Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Too many special cards

Mmandras
2974 posts National Call-Up
edited December 2019
So I've counted 36 special cards, not including UCL and few low rated IF cards. That is way to many, we are only at the 1/3 of the season, and cards will only get better. I also have only one Futchamps card, not being great WL player and recycling a few in the Futmass SBCs.

First owner objectives are almost non issue, and we all made such a big fuss about it. Apart from a few days needed to complete icon swaps, first owners are not needed for any card objective at all... Do we really need all of those?

And even if we make 2 untreadable teams to rotate them there's no way we can fit them all in. So here are mine, from highest to lowest rated. EA cunningly made most of those lower rated so you cannot recycle them for future high rated SBCs.

The irony is, I was convinced I successfully avoided the trap of doing every flashback or POTM SBC...

Prime Figo
Baby Roberto Carlos
Baby Crespo
Futmass De Gea
TOTGS Benzema
Scream Ozil
Scream Dzeko
Storyline Politano
Scream Giovinco
Futmass Acuna
POTM Vardy
RTTF Corona
TOTGS Tagliafico
POTM Toco Ekambi
Flashback Walcott
TOTGS Cuadrado
Storyline Trossard
Storyline Tolisso
Futchamps Doucoure
OTW Promes
League SBC Jonathan
Futmass Murillo
Futmass Gbamin
Futmass Roussilon
RTTF Mbabu
RTTF Bolasie
UCL Live Konate
Player Moments King
POTM Osimhen
OTW Lozano
OTW Sanchez
RTTF Kent
OTW Ndombele
Futmass Delph
RTTF Gedson Fernandes
Europa TOTT Morelos

Comments

• YB_11_
    348 posts Sunday League Hero
    There is nothing special about them, but indeed there are to many..
  • There are so many that you'd think it would add variation to peoples teams.
    Unfortunately I seem to play the same team over and over.

I enjoy the various special cards personally.
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Mmandras wrote: »
    So I've counted 36 special cards, not including UCL and few low rated IF cards. That is way to many, we are only at the 1/3 of the season, and cards will only get better. I also have only one Futchamps card, not being great WL player and recycling a few in the Futmass SBCs.

First owner objectives are almost non issue, and we all made such a big fuss about it. Apart from a few days needed to complete icon swaps, first owners are not needed for any card objective at all... Do we really need all of those?

And even if we make 2 untreadable teams to rotate them there's no way we can fit them all in. So here are mine, from highest to lowest rated. EA cunningly made most of those lower rated so you cannot recycle them for future high rated SBCs.

The irony is, I was convinced I successfully avoided the trap of doing every flashback or POTM SBC...

Prime Figo
    Baby Roberto Carlos
    Baby Crespo
    Futmass De Gea
    TOTGS Benzema
    Scream Ozil
    Scream Dzeko
    Storyline Politano
    Scream Giovinco
    Futmass Acuna
    POTM Vardy
    RTTF Corona
    TOTGS Tagliafico
    POTM Toco Ekambi
    Flashback Walcott
    TOTGS Cuadrado
    Storyline Trossard
    Storyline Tolisso
    Futchamps Doucoure
    OTW Promes
    League SBC Jonathan
    Futmass Murillo
    Futmass Gbamin
    Futmass Roussilon
    RTTF Mbabu
    RTTF Bolasie
    UCL Live Konate
    Player Moments King
    POTM Osimhen
    OTW Lozano
    OTW Sanchez
    RTTF Kent
    OTW Ndombele
    Futmass Delph
    RTTF Gedson Fernandes
    Europa TOTT Morelos

🤣 you avoided them?
  • DIXON THFC
    3118 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    I dont think extra content is ever an issue, if you want to do it, do it. If you dont, dont.

This whole coin sink thing as well, for me I'd rather use a player that's unique even if it's for 50/100/150 games until the next option becomes available.

I never regret SBCs anymore.

I do respect what you are saying to a degree but personally, the fact its optional doesnt make it an issue.

Edit: Nice collection btw ;)
  • DannySTFC
    2791 posts Fans' Favourite
    People say there’s too many special cards then when EA don’t drop any content for a day or two the forum goes into meltdown, can’t win.
  • rankon.
    2233 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    People say there’s too many special cards then when EA don’t drop any content for a day or two the forum goes into meltdown, can’t win.

Literally this
  • LiamSully
    6843 posts Big Money Move
    I’m happy they’re offering quite a few players though objectives, I’ve done all so far
    But it has made me limit my SBC addiction to just a few that seem “worth” it, when in previous years I’ve done nearly all SBCs

It seems EAs ideas for SBCs have def gone from giving us good/usable players to a way to drain coins and control the market, since they started a few years back
  • OZero
    6243 posts Big Money Move
    The problem is a lot of them aren’t rlly useful or worth to be special. Especially the IF this year. The upgrade is so minimal that you may as well just use NIF ver.
  • CaptainDan-
    1854 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like having all the special cards personally
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    It is utterly ridiculous and shows how inventive E.A are when it comes to finding ways to control the market.

