Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

I want a refund (unplayable)

Renamed123456
6198 posts Big Money Move
edited December 2019
Or my game fixed.

Too much now. Whole month my players are NOT MOVING.

The game is literally UNPLAYABLE.

My players are freezing to the spot. A ball 2 yards away from my 95 pace player? He physically is held back running slow motion on the spot and cannot reach the 2 yard ball.

The ball is holographing through my players feet.
My players are running on the spot like looney tunes characters.
My players are 50% slower than the opposing teams players.

My players simply WILL. NOT. MOVE.

Same thing FIFA 19, January came, game became literally unplayable.

Now it's happened November/december. Game has a 2-3 month life span?? Actual scam.

Guarantee get zero help regarding this issue. Never met a company that could give a crap less about its customers. Apalling.

Note: not 'asking' for a refund, saying i want one as a reflection of how this game genuinely is no longer working. Nothing to do with wins or losses. Couldn't care if i won every game. I can't move my players.

Comments

• Azof
    17616 posts World Class
    You don't use a product for months daily then just decide you want a refund.

If you have a physical copy sell it on and cut your losses, if you bought digital learn from your mistake and don't in the future
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional
    Funny, week or two ago you were saying you won 17 out of 20. If you're gonna complain, don't exaggerate. If your players hadn't 'moved' in weeks, then you'd have lost every game and wouldn't still be playing
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Contact whoever you bought the game from and ask them.
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can't see it, personally.
  • ChappellRovers
    2821 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can’t see you getting a refund to be honest, they have too many disclaimers. I would just take it down to CEX get what you can for it. Feel your pain as I have been experiencing the same - ended up buying Football Manager which I am finding massively enjoyable. There are three updates as well in a year so it is like you get 3 games (updated ratings and january transfer window).
  • Renamed123456
    GK93 wrote: »
    Funny, week or two ago you were saying you won 17 out of 20. If you're gonna complain, don't exaggerate. If your players hadn't 'moved' in weeks, then you'd have lost every game and wouldn't still be playing

Think you'll find i said after that my game has suddenly stopped working. I've been complaining for the past few weeks. Pretty much every message I've made here has been me talking about how my players dont move and the game isn't working in some capacity or otherwise.
  • Renamed123456
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Not specifically asking for a refund as such, just saying i want one. That's how bad the game isn't working.

Why does the game always "break" after several months. Happened in January for me.

This year happening around novemberish and december.

Happened midway through a game i was 4 0 up and game just seemed to completely crash. Not had a game work smoothly since. I think i had 2 that were "okayish".
  • Renamed123456

All the clowns in the thread claiming this is not broken

• Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class

Not specifically asking for a refund as such, just saying i want one. That's how bad the game isn't working.

Why does the game always "break" after several months. Happened in January for me.

Happened midway through a game i was 4 0 up and game just seemed to completely crash. Not had a game work smoothly since. I think i had 2 that were "okayish".

I don't really understand the I want 1 but am not asking 1, unless you're accepting you won't get 1 which is fair enough.
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional
    That video happens quite a bit..the hitbox was missed. What division are you in? Try and keep improving. Don’t say you can’t cause people in D1 deal with the same crap as well.
  • ILevis
    983 posts Professional

All the clowns in the thread claiming this is not broken

Congratulations, you have encountered a bug after playing a videogame for dozens, if not hundreds, of hours.
  • Renamed123456

I don't really understand the I want 1 but am not asking 1, unless you're accepting you won't get 1 which is fair enough.

If one was being offered I'd likely take it. I mainly just want the product i bouht to work as it is supposed to.
    I don't expect they'll give anyone anything. For any reason at any time.

What i find funny tho is how people like to ignore and pretend about the fact the game is completely broken for many players, and try make it about something else.
  • ILevis
    983 posts Professional

He doesnt want a refund. He will keep playing the game. All he wants is attention
  • Jpo41
    1597 posts Play-Off Hero
    They will give you a refund, when they give the community communication
  • Renamed123456
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    That video happens quite a bit..the hitbox was missed. What division are you in? Try and keep improving. Don’t say you can’t cause people in D1 deal with the same crap as well.

My players dont move. If i get in front of goal my llayer freezes to the spot. And DOES. NOT. MOVE.

