To people on a high horse on self relegation

Ronaldo
3901 posts National Call-Up
Try playing with a 50 pace striker and a full third tier first owner team against Neymar, Mbappe and Messi in division 2. Everybody always blames the community but this game caters towards toxicity. I'm not gonna play in div 2 and lose 9/10 games when I can relegate to div 5 and actually finish the objectives.

I wish I didnt have to but the reality is you do.

Comments

• DannySTFC
    4088 posts National Call-Up
    I wish we could all just do first goal wins when it’s obvious both players are doing swaps, would be so much quicker!
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    I tried to do the first set of objectives in Division 3, ended up getting relegated anyway.
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    I don’t blame people who self relegate. It’s not an exploit and there’s no punishment for it, so it’s fine

I think it’s a fundamental problem with how objectives are handled by EA.

Self-relegating ruins Rivals as any sort of competitive ladder, but it’s really up to EA to design a system that works and putting objectives into a “competitive” ladder is a stupid idea.
  • Snugglebites
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nerd.
  • TheMightyBee
    3070 posts National Call-Up
    I face all those players in division 5 anyway
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    I've been Div 5-4 since the game came out. Not gone up or gone down past this small bubble. Managed all of Icon Swaps 1 and a lot of other player objectives as well, without dropping to the lower divisions. I'm playing people of a similar ability with better teams (neymars etc) and getting wins etc. So it can be done (yes its not quick) and will take effort but it can be done in your own division so don't come on here like you are the righteous one!
  • Paul9619
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    I've been Div 5-4 since the game came out. Not gone up or gone down past this small bubble. Managed all of Icon Swaps 1 and a lot of other player objectives as well, without dropping to the lower divisions. I'm playing people of a similar ability with better teams (neymars etc) and getting wins etc. So it can be done (yes its not quick) and will take effort but it can be done in your own division so don't come on here like you are the righteous one!

I have been div 5 since the beginning and I would say I face a team with a least two icons 9 out of 10 games.
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    Paul9619 wrote: »

I have been div 5 since the beginning and I would say I face a team with a least two icons 9 out of 10 games.

Exactly. Quality of the team is still good no matter what division. Its the opponent that changes if you drop down.
  • Paul9619
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Paul9619 wrote: »

Exactly. Quality of the team is still good no matter what division. Its the opponent that changes if you drop down.

Yes and it’s mostly not skill either, it’s the ability to manipulate the tactics to constantly high press and auto intercept/block whilst still being able to out sprint players in the second half even though our stamina is empty.

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Dubbly wrote: »
    I don’t blame people who self relegate. It’s not an exploit and there’s no punishment for it, so it’s fine

Not really. You're essentially cheating the system to gain an advantage.

Obviously the objectices is a flawed system in that aspect. The concept of objectives is pretty decent, but how to implement it in a system designed to be "competitive" it doesn't really work.

If rivals objectives were kept to "score x long range" "score x from crosses" "win x games" etc, then these are fine as they fit in to the normal system of playing the game.

They should set up separate modes where the objective is the requirement;
    Brazil team division
    - score x goals in Brazil team division

Etc
  • Wooly1203
    3020 posts National Call-Up
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    I wish we could all just do first goal wins when it’s obvious both players are doing swaps, would be so much quicker!

This would be amazing. It would save all of us so much time.
  • Jdizzle
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wooly1203 wrote: »

This would be amazing. It would save all of us so much time.

Someones actually messaged me that before the match tbh.
  • GeorgeGervin
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I tried to do the first set of objectives in Division 3, ended up getting relegated anyway.

Lol same. Natural regression from 4 to 6 last swaps. Back in 4 ... a lot of losing in my future.
  • SanderFC
    3033 posts National Call-Up
    The problem is people who while self-relegating, don't skip cut scenes yet quit before kickoff making you lose contracts+realistic player stats while you don't gain match coins, objective/milestone progress and rival points.
  • Delboy13710
    7483 posts League Winner
    Just do it normally and if you get relegated so be it . Honestly it's not as deep as you guys make it out . Dont you enjoy testing yourself , didnt a pro player go 30 wins with a silver team , bunch of 😺
  • SuperKMx
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just do it normally and if you get relegated so be it . Honestly it's not as deep as you guys make it out . Dont you enjoy testing yourself , didnt a pro player go 30 wins with a silver team , bunch of 😺

Couldn't agree with you more. Just play the game.

If people hate the game so much that they don't enjoy the competition of it all, what do they need icons for anyway? If it isn't fun, don't play the game AT ALL. Find something else to do.
  • truegunn3r
    10225 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    I think relegating for easy wins is pathetic. I’ve just got promoted back to Div 5 since September. Now I’ve just won 3 out of 4 of the la Liga token and already completed Bundesliga. If I had used the weak mentality of most, I would be sitting in division 7 to do the same thing.
  • Delboy13710
    7483 posts League Winner
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Couldn't agree with you more. Just play the game.

