The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Honestly, just play in the division you’re meant to be in

MeeseeksandDestroy
205 posts Sunday League Hero
This is beyond pathetic.

Comments

• Jrmcsorley85
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    if a come up against guy who is obv not a divsion 9 player, where i am, aa i am shish, i just quit and go again.
  • OZero
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Well I saw some elite players in D7 and also some silverback players in D3. Division is meaningless
  • Malg
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ita just ridiculous, playing players in division 9 that are clearly not from there, EA newd ro do something about it.
  • SYMMO19
    1205 posts Professional
    Issue is even people like me who try and do the objectives legit end up lower than they should be. I'm a division 2 player but now just been relegated to 4 trying to get lobbed through ball assists. Blame EA for continually putting objectives in rivals despite the negativity and frustration it's causing.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1283 posts Professional
    Ya'll could have faced me... I was in div 9 at the start of the week. Went up to div7 and now down in 8 again.

I either win big or lose big... So to those that lose i look way out of their league.. But the way i play is not suitable for divisions higher than 8..

I want my gameplay and my goals to look awsome.
    So sometimes, you will come up against a squad like mine, with 4 icons and worth maybe 5 mil..
    And really, i am where i belong 😂
  • nickmack
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Last year I've been D4-5 in rivals and Gold in WL.

This year I'm floating between D7-9. I've never thrown a game

I have a much better team than I've ever had at this stage of the game and it's a struggle to climb divisions.
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    Yep it is absolutely ridiculous, they remind me of insecure school bullies that pick on people Three years younger than them.

They watch all the replays, beat you 5 0 then send a message telling you how bad you are.

Sad truth is they cannot hack it in their own division, as are too immature to be able to cope with losing to their peers.

I enjoyed the last couple of weeks and was gradually rising up through a few divisions, then along came these Futmas objectives and all the vermin came out to play. Will be even worse once the icon swaps start up again
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Divisions are totally meaningless in Rivals. Literally because of objectives. So stupid.
  • SuperKMx
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    lippyone wrote: »
    I enjoyed the last couple of weeks and was gradually rising up through a few divisions, then along came these Futmas objectives and all the vermin came out to play. Will be even worse once the icon swaps start up again

Had the opposite experience, here. I got placed in D7 after winning 3 out of 5 of the placement matches (makes sense!) and got up to D6.

Trossard objectives dropped and I couldn't so much as buy two wins in a row. I was always facing someone much, much worse or much, much better than me. Hung on on D6.

Futmas objectives dropped and since Friday, I've gone up to D5 and am only two or three games away from D4. I'm still losing some, but every match seems pretty fair. I can't explain it, but I'll take it. :smile:
  • GoodnightIrene
    3745 posts National Call-Up
    But I want to do objectives quick and easy, sorry chief!
  • MeeseeksandDestroy
    205 posts Sunday League Hero

You’re a bad person.

• TheTataGuy
    2867 posts National Call-Up
    Okay
  • GoodnightIrene
    3745 posts National Call-Up

You’re a bad person.
    Subjectivity is a beautiful thing aye x
  • Pooter
    4245 posts National Call-Up
    lippyone wrote: »
    Yep it is absolutely ridiculous, they remind me of insecure school bullies that pick on people Three years younger than them.

They watch all the replays, beat you 5 0 then send a message telling you how bad you are.

Sad truth is they cannot hack it in their own division, as are too immature to be able to cope with losing to their peers.

Just report them for harrasment
  • Pooter
    This is why people should stop playing rivals, I have myself. Then let the pros face each other in the lower divisions

Not worth the hassle, because EA are doing nothing about it
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone I play in division 4\5 tries really hard to win, I've not come across anyone trying to lose or get relegated.

I think it only happens with the first week or two of Icon swaps, it's not as bad as everyone makes out.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    div 5 is a sweatfest, like it feels harder than what div 1 was last year tbh. Like I was a div 1 player last year and this year with a 15m team I’m struggling. Some of these guys should not be in div 5
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Everyone I play in division 4\5 tries really hard to win, I've not come across anyone trying to lose or get relegated.

I think it only happens with the first week or two of Icon swaps, it's not as bad as everyone makes out.

Not true. It happened 3 times today for me today. Guy gets in, scores own goal and quits.
  • snejke
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m div 1. Dropped for icon swaps. Back in 1 now. Its impossible to do objectives there
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    I find div 5 to be sweetspot for objective vs reward. Maybe