The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Anyone else playing brilliantly at the moment??

marktko
193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Well I'm playing like a man possessed.

My players are running on, finding space, winning challenges, intercepting and finishing brilliantly.

16 wins and 4 draws from last 20 and division 2 bound. This all started 4 days ago. Not changed any settings or anything and playing similar and higher calibre opponents.

I've been here before mind....

Comments

• Downthewing85
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All the good people are in div 7 😂😂
    Joking well done bud 👌
  • marktko
    I'm sure my bad spell is just around the corner.....
  • Downthewing85
    marktko wrote: »
    I'm sure my bad spell is just around the corner.....

Ya there is a week in every month I think iv cracked fifa, then I get knocked back to reality
  • Downthewing85
    It's the only online game that is hard to know if your good or not, it's when u couch plsy someone or drop 2 divisions you realise your not bad just in rivals u plsy yourself over and over
  • The mechanics of the game have been altered since yesterday. Much better flow to the game. Defending is not as computerized so guys who are you used defending with computer help now need to control their defenders like real life so they are screwed for the moment , hahaha. Online Seasons that is.

Enjoy it while it lasts because it might go back to previous game mechanics.
  • marktko
    I've just lost my first game for ages. Shouted at the screen a few times due to terrible passing and finishing and the worst a one two where my guy passed ball then ran on but stopped half way through his tin and backed up to defend....

I'm certain it's just a blip....
  • tarheels_forever
    746 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 1
    Well I'm playing like a man possessed.

My players are running on, finding space, winning challenges, intercepting and finishing brilliantly.

16 wins and 4 draws from last 20 and division 2 bound. This all started 4 days ago. Not changed any settings or anything and playing similar and higher calibre opponents.

I've been here before mind....

NO! i play with Chelsea and almost every game i get matched up with Barcelona, France, PSG, or one of the other 5 star "super" teams. they are usually faster than me, stronger than me, win almost all the headers vs me, and their finishing is almost always better than mine. when you play against a team that is overall superior in ratings its very hard to win. imo results are based entirely too much on the player and team ratings, and not enough on human player skill and chances created.
  • Dunkirk
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    definitely wont last
  • DarkMac
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes, EA ....
    Do you really think you are playing the game? :))
  • redsfan78
    47 posts Park Captain
    I have to say, I'm playing brilliantly at the moment. I noticed Liverpool had their ratings improved, I've won 10 in a row, having lost the previous 4! Suddenly my players are getting the second balls first, continuing their forward runs to actually reach the through balls - all - dare I say it - like real-life intelligent footballers!
    I have to add, that it seems like something changed in Seasons last night - the ball seems to run more realistically, and the gameplay was beautiful, fast, like playing offline, I actually anjoyed it, and was disappointed when a player quit against me even though we were drawing. Tbh, I don't know why he quit, it was 2-2 wih 80 minutes gone, the game decided I won (part of my 10-game winning sequence).
    Anyone else noticed this?
  • DarkMac
    You are not playing brilliantly, trust me. And it is not a hate speech... will see after a few more games. The game winning strike is not decided by you. And there are people that quit a game because they can see that they will lose because the game decide that it's your turn to have few more winnings. And they already know when they will be dragged back in a game... The players are moving randomly and their movement does not comply with what you tell them to do, they became slower and like disorientated .... it's in the game....it's EA
  • redsfan78
    47 posts Park Captain
    But I choose to enjoy it while it lasts :)
  • redsfan78
    47 posts Park Captain
    But also, the players who almost never lose, how do they overcome it when EA makes their players move randomly?
  • marktko
    Agreed I'll also enjoy it whilst it lasts but I can relate to everything you're saying re the players acting like intelligent footballers.

Not played much last couple of weeks but just 1 defeat in 20.unheard of for me....
  • redsfan78
    47 posts Park Captain
    You were right my winning run didn't last, but happily I managed to win division 1 while it lasted. But, I have to add, the gameplay has remained excellent, smooth, like offline basically, it's been a surprising pleasure to play
  • DarkMac
    @redsfan78 Again... this will also not last too much... It's EA after all...
    I have no problem if I am in division 5 or 7 or 1 ... I don't care... The idea is that a game is not supposed to slow you down just to win some newbies... If I'm better I'm better... simple as that...
    But the way they change the game just to make a newbie win... it is pathetic.

My goalkeeper is passing exactly in the opponent feet ... my defenders suddenly lose the direction.... and voila... 4-5 matches lost. And then... guess what... It's my turn to literally fly on the pitch and score games that I didn't know my players can score ... even if they play in some karate kid fantasy football games...

• marktko
    Well it's happened. One win in last 12 and back in division 3 but division 4 looking very likely.

It's not that I've been playing many division 1 opponents either. Players back to not running into space, Weak passes pathetic through balls, second to every ball etc.. M

What is it with this game
  • YidArmy
    71 posts Park Captain
    Well it's happened. One win in last 12 and back in division 3 but division 4 looking very likely.