My players move in slow motion. I can have players faster or same pace as opponent and guess what... my players run slower.

Run on spot.
  • Renamed123456

Show3d you evidence of game not working and you try dismiss it as nothing.

When its happening all game every game. Getting 50 bugs a game.

You know full well there is massive problems like what i described for thousands of players and hundreds of forum users, instead you wanna jump in and try to act tough.

You don't expect people to say something back at you when you come out of nowhere and insult them???
  • ILevis
    983 posts Professional

You know full well there is massive problems like what i described for thousands of players and hundreds of forum users, instead you wanna jump in and try to act tough.

You don't expect people to say something back at you when you come out of nowhere and insult them???

I didnt come in to act tough, neither did i insult you. I just pointed out the obvious: that you are looking for attention. If you werent, you wouldnt be opening 3 threads a day since 2 months with some new complaint.

Here is a crazy suggestion. If this game truly doesnt work for you, you should have contacted EA support, XBOX/PSN support and actually tried to get a refund for your game. If that doesnt work, talk to your credit card company and do a chargeback. If you have a physical copy, sell your game.

Opening another 95 threads on the EA forums where you rant about how bad the game is wont solve any of your problems
  • mway
    1774 posts Play-Off Hero
    The video he posted is just one example of multiple bugs that this game has. You don´t need to play several hours to face something like that, sometimes in the same match you have 5 or 6, the problem is that there is not a replay to watch it like that.

This game has no physics. It´s just a bunch of calculations, sometimes really weird, that do not care about feet, legs, heads, hands or bodies. This is like you were playing COD or Battlefield, and even when you are behind a wall you are killed by a bullet because the game calculated its trajectory when it was shot. This is how this game works.

Check out the rebounds. They are predefined. Instead of the player searching for the ball, the ball searches the player. How many times did you see a loose ball in the area that you have to go for it after a rebound?

Also, check out the goal kicks. They are also predefined if you play a long pass. You can´t move forward. The game does not allow you to fight for the position and win the header. The fact that they nerfed headers with just a slider describes the lack of physics of this game.

Of course, there will be no refund, but this game ... My god. I remember that No Man Sky was destroyed by the community after so many lies. Here we have a game where you barely can score a header with CR7 and balls go through the players' bodies and everything seems to be ok.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    ILevis wrote: »

I didnt come in to act tough, neither did i insult you. I just pointed out the obvious: that you are looking for attention. If you werent, you wouldnt be opening 3 threads a day since 2 months with some new complaint.

Here is a crazy suggestion. If this game truly doesnt work for you, you should have contacted EA support, XBOX/PSN support and actually tried to get a refund for your game. If that doesnt work, talk to your credit card company and do a chargeback. If you have a physical copy, sell your game.

Opening another 95 threads on the EA forums where you rant about how bad the game is wont solve any of your problems

I think this is the main issue with threads like this, a lot of people don't just consider the game unfit for purpose and give up on it. If it was bad enough every single day to make you create several complaint threads there surely is a point you give up on it and move on with your life.
  • Renamed123456

I didnt come in to act tough, neither did i insult you.

Yes you did. You know exactly when and how you did. Don't start backtracking now and further showing how dishonest you are.

on the EA forums where you rant about how bad the game is wont solve any of your problems

On the EA forums. About an EA game. On the EA forums designed for problems with the EA game. Where the EA Help team send you when you have problems. Where other users of this EA game are having the same problems. On the EA forum where they have EA community managers who apprently feed back about the problems of the EA game to the EA team, to work on fixing those problems.

You're right, the EA FIFA FUT forums is definitely the incorrect place to bring up issues about EA FIFA Ultimate Team gameplay/experience.
  • Renamed123456
    mway wrote: »
    The video he posted is just one example of multiple bugs that this game has. You don´t need to play several hours to face something like that, sometimes in the same match you have 5 or 6, the problem is that there is not a replay to watch it like that.

This game has no physics. It´s just a bunch of calculations, sometimes really weird, that do not care about feet, legs, heads, hands or bodies. This is like you were playing COD or Battlefield, and even when you are behind a wall you are killed by a bullet because the game calculated its trajectory when it was shot. This is how this game works.

Check out the rebounds. They are predefined. Instead of the player searching for the ball, the ball searches the player. How many times did you see a loose ball in the area that you have to go for it after a rebound?

