OT: IE, Firefox plugins/settings to disable ads?

WoodyDaCuak
954 posts An Exciting Prospect
Or Chrome?

It's becoming absolutely ridiculous I can't browse anything without ads showing up all around the article that I'm trying to read, and those **** ads are usually high res vids, audio, what not, puts the browser to a crawl!

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20726 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2015
    Download ad blocker it's normally a extension
  • Fab
    18308 posts World Class
    its called adblocker use chrome good luck famalam <3
  • Azof
    16932 posts World Class
    Adblock since 2009 <3
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Adblock plus + Noscript. Can't remember the last time I saw an advert. Seriously.
  • WoodyDaCuak
    thanks everyone for their responses! will try adblock for sure.
  • Ryno
    6428 posts Big Money Move
    Adblock plus + Noscript. Can't remember the last time I saw an advert. Seriously.

Noscript?
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ryno wrote: »

Noscript?
    Yes, sir.

"This free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java, Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice (e.g. your online bank)"
  • WoodyDaCuak

Noscript?
    Yes, sir.

"This free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java, Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice (e.g. your online bank)"

So for NoScript you basically add a white list?
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2015

Noscript?
    Yes, sir.

Yep. Each time a page tries to run a script, it asks for your permission and whether you'd like scripts to be permanently allowed (or blocked) from that page/site.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32176 posts National Team Captain
    Chrome with ad blocker is the best.

IE leaves you more exposed to attacks given that it's the most commonly used browser, attackers tend to target that browser with things.
  • WoodyDaCuak

Noscript?
    Yes, sir.

Yep. Each time a page tries to run a script, it asks for your permission and whether you'd like scripts to be permanently allowed (or blocked) from that page/site.

I sure will give it a try, thanks!