So can we all agree it was a fail

Ronaldo
3901 posts National Call-Up
Releasing Prime icons this late into the game. I realize they will drop in price come time, but they will always remain very rare. Players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho will be unattainable for 99%of the fut community. While they were somewhat attainable with sbc's

Comments

• That was the whole idea in the first place, give people limited choices in swaps and sell loads of FIFA points when people realize there's no other way to get the top icons, even the good traders are only going to be able to get. 3-4 of the meta prime moments players
  • Ronaldo
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    That was the whole idea in the first place, give people limited choices in swaps and sell loads of FIFA points when people realize there's no other way to get the top icons, even the good traders are only going to be able to get. 3-4 of the meta prime moments players

3-4 is pushing it tbh, I consider myself a good trader and have traded since fifa 12. And even I only got to 6 Mill atm. Which isnt even enougj for 1 of the top prime icons.
  • Cahir85
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    But is the game not 4 months old? Only got it as a gift so honestly don't know. Why would they blow it up so early
  • AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    I still couldnt afford R9 SBC and similar SBCs lol
  • IxToMxI
    7068 posts League Winner
    What the community wanted, last two years everyone moaned at full icon teams to early in the game, I’ve played every W/L apart from two never faced a full icon team at all.

Much better variety and from about 4 weeks of rivals and W/L you can afford a CR7 or Mbappe or Neymar etc

Teams shouldn’t have all icons in them it’s not fun it should be an icon or two around other players.

I for the last two years have made pretty much full icon teams from the SBC’s this is the first year for as long as I can remember where all my coins are tradable still which is really nice knowing I can change my team if I wanted to.

It’s also nice not having to second guess EA and the market as again last year I ended doing icon SBC’s at the end of the game just because I did crappy icons as thought they would be required.

Playing, saving and trading and most players are attainable tbf
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    I shudder to think how much you would have to spend on points to have enough to buy Zidane at 12mil. I think over the last two years I have spent in total about £300 on points. I can say hand on heart that I have definitely not made more than 600k back in players.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    I don't mind it, gets boring seeing everyone with full icon teams in Dec, I've more variety in squads this year
  • AlexBear012
    I don't mind it, gets boring seeing everyone with full icon teams in Dec, I've more variety in squads this year

But is there variety?

I agree with your point but lots of people will run the same players over and over (Dembele, Sissoko, Mendy etc)
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    agree but EA prisoners in here with stockholm syndrome will tell you in denial that its been great because they can have 85 Pep for "free"
  • IxToMxI
    7068 posts League Winner
    Navraat wrote: »
    agree but EA prisoners in here with stockholm syndrome will tell you in denial that its been great because they can have 85 Pep for "free"

There are many cards you had a choice what you wanted? I personally took Gerrard and he is absolutely solid, best box 2 box midfielder I’ve used this year so far, will be in my team for a long time.

No one truly knows who is dropping tomorrow, all we do know it’s not any version of any icons that have already dropped
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6277 posts Big Money Move

But is there variety?

I agree with your point but lots of people will run the same players over and over (Dembele, Sissoko, Mendy etc)

The players that do that will always do it.
    Some people are just desperate to win.
    I've faced some really random teams this year
    MLS teams quite a few times
    Ligue 1 teams
    Full nation teams including a full Turkish side, Uruguay team
    I've obviously faced the full meta teams with the drop back, watching every replay, stupid celebration gang but that's the community not ea
  • ChappellRovers
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    I don’t think it matters and I prefer it. It is kind of like Neymar, Salah, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Van Djik etc. I have made 6 million through trading this year and spent £10 fifa points. I couldn’t afford to build a squad out of those, even using their standard cards. Let alone bringing icons into the mix. 95% of people are lucky to get 2-3 of those players by end game. It is the same as TOTY, insanely expensive it would be hard for most people to even afford one player.

It reminds me of people complaining the Messi POTM was too expensive, it wasn’t not everyone should have Messi or Messi POTM, Messi IF, Messi TOTYN. Really barely anyone should have them, because there are barely any footballers of that calibre in real life. So in my opinion they should be unattainable for 99.9% of players.
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t think it matters and I prefer it. It is kind of like Neymar, Salah, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Van Djik etc. I have made 6 million through trading this year and spent £10 fifa points. I couldn’t afford to build a squad out of those, even using their standard cards. Let alone bringing icons into the mix. 95% of people are lucky to get 2-3 of those players by end game. It is the same as TOTY, insanely expensive it would be hard for most people to even afford one player.

It reminds me of people complaining the Messi POTM was too expensive, it wasn’t not everyone should have Messi or Messi POTM, Messi IF, Messi TOTYN. Really barely anyone should have them, because there are barely any footballers of that calibre in real life. So in my opinion they should be unattainable for 99.9% of players.

It's 1 year long game, and it's just a game

No one wanted Messi for free, we just asked 1.5m as price for an untradeable Messi, hardly game breaking
  • AlexBear012
    Navraat wrote: »

It's 1 year long game, and it's just a game

No one wanted Messi for free, we just asked 1.5m as price for an untradeable Messi, hardly game breaking

Messi is 1.7-1.8M which is i consider fairly priced
  • OZero
    6772 posts Big Money Move
    I ain’t sure. Some of the prime icons prices already lower than last December.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Letting it get to the stage where it's 12 million for an icon, that will be irrelevant in 6 months and which 99% can never use, epitomises the type of faceless corporate vampires that are firmly attached to the jugular of the Fifa franchise, draining its life blood day in and day out, week in and week out...year after year after year.
  • Redlad
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We’ll have to wait fir the publication of EA’s financial accounts to see if it was a fail or not...joking aside though, from a consumer perspective getting the players we want (or need, to remain competitve) is harder (or more expensive) than ever.