Also, check out the goal kicks. They are also predefined if you play a long pass. You can´t move forward. The game does not allow you to fight for the position and win the header. The fact that they nerfed headers with just a slider describes the lack of physics of this game.

Of course, there will be no refund, but this game ... My god. I remember that No Man Sky was destroyed by the community after so many lies. Here we have a game where you barely can score a header with CR7 and balls go through the players' bodies and everything seems to be ok.

Thankyou.
  • Renamed123456

I think this is the main issue with threads like this, a lot of people don't just consider the game unfit for purpose and give up on it. If it was bad enough every single day to make you create several complaint threads there surely is a point you give up on it and move on with your life.

The reason i don't just give up on it.

If you bought a phone, a car, whatever, and it suddenly didnt work. You wouldn't complain through the official channels?? You wouldn't ask for it to be fixed???

I bought this game because i want to play it. And when it works it *can* be fun.

So you turn on the game from day to day to attempt to play it. Maybe one day it works.

The reason I'm posting threads like this is because i want the game to work, because i want to play it. And i am literally on the edge of being done with the title for good. I almost didn't buy it this year. I didn't buy it until a few weeks in because i had a 300k team before owning it. At this rate I'm never buying it again.

I don't know why certain types here want to feign ingnorance to such things with pseudo-intellectual mocking posts, when they full know well why and what someome is saying.
  • RadioShaq
    15581 posts Moderator
    If you want a refund best thing to do would contact who you bought it from. If you haven’t already you can go to the bug report and technical issues forum on ea answers and report the bug you found.
  • Renamed123456
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you want a refund best thing to do would contact who you bought it from. If you haven’t already you can go to the bug report and technical issues forum on ea answers and report the bug you found.

Thanks, Shaq.

Not sure if i can get one from where i bought it. As they deal with just the physical product i imagine.

I'm pretty sure this product is supposed to work for longer than a few months??
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class

Thanks, Shaq.

Not sure if i can get one from where i bought it. As they deal with just the physical product i imagine.

Emmmmmm I did say this right at the start of the thread
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional

Think you'll find i said after that my game has suddenly stopped working. I've been complaining for the past few weeks. Pretty much every message I've made here has been me talking about how my players dont move and the game isn't working in some capacity or otherwise.

'think you'll find' you said your players haven't been moving for a month.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/523519/players-becoming-slow/p1

If you'd like to take a glance through there you'll find your comment from 10 days ago stating you'd won 17 out of 20. Yes the game is broken, but exaggerating for attention and continuing to play the game, despite how much you seem to have issues with how it affects you, is your own fault
  • Renamed123456

Thanks, Shaq.

That the game shouldn't stop working after a few months or about reporting at answers ??
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class

Thanks, Shaq.

That the game shouldn't stop working after a few months or about reporting at answers ??

About how to get a refund, yet someone else gives the same answer and you're fine with that. You seem to only want a particular answer to your questions and only from certain people.

Why don't you just put that next thread, why did this happen but only give this answer that I deem acceptable. Also could x, y and z not respond as I don't consider them saying it satisfactory.
  • Renamed123456

'think you'll find' you said your players haven't been moving for a month.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/523519/players-becoming-slow/p1

If you'd like to take a glance through there you'll find your comment from 10 days ago stating you'd won 17 out of 20. Yes the game is broken, but exaggerating for attention and continuing to play the game, despite how much you seem to have issues with how it affects you, is your own fault

I'm not exaggerating and none of that contradicts what I'm saying.

I went on a run from the bottom of div 6 into div 4. Or to the top of div 5. (Can't remember which this one referring to as i had both. Which followed similar run patterns)

I had lost like 10 or something games going to almost div 7, then had really good gameplay and was winning every thing. I remember watching my w:d:l record because my friend had mentioned it.
    During one of those runs i remember a few draws and a few losses. But very minimal.

Even during i think going to div 4 i had horrendousss gameplay. Players barely moving. Running slow. But i managed to scrape through it. But it's getting worse by worse day by day for a month or such. To the point now where it is literally describable as ubplayable.

Still not receiving any kind of response as to what is causing my players not to move, stick to the spot, run on spot.
  • Slitsomtype
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wow, this game is terrible now. It was bad before, but its unplayable now.
This discussion has been closed.