If people hate the game so much that they don't enjoy the competition of it all, what do they need icons for anyway? If it isn't fun, don't play the game AT ALL. Find something else to do.

I couldn't imagine kicking the ball in my own goal or quitting before the game because I'm scared of a challenge. I'd rather try if I go a 3 or more goals down against a superior player then I might quit but have to at least try . Maybe it's a younger generation thing but you at least have to try no matter how much the odds are stacked against you .
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019

That is what I do, if i concede first I just quit and start another. It saves time, gives the opponent a quick leg up for his objective, and keeps the rating down.

I get slightly annoyed when my opponents who are also doing the objectives do not quit when losing.

You are winning. 2 0 and they carry on, then sometimes they will equalise near the end and celebrate like they won the world cup, yet all they have done is waste everyones time.
  • SuperKMx
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    I couldn't imagine kicking the ball in my own goal or quitting before the game because I'm scared of a challenge. I'd rather try if I go a 3 or more goals down against a superior player then I might quit but have to at least try . Maybe it's a younger generation thing but you at least have to try no matter how much the odds are stacked against you .

Exactly. I mean, if I go three down in the first half and I've barely touched the ball, I'll think about throwing in the towel to save everybody some time :smile: But outside of that, I can't see the point in throwing the game.

You don't learn how to beat better players by only beating worse ones, but a lot of people fail to understand that. Like you say, maybe it's a generational thing.
  • lippyone
    The point of quitting is to get the objective finished as quickly as possible so as to be able to get back to using your own team.

Nothing enjoyable about having to face god squads with a 78 rated Bundesleague team when your god squad opponent celebrates every goal by running to the camera and watches every cut scene, Who would not want to quit?
  • SuperKMx
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    lippyone wrote: »
    I get slightly annoyed when my opponents who are also doing the objectives do not quit when losing. You are winning. 2 0 and they carry on, then sometimes they will equalise near the end and celebrate like they won the world cup, yet sll they have done is waste everyones time.

You have to be joking.

You're winning 2-0 and are upset that they don't quit.

But then they equalize but were just wasting everybody's time?

What?

You realise that not everybody is playing just to get a sodding icon swaps token, right? Some people are playing because they want to actually play the game. Some people aren't treating it like their damned job.
  • AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    lower division meet the same people as you do, but they have to count people who self relegate too
  • SuperKMx
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    Nothing enjoyable about having to face god squads with a 78 rated Bundesleague team when your god squad opponent celebrates every goal by running to the camera and watches every cut scene

There is, actually. It's called a challenge.
    Who would not want to quit?

Anybody who isn't 5 or who realises that sometimes they won't just dominate every opponent.

And LOL...78-rated Bundesliga squad. Did you not read the whole thing EA posted about first owner objectives? Did you not see Icon Swaps 1 and the first owner requirements? Why have you been rinsing and selling every player that you get?

Surely that one's on you?
  • Struggstarr
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    I basically play in the division I'm supposed to be in, but if I go 1-0 down against someone not going for the obvjective I just quit and give them the win if I feel I'm being outclassed.
    I don't really feel the need to relegate myself to do this objective though. The quality difference in the cards are not that great. My Full England team can compete with a Sweaty team with Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. The only real difference is the skill moves and I guess stamina on my fullbacks I notice after 70minutes. However if I do go 1-0 or 2-0 down against a team like this and my opponent is clearly good I'll just give him the win and quit early and save us both time. Honestly though I'm in division 3 and usually come up against someone trying for the objective.
  • lippyone
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    I get slightly annoyed when my opponents who are also doing the objectives do not quit when losing. You are winning. 2 0 and they carry on, then sometimes they will equalise near the end and celebrate like they won the world cup, yet sll they have done is waste everyones time.

You have to be joking.

You're winning 2-0 and are upset that they don't quit.

But then they equalize but were just wasting everybody's time?

What?

You realise that not everybody is playing just to get a sodding icon swaps token, right? Some people are playing because they want to actually play the game. Some people aren't treating it like their damned job.

If You come up against a team of all English players on the day the objectives come out you do not need to be Einstein to know they are doing the objectives.
  • SuperKMx
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    If You come up against a team of all English players on the day the objectives come out you do not need to be Einstein to know they are doing the objectives.

Indeed. But they get ranking points for a draw, and barely lose or gain any skill points.

If they lose, they lose 25-35 skill points but get 150 ranking points.

If they quit, they lose 25-35 skill points and get no ranking points.

Why should they quit?

If you don't have time to play, don't start a match. Don't blame the other guy for seeing out the full 90.