I also feel they went way overboard with the way they rate players, and now they have nowhere left to go.

Unless they introduce a 100 rated card, or wipe the slate clean next year, they will find it increasingly difficult to generate interesting top tier cards.

They should have made something like a 91 the absolute pinnacle.

Pele and Fat Ron should be the only cards able to get that 90+ rating.

Instead, they've upped the ante in a short sighted way and they can't really go anywhere.

I'd take 10 off all current ratings, resetting everyone, and make a 90 almost impossible for a player, icon or current, to achieve.

I mean, if someone has 98 pace what does that really mean?

Is 100 the fastest human being alive?

Would Usain Bolt be a 99?

Or is it based on all current players in the game and their speed?

Has E.A timed every player in the game over 100 metres with a ball at their feet?

What about icons?

Where do they gather that data?

The truth is, they don't gather any.

They give a rough mark out of 100 and that's it.

In that instance, I fail to see how anyone can be rated 98.

They should be closer to 88, and 98 should be professional sprinter levels of speed if the rating has any real world relevance to the actual player it is meant to be representing.

Scrap it all, and start over for 21.

Then, you can bring ratings between 90 to 99 back in play and have them reserved for only the absolute world greatest, the most elite players, who even then would struggle to break into the low 90s.

Do that, and use much more sophisticated data, and ratings might actually mean something.

• Mmandras
    I get what you're saying, they're optional but at this point we have to be concerned where we are putting coins at, no matter how tasty SBC looks like. The argument "but it will be useful for first owner" is silly, because once icon swaps are over, and they are over quickly, you might not need them. Hyperproduction of content has made EA rich, no doubt. On the other hand holding on to coins is just plain silly.

I play with Acuna, Bolasie and Corrona this WL and I've played many games with lots of cards from the list, so to me at least, I tend to use those cards... Hate the idea to use them just as fodder. Unfortunately I didn't get to play enough with Giovinco and Osimhen (forgot to add Ox on the list so it's 37).

Anyway, it's kind of awesome and annoying at the same time.
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, they're optional but at this point we have to be concerned where we are putting coins at, no matter how tasty SBC looks like. The argument "but it will be useful for first owner" is silly, because once icon swaps are over, and they are over quickly, you might not need them. Hyperproduction of content has made EA rich, no doubt. On the other hand holding on to coins is just plain silly.

I play with Acuna, Bolasie and Corrona this WL and I've played many games with lots of cards from the list, so to me at least, I tend to use those cards... Hate the idea to use them just as fodder. Unfortunately I didn't get to play enough with Giovinco and Osimhen (forgot to add Ox on the list so it's 37).

Anyway, it's kind of awesome and annoying at the same time.

Is Acuna as solid as his stats suggest?

Same with Bolasie?
  • Mmandras
    Bolasie not so much, if you can't play him on ST, there are better and more versatile wingers out there. But who knows with possible upgrades.

Acuna is everywhere with high/high, great at both defending and going forward, I think he didn't miss both times he had a shot on goal. If you can play him on 10 chem, I recommend doing it. He's kind of OP at this stage.

• ChappellRovers
    2810 posts Fans' Favourite
    I get what your saying. Including his standard and UCL cards there have been 6 different versions of Kane - IF, SIF, TOTGS and TOTYN. It would have been better to have other players get special cards. It is the repetition of the same 30-40 players that makes me irritated.
  • Mc_chigby
    1059 posts Professional
    Some people like to play with more than 1 squad you know. Not everyone funnels all resources into playing one way either. I have 4 squads myself and enjoy chopping and changing. More special cards the better
  • IxToMxI
    6856 posts League Winner
    I get what your saying. Including his standard and UCL cards there have been 6 different versions of Kane - IF, SIF, TOTGS and TOTYN. It would have been better to have other players get special cards. It is the repetition of the same 30-40 players that makes me irritated.

I guess it’s EA’s fault then that Harry Kane plays for a premier league side in the champions league and won’t stop scoring multiple goals in multiple competitions
  • ChappellRovers
    2810 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    IxToMxI wrote: »

I guess it’s EA’s fault then that Harry Kane plays for a premier league side in the champions league and won’t stop scoring multiple goals in multiple competitions

Hahahaha still laughing over that comedy gold. Kane received his two IF’s for playing in England games which I watch. He scored a penalty in a 2-1 loss against the Czech Republic yet he gets an in form. Yeah mate he is doing fantastic. Whereas the sub silver Czech player who scored the winner 3 mins into his debut gets ignored 😂😂. Scores 3 goals against a Bulgarian team more than 80 places lower in the rankings than England and gets an SIF, whereas that same game Barkley got two goals and two assists and got ignored. Sterling did well through constant monkey chants but gets ignored. Mings did well on his debut through monkey chants but gets ignored. Yeah it isn’t EA’s fault hes playing so well against bottom tier opposition 😂😂