The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Minimum/recommended internet requirements??

Renamed123456
6198 posts Big Money Move

Does EA have any kind of recommended or minimum requirememts for what they believe to be suitable to play the game without any noticeable or problematic connection related problems???

Obviously i understand xyz doesn't guarantee good connection, but surely there must be some sort of acknowledged standards for what should result in a playable experience??

Comments

• CarpeDiem
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    512kbps is the minimum requirement for the PC version.
  • CarlF
    692 posts Semi-Pro

Does EA have any kind of recommended or minimum requirememts for what they believe to be suitable to play the game without any noticeable or problematic connection related problems???

Obviously i understand xyz doesn't guarantee good connection, but surely there must be some sort of acknowledged standards for what should result in a playable experience??

Play a different game if you expect a playable experience.
  • TheBenson
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    I play using dial up, none of this high speed fiber and my game play and connection is perfect.
  • JayyThunder
    4738 posts Big Money Move
    There is none. The worse your internet the better the gameplay
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Speed means nothing, it's all about how stable the connection is, as well as having low Ping
  • Pooter
    4299 posts National Call-Up
    There is none. The worse your internet the better the gameplay

I’ve had good play with my good internet connection
  • Renamed123456
    Fletch wrote: »
    Speed means nothing, it's all about how stable the connection is, as well as having low Ping

So what sort of ping is ideal and acceptable?

Has EA ever stated any specifics?
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up

No but having under 10 is ideal in general, obviously the lower the better. 20 is acceptable, but once you start getting high you will experience issues.
  • Renamed123456

No but having under 10 is ideal in general, obviously the lower the better. 20 is acceptable, but once you start getting high you will experience issues.

Mine is generally around 20-24 and have unplayable gameplay.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14834 posts World Class

I was reading before that anything under 60ms is considered good for gaming. In other games where it shows the ping and packet loss I've never had my ping above around 25-30ms with no packet loss at all and the ping averages around 15ms. I've never experienced any issue with any of these games.

I also play on a 1ms response monitor and a wired connection. My connection is very stable yet with Fifa its horrendous the majority of the time.
  • Renamed123456

I was reading before that anything under 60ms is considered good for gaming. In other games where it shows the ping and packet loss I've never had my ping above around 25-30ms with no packet loss at all and the ping averages around 15ms. I've never experienced any issue with any of these games.

I also play on a 1ms response monitor and a wired connection. My connection is very stable yet with Fifa its horrendous the majority of the time.

• Any one using a static IP connection? If so how is the game play?
  • Daddy
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    I play on pc, one game of fifa uses 4-5 mb of data, so 1 mbps is more than enough for avoiding lag spikes, what will matter more is your ping to the server which depends on your distance from the server and the routing which your isp does.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15922 posts World Class
    Your Internet speed does not matter.
  • TheBenson
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Your Internet speed does not matter.

Comparing how good your are based on your wins doesn't matter either.