What are the basics of tackling?

Jay1787
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
I'm so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ confused.... every single game I have torpedo players charging at me and taking the ball. Yet I get infront of the player, stand on top of the ball, it looks like I have it, I turn and the i leave the ball...

1: How do other players get their AI to track every run?

2: How do they get the AI defenders to intercept everything with a ball control of 99?

3: How do you get your player to actually go for the ball and not randomly lunge?

Literally every game my players will stand almost completely still and I have to do everything. Yet my opponents AI literally smashes my players over the floor whilst the player chases the ball like a headless chicken.

I've lost 3 games in a row now because I cannot, CANNOT for the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ life of me get my defenders to do anything. They lose out every tackle.

Comments

• mhh1981
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Best tip is not to dive in.
  • ChappellRovers
    3416 posts National Call-Up
    Best tip from me is to stand still, try not to run the players too far out of position and switch between them constantly so you keep the defensive shape. Also use CDM/CM’s to chase the ball never defenders. I used to be an amazing defender before the last update now I am rubbish but doing that made me become average. It sucks but it is the only way to not concede constantly.
  • Jay1787
    Best tip from me is to stand still, try not to run the players too far out of position and switch between them constantly so you keep the defensive shape. Also use CDM/CM’s to chase the ball never defenders. I used to be an amazing defender before the last update now I am rubbish but doing that made me become average. It sucks but it is the only way to not concede constantly.

I can't figure out how other players do it, they charge in a straight line and no matter what you do, they will get your and/or the ball. You can pass whilst they're behind you and they still somehow intercept the pass which is near on impossible....
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jay1787 wrote: »
    I'm so **** confused.... every single game I have torpedo players charging at me and taking the ball. Yet I get infront of the player, stand on top of the ball, it looks like I have it, I turn and the i leave the ball...

1: How do other players get their AI to track every run?

2: How do they get the AI defenders to intercept everything with a ball control of 99?

3: How do you get your player to actually go for the ball and not randomly lunge?

Literally every game my players will stand almost completely still and I have to do everything. Yet my opponents AI literally smashes my players over the floor whilst the player chases the ball like a headless chicken.

I've lost 3 games in a row now because I cannot, CANNOT for the **** life of me get my defenders to do anything. They lose out every tackle.

Only press the tackle button when facing the opponent. Which happens rarely. Mostly things happen during movement. To get the ball block your opponent. If you press tackle and miss your player pauses for long enough that the opponent will get the upper hand. Also, people talk about how fast certain CBs are but don't place much weight on agility and winning the ball. Certain CBs have a knack for just winning the ball. Militao and Gomez are two of the best examples of this. I used Juan Jesus and he looks very similar to Militao stat wise but doesn't win the ball in the same way. Get some defenders who can win the ball. Varane and Ramos are two other great CBs. And Scream Pique if you have him.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

Uploading a video that shows a problem with tackling/blocking.

• Jay1787

Look forward to watching it, post it here!
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Jay1787 wrote: »

Look forward to watching it, post it here!