Comments

• BeefyRabouter
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone with half a brain would know lower latency to servers matters right?
  • OZero
    7503 posts League Winner
    Yea I remember that as well...
  • lewspaz
    1413 posts Play-Off Hero
    Where is the server location?
  • DafuqJustHappen
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Antiseen wrote: »
    I remember getting warnings in this forum for saying that Germans and Holland players has advantage in gameplay due to living close to servers. Now they pretty much admit it. CLOWNS 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Because that's simply not true.
    London has servers* too, and Dublin as-well, together with a few other EU capitols.

*Technical explanation is that AWS has AWS regions available in those cities, but EA needs to provision their servers in those regions. So it's still up to EA how they setup their infrastructure.

Regardless, living close to the server doesn't matter so much, when the servers themselves are crap (due to EA Sports employing crap developers, and even crappier architects). I've got sub 50ms ping to Frankfurt and London servers, and yet sometimes 3 seconds delay in game.
    I reiterate, I've played many Battlefields with 32-64 players with no issues, but I can't get a good game with only 2 players in Fifa??? That's crass developer incompetence.
  • Huh?

They even said that the data center nearest to you might not be the one with the best connection :joy:
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Can we get a server location map?
  • DafuqJustHappen
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    Huh?

They even said that the data center nearest to you might not be the one with the best connection :joy:

To me it sounds like they're downplaying the issues. Typical corporate bulllshit.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Can we get a server location map?

Ireland, France, Netherlands and Germany.
  • Endlesswar1985
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Oh wow i must be terrible in this game then. I live in the netherlands and this game is unplayable
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    Huh?

"Sometimes the data center that’s closest to you isn’t the one that’s going to give you the best experience. This is because some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) don’t always move data directly from point A to point B."

If you live near a data center, you're at fault if your connection is terrible. That was taken from the latest Pitch Notes, btw, you can check that out yourself.

People who live far from data centers don't really have a choice, no matter how optimized their connection is. That's the problem here, that some players have an advantage which stems solely from their geographical location.

That isn't very fair, is it?
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Huh?

"Sometimes the data center that’s closest to you isn’t the one that’s going to give you the best experience. This is because some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) don’t always move data directly from point A to point B."

If you live near a data center, you're at fault if your connection is terrible. That was taken from the latest Pitch Notes, btw, you can check that out yourself.

People who live far from data centers don't really have a choice, no matter how optimized their connection is. That's the problem here, that some players have an advantage which stems solely from their geographical location.

No it is not, but what is interesting is that there does not seem to be a good correlation to any of the typical factors affecting connection. Often in a game, closer = faster, but you have people on here, and I agree with them, that closer = worse because that connection is "compensated" for to the worst connection of the two players. However, you can find people close to servers that also have bad game play. In short, the typical "physics governing game connections" has been screwed with some how, and no one is quite sure how. Apparently, including EA.
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Huh?

No it is not, but what is interesting is that there does not seem to be a good correlation to any of the typical factors affecting connection. Often in a game, closer = faster, but you have people on here, and I agree with them, that closer = worse because that connection is "compensated" for to the worst connection of the two players. However, you can find people close to servers that also have bad game play. In short, the typical "physics governing game connections" has been screwed with some how, and no one is quite sure how. Apparently, including EA.

That's explained by the bolded sentence in my first comment.

Once again, I am aware that not all is perfect for those who live close to data centers, but there are definitely players who have an edge over their opponents due to their location.

Granted, it'd be incredibly difficult to make the playing field level for everyone, but I'm of the opinion that EA should be proactive and do their best to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed. You can't ask for more than that, and most aren't, paying customers just want to see the product they invest so much time, effort and money on improve.

It's definitely possible, and everyone should keep pushing for it.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Huh?

That's explained by the bolded sentence in my first comment.

Once again, I am aware that not all is perfect for those who live close to data centers, but there are definitely players who have an edge over their opponents due to their location.

Granted, it'd be incredibly difficult to make the playing field level for everyone, but I'm of the opinion that EA should be proactive and do their best to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the the way it was meant to be enjoyed. You can't ask for more than that, and most aren't, paying customers just want to see the product they invest so much time, effort and money on improve.

It's definitely possible, and everyone should keep pushing for it.

No argument from me.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7688 posts League Winner
    It was plainly obvious to me. Connected through Kansas City in fifa 19. Good connection almost all the time. Now I connect through North Carolina and it’s a flaming grease fire.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    It is a joke there arent more than 15 data centers and that you can connect to one further away. Even wreckfest does it better.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Antiseen wrote: »

Are these the clowns that told everyone “no league sbc in fifa 20”?
  • graff26lfc
    812 posts Professional
    What no way that's it ea you owe everyone 500000 fifa points minimum 😊