The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

EA and the Cyberbullying

Moe_86
1210 posts Professional
hope everyone doing well.
A small talk, about celebration and how much it’s involved in Cyberbullying . I would like to read your comments about it , because the game or the actual gambling game (fifa 20) is crossing a lot of lines , most common of them is Cyberbullying and under age gambling .
My opinion, EA should stop loot boxes system also celebration should be shorter and more respectful . The game is broken already but since at my age it’s the only entertainment on ps4 , I would like to play in more respectful game . So please guys it is just a chat , you don’t have to troll or to be an English teacher.

Comments

• I have encountered several team names that should have been addressed by EA, yet these people still get away with it. It's a serious subject... And that just the team names. The thing goes beyond that...
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    I have encountered several team names that should have been addressed by EA, yet these people still get away with it. It's a serious subject... And that just the team names. The thing goes beyond that...

They have made it quite easy for you to report these now.
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    I have encountered several team names that should have been addressed by EA, yet these people still get away with it. It's a serious subject... And that just the team names. The thing goes beyond that...

I didn’t heard anyone got in trouble for someone reported them
  • Kamilflage
    5990 posts Big Money Move
    The gambling I completely agree....should be regulated properly and EA should have to adhere to the appropriate laws concerning gambling.

As for the 'cyber bullying', just be a man. People do it to trigger you. If you get triggered, you automatically lose the battle. The problem is not the trolls, they have always been around. The problem is the world now is too damn soft.
  • AlexBear012
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyberbulling? Uh?
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional

Online gaming become more out of control, people abuse the freedom of this virtual world, if the big companies such as EA , didn’t get involve in stopping this, law enforcement will start to put there hands on gaming. But unfortunately video games companies actually in indirect way, make all these behaviors more easily to practice
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Moe_86 wrote: »

How would you hear it? People do get in trouble but most are not on here.
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    The gambling I completely agree....should be regulated properly and EA should have to adhere to the appropriate laws concerning gambling.

As for the 'cyber bullying', just be a man. People do it to trigger you. If you get triggered, you automatically lose the battle. The problem is not the trolls, they have always been around. The problem is the world now is too damn soft.

So do you think a celebration like shushing is not triggering bad emotions, since you know the game play is horrible already and stressful.
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying
    Go to this link , maybe you can learn more about cyberbullying and TROLLING and how much are bad for kids
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional

How would you hear it? People do get in trouble but most are not on here.

I am almost every day in this forum , no one said anything about it ,Even on Reddit
  • Kamilflage

So do you think a celebration like shushing is not triggering bad emotions, since you know the game play is horrible already and stressful.

The world is filled a lot worse things then being shushed on Fifa...
    Why does everyone need a shoulder to cry on for every little thing? Just ignore it
  • Gav037
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agreed on the gambling part of your statement.

But “cyber bulling”? Really? It’s is just a celebration. If you find it to stressful just stop playing.

There are things that are far more important in life that will be much more stressful and “unfair” so eventually you will see that complaining about a celebration in a videogame is childish.
  • AlexBear012
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Go to this link , maybe you can learn more about cyberbullying and TROLLING and how much are bad for kids

No i mean, whats considered cyberbulling on Fifa?
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    edited December 2019

The world is filled a lot worse things then being shushed on Fifa...
    Why does everyone need a shoulder to cry on for every little thing? Just ignore it

I totally understand what you are saying, shushing celebration is not the reason for world crisis .but at least , make the celebration shorter and more respectful.
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Insulting celebration, offensive team names , stupid messages from random person in your inbox.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Insulting celebration, offensive team names , stupid messages from random person in your inbox.

Insulting celebrations isn't cyberbullying and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Offensive team names are stupid and you should report them. The messages are easily countered by telling them you love them.
  • Kamilflage
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Here's what I did:
    1) disable incoming messages from non friends
    2) if an opponent is doing a long celebration and taking forever to press A, make a habit to do something during that time. I always have my phone on me, so I just go on whatsapp or the forums or something
  • Snugglebites
    1478 posts Professional
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

What celebration is insulting?
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Insulting celebrations isn't cyberbullying and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Offensive team names are stupid and you should report them. The messages are easily countered by telling them you love them.
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Here's what I did:
    1) disable incoming messages from non friends
    2) if an opponent is doing a long celebration and taking forever to press A, make a habit to do something during that time. I always have my phone on me, so I just go on whatsapp or the forums or something

Guys , I agree with both of you , these are a good solution for the issue . But why the issue is existing
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

From dabbing to shushing.
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    Maybe, I'm looking at all wrong; but if we are raising a generation that needs to be protected from an in game celebration, I think we are in trouble.

Big trouble.
  • Gav037
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

I wouldn’t call them insulting celebrations, you just don’t like them or you care to much about them.

Team names? Again, you are just over thinking. You can report them if you it makes you feel better. Is almost impossible to prevent people from doing this.

Random messages? There is an option not to receive messages from people not in your friend list and problem solved.

Try not to care so much about things out of your control and you won’t stress about meaningless things.
  • Snugglebites
    1478 posts Professional
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

What's insulting about them?
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Shushing is not insulting???!!!
  • WarrenBarton
    9877 posts League Winner
    A game lasts max 25 mins, I’m not sure that any behaviour that is possible on virtual football pitch could be construed as bullying.

Messages after maybe?, but just block the guy if he’s being a prat

• Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    Maybe, I'm looking at all wrong; but if we are raising a generation that needs to be protected from an in game celebration, I think we are in trouble.

Big trouble.

Will if you have kids , you will protect them from air . Just saying
  • Gav037
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

No, because it is just a game
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up
    You mean the cyber robbery?
  • Snugglebites
    1478 posts Professional
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

Do you actually think putting your finger on your lips is insulting? Dabbing is just headbutting your arm.
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    Gav037 wrote: »
    Cyberbulling? Uh?

No, because it is just a game

In real life , each person process things deferent than the others . For me I get insulted, for you it is not