How TF do you complete this stupid bicycle kick challenge...

Jay1787
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited December 2019
I've score 1 by accident since I got the damn game... why put stupid challenges like this in the game? It's not fun trying to do stuff like this...
Post edited by Jay1787 on

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    I think there will be more than enough xp meaning you can probably skip this one.
  • Jimmyb83
    1163 posts Professional
    Turn with your back to goal, click the right stick, hold LT and shoot.
  • Jay1787
    Jimmyb83 wrote: »

I've been trying for 10 games so far and the defenders just go mental the second you flick it up in the air.
  • lippyone
    2654 posts National Call-Up
    Jay1787 wrote: »
    Jimmyb83 wrote: »

I've been trying for 10 games so far and the defenders just go mental the second you flick it up in the air.

Easiest way is LB +X Lofted cross into box behind player then LT+Shoot

Having said that it still took 3 games, as the first Two bicycle kicks were saved, the third one did not even register.
    Need a really crap bronze team so can spam the crosses in, but really it bad objective that probably do not need to do anyway
  • Took me a while to do by constantly crossing it with all my attacking players having a 5* skill rating.

Found it easier to do when the crosses were from in front of the goal rather than across the box.

Was a bit annoyed that it didn’t recognise it as a flair shot though for the week 1 objective.
  • Salvatori
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its pretty easy. It can be against a semi pro team, so pick out the bronze one and you have plenty time in the box to do it with a 5* skiller with flair trait. Think i just did it with Futmas Santi or NIF Joao Felix. get in the fox, run side on / slightly away, flick up, L2+ shot, job done.
  • Jay1787
    I hate playing single player, especially semi-pro and pro. I find these harder than Legendary because at least on Legendary the defenders sometimes come forward to attack. Semi-Pro and Pro, all that happens is the entire team just sit in the box and it's boring as ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

My last 3 refreshes i've had 1 half bronze team, the rest were gold with 60 chem so it's not making this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ challenge easy at all...
  • Jay1787
    Like, on a serious note though, why would someone in EA HQ actually think it's a good idea to put one of the most mind numbingly boring challenges active? I mean it's so boring this makes me not want to play more than losing repeatedly in WL.

I've never had less fun playing this game than doing this challenge.
  • Ben
    5496 posts Big Money Move
    Salvatori wrote: »
    Its pretty easy. It can be against a semi pro team, so pick out the bronze one and you have plenty time in the box to do it with a 5* skiller with flair trait. Think i just did it with Futmas Santi or NIF Joao Felix. get in the fox, run side on / slightly away, flick up, L2+ shot, job done.

I’m 7 games into this objective and giving up now. It might be easy if you’re good, for for bad players like me it’s too hard. I’ve watched YouTube videos on how to do it but my players keep doing volleys. I’m also getting wrecked by 60 rated bronze teams who barge into me as soon as I enter the box. It’s like playing online. Too hard for me.
  • Jay1787

No idea what you mean, i've been, i've been trying this for 15 games now and they never flick it up high enough, and if they do the defender just tackles me. Then when i shoot he waits for it to land... it's the most horrificly boring terrible idea of a challenge i've ever come across.
  • Salvatori
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite

No idea what you mean, i've been, i've been trying this for 15 games now and they never flick it up high enough, and if they do the defender just tackles me. Then when i shoot he waits for it to land... it's the most horrificly boring terrible idea of a challenge i've ever come across.

Use the L2 + R3 flick, make sure you are using a player with "flair" trait. It took me a few attempts because you dont get loads of time against semi pro, but i scored 3 in the end in the one game i think.

Other option is to do a El Tornado whilst running at 90 degrees to the goal then L2 shot, more tricky to pull off but still possible.

Finally, the sweaty cut across / cut back is pretty easy against these bronze teams so do that and when your play recieves it, flick if up, the L2 and shoot. Need to turn away, but it counts if your at 90 degreess not even 180 degress.

I am a bad player, and i managed it ok
  • Sodan70
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just spam L2/O - I had a volley count as a bicycle kick...
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    I had 2 bicycle kicks but they both got saved...

I'm skipping it lol
  • Jay1787
    edited December 2019
    I've done 16 games now. I've tried everything you guys are suggesting and every shot is a volley. Never ever have I come across something I've disliked so much.

I just can't believe they've asked us to do this when it's BY FAR the least fun I have probably ever had in any video game now.... like hours of just doing this stupid thing with players...

Makes it even harder that they're not giving me bronze teams to play against. I got mostly gold and maybe half bronze with a superstar GK.
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    I've done 16 games now. I've tried everything you guys are suggesting and every shot is a volley. Never ever have I come across something I've disliked so much.

I just can't believe they've asked us to do this when it's BY FAR the least fun I have probably ever had in any video game now.... like hours of just doing this stupid thing with players...

Makes it even harder that they're not giving me bronze teams to play against. I got mostly got and maybe half bronze with a superstar GK.

Tbh you're not forced and you can skip it without problems
  • Jay1787
    edited December 2019

Makes it even harder that they're not giving me bronze teams to play against. I got mostly got and maybe half bronze with a superstar GK.

Tbh you're not forced and you can skip it without problems

I've still got 19k before i get to Batsh... so i'd rather just do everything i can now so i don't have to play this garbage later.
  • Piqueito
    13 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2019
    Took me 15 games to get it. Tried everything - crosses from side and behind, flicks, el tornados and in the end got it randomly after a defender headed it just onto Zlatan who leaped 10 ft in the air for picture perfect bicycle kick.

I must have scored 100 side volleys and all kind of falling shots that didnt register.
  • D0lvl
    5023 posts Big Money Move
    I completed it with futmas cazorla and did a el tornado. Start el tornado facing the sidelines. Hit L2 and shoot just to be sure. Took me 3 tries.
  • Jay1787
    Just tried again, managed to get one... didn't register... EA is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ troll haha
  • Ben
    5496 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve scored two now and neither counted....giving up
  • rukawai
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    with your player facing the goal near the penalty spot area. Press R3 to flick the ball up. Then flick it in the opposite direction over ur head. With ur player back now facing the goal, press L2 and shoot.

Took me about 2 games to finally do it. U can keep on refreshing ur squad battles until u face a bronze team.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    I did it on world class with my MX/MLS team for the icon swap
  • Pnub
    1098 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    Ben wrote: »

I’m 7 games into this objective and giving up now. It might be easy if you’re good, for for bad players like me it’s too hard. I’ve watched YouTube videos on how to do it but my players keep doing volleys. I’m also getting wrecked by 60 rated bronze teams who barge into me as soon as I enter the box. It’s like playing online. Too hard for me.

This was by far the worst challenge I have ever done in the game, so many times they would either just head it or do a side on volley. Took me over 10 games to get it done but finally just aimed a cross from a corner to the near post with only the smallest touch. Took control of Dzeko moved him to infont of the goal post so he had his back to the goal and then sent the cross in and finally got it done. I swear this challenge almost made me delete the game
    It would have been better if it was just in any game mode not semi pro for those not good at the skill moves as at least on beginner the defenders just stay clear of your player giving you more of a chance.
  • You can set yourself up for it L2+RStick push flick over head and L2+O

Just choose a crappy SB team and it will come
  • lippyone
    2654 posts National Call-Up
    Funny thing is none of us probably even need to do it. Shouod confortably reach level 20 even if missing a few of the gold challenges
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did all the sb ones in the same game. Chip it to one of your players and hold L2 and shoot