This game should come with a health warning

Jay1787
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
Had a really easy first half, 1-0 up. Right at the end i went 2-0 up. Half ends. Second half, pretty much from the moment I went 2-0 up my team turned into absolute garbage. Every pass was either too short or too long or in the wrong direction. Suddenly if by some miracle the ball got to my players, players with 95 plus ball control had the ball cannonballing back off them like it was a rubber ball. Suddenly his team became super fast and strong, his slow defenders were faster than my 97 pace Crespo, they did no tackle animations and just kept easing me off the ball.

The guy got into the box and had a shot, it was saved, i never pressed tackle yet I gave a penalty away... I'm noticing this more and more. I'm giving away 1 penalty every 2-3 games where I almost never did. I've no idea what has changed on this game but it doesn't feel the same at all. Random things that never used to happen are constantly happening several times a game.

I won 2-1 but it was a horrible second half of not being able to do a damn thing at all...

Comments

• DannySTFC
    10384 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe he felt the same in the first half as you did in the second? No one ever thinks about it working the other way around.
  • Moe_86
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    Constant pressure, thats what happened. They guy played all in against you
  • Jay1787
    Nah, he was one of those trash players who used 4-3-3 and had pace cards on Neymar, Mbappe and Gelson Martins. All he did was long ball it towards the winger, run down the wing and try pass it in the box. He was terrible. He had VVD at the back too who mopped up everything in the second half. It was one of those where as soon as I passed the ball his players all stepped in front of mine, even where there was no one there, he managed to get there before the pass.

Just one of those things, game of two halves. I know it wasn't me playing bad. Literally nothing I can do if I pass the ball and it doesn't make it somewhere and when it does it just bounces off them.
  • Jay1787
    edited December 2019
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    Constant pressure, thats what happened. They guy played all in against you

Constant pressure shouldn't make every single one of my passes 50% weaker than it should be, it shouldn't reduce 95 ball control to 23. That's the joke of it. There's no excuse for it, even when playing it calm and playing it back to my full back, it was so, so slow...
  • Fox_in_the_Box
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Maybe he felt the same in the first half as you did in the second? No one ever thinks about it working the other way around.

90% of the time - No.

You can tell.

You can tell full well when your opponent is suffering....or is just getting a bump.

Anyone that's played FIFA for more than a few hours....let alone years and years...Can tell.

• Jay1787
    Just had an entire game of bull ❤️❤️❤️❤️. haha got my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kicked big time. Literally guy walked right into my defenders and they refused to tackle the ball... yet Scream Pique was about 5 yards behind my 97 pace Crespo and caught him.... pique at best with a shadow has 76 accel and 91 speed. From a standing start it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ impossible for Pique to do that unless ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is in play. I used my stick to knock the ball away too. Scream Piques stats do NOT reflect his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ performance. I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hate this guy. So OP....
  • HishamAyman
    3254 posts National Call-Up
    I know this might be surprising, or it might sound crazy, but ill still say it. If this game is affecting your health in any negative way you should probably stop playing the game.
  • Jay1787
    I think I've had enough of this WL... i've lost the last 3 and it's been due to those pathetic ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that play ultra drop back and the AI does all the work and they have VVD and/or Scream Pique and those two are just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ stupid. You can't do ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all against them.

My biggest frustration with this game is tackling. Two full games now I've been all over the other player with the ball like a rash but I cannot CAN NOT get my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ idiot player to tackle the ball... then he will get some little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to come over and brush me off the ball with no tackle animation. I've no ❤️❤️❤️❤️ clue how to cope with it. Even tackles from behind are stupid. Anytime a player comes up behind me he wins the ball... i've never done 1 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tackle from behind in 450 games.

Another thing is my AI defenders will not tackle.... they will watch and maybe cut out a passing lane, but opponents AI ❤️❤️❤️❤️ run at you and smash into you and win the ball... how do I get the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ AI to do this?
  • atheistsw
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sounds like you got done by the curse of 2-0... happens EVERY time mate, best not to race into a lead like that otherwise what you described will ALWAYS happen... :wink:
  • Arsenalfc93
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had 2 games last night where the game froze for 10 seconds a time I didnt quit luckily got a pen in one of them i think they was using lag switches as most the times it was when i was on the attack or when he attacked couldnt get the ball due to the lag