It's not that I've been playing many division 1 opponents either. Players back to not running into space, Weak passes pathetic through balls, second to every ball etc.. M

What is it with this game

I'm convinced I know what's going on. After a period of allowing you the to play with the team you choose and the normal players stats....suddenly all your players get around a MINUS 10 applied to each of their ratings. So instead of your striker normally having that 85 finishing stat, its actually gone down to 75. Players feeling stuck in the mud?? It's because their agility/ ball control, dribbling has been knocked down a notch. Then after a period of games, this handicap is gone and you have players playing to their full stats again. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

This also makes sense as to why certain gamers are able to have so few defeats and huge amounts of wins. If there was proper scripting of games as some suggest, then people that have these amazing records (with hardly any losses) wouldn't make sense.

These top players are basically so good that they can overcome the reduction is their players stats and still win. The majority that aren't elite players are unable to overcome the reduction as well as a the top players.

I can literally see when I'm in the midst of my players having their stats reduced. I often use Shakhtar Donetsk and I proved it to myself that something was up. The player Taison is a very good dribbler, high stats in everything you need. When his normal stats are being used, with only using the left stick he turns sharply in any direction. I was in a game when the stat reduction was happening and he WOULD NOT turn as he normally does AT All. I was literally running away from my opponent over and over again testing his dribbling...it was way off.

So...I then loaded up a 1 vs 1 game against the AI on kick off and chose Shakhtar Donetsk. The same Taison in Kick Off was surprise surprise able to turn sharply again with only left stick movement. This proved to me without doubt that my theory is correct. Why would the supposedly same player, with the supposedly same stats dribble completely differently in one game mode to the next?? Shakhtar Donetsk dont have live form as their league isn't on the game so it wasn't that he had higher or lower stats due to this.
  • J79B
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah, shooting the post for 5 times is idd normal lol!
  • marktko
    Just had a game where nothing went for me. These things happen I know but I was all out attack and 1 0 down and on a counter I was waiting on the touchline for my central attackers to chase up the field ffs. What's all that about?

• redsfan78
    47 posts Park Captain
    I don't know about you guys, but for the last week or so, the game online has been terribly terribly slow. Only a few games have been worth doing at all. Maybe it's my connection, I don't know - have your games been reasonable?
  • lenny0121
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 24
    I have that all the time. A few games where my shots hit the target, passing is crisp, AI controlled defenders actually tracking runs... Then it all goes to bollocks - lose every 50/50, defenders just stand there, shots & passing are awful
  • Please help.
    I’m an average Fifa player, I seem to float between div 3 & 4 online seasons.
    I can win 2, lose 1, draw 2, win 1, etc etc etc. Then suddenly I can’t win at all, no matter what, I can lose 5/6 games on the trot. How is this fair, it’s not what should happen. I’m not a pro, far from it. But to lose 6 games on the trot. Come on. If I lost 3 then Won 2 then lost 1, just something normal.
    Can anyone help??
  • Cosmic99
    76 posts Park Captain
    I'm not convinced on the stats being reduced, however I believe the server connection does make a massive difference. EA have openly admitted they need to improve their servers, although they seem reluctant to do anything about it. The game also seems to favour those with a poorer connection, so your connection gets 'downgraded' to make up for it and suddenly the game isn't responding how you expect. It's shocking that FIFA, a multi million pound franchise, is still suffering from these issues when almost every other game can do online flawlessly.
  • marktko
    Well I'm now in division 4 and on a terrible run. Will have all on not to go to 5. I've even tried new formations things are going that badly.

No player runs, and he's second to every ball. Worst thing is my shooting. It's woeful and some are the weakest shots I've ever seen when I've got chance to score.

Things will change of course but these patterns are a joke
  • marktko
    Christ I've just shipped 8 goals from 10 goal attempts.I'm at an all time low. He was a division 4 player.

Cannot win a tackle or intercept to save my life. Have come off it for a bit. Not good for my health
  • redsfan78
    47 posts Park Captain
    Marktko I agree with you about the health, especially the mental health 😉
  • marktko
    It's got to me that bad I appear to be watching the Masked Singer....
  • marktko
    Right what the hell has changed in this game.

I've just conceded 7 goals in my next match. Guy had not been beyond division 4.my players are doing nothing. I mean nothing ffs.

One goal he even ran through me from kick off. Defence too slow to respond.

Something has changed. I don't mind losing but I know when it's not a fair playing field
  • YidArmy
    71 posts Park Captain
    Right what the hell has changed in this game.

I've just conceded 7 goals in my next match. Guy had not been beyond division 4.my players are doing nothing. I mean nothing ffs.

One goal he even ran through me from kick off. Defence too slow to respond.

Something has changed. I don't mind losing but I know when it's not a fair playing field

There was a patch last week that made changes to the gameplay. If you look at the pitch notes, shooting inside the box is something they have made easier, there is now much less chance of shots being saved .

My experience of this patch has just been an all out goal fest...goals all over the place for me and my opponents. It's just too easy to score on this Fifa at the moment. When the norm is for 6, 7, 8 goals in a game, surely they should realise there's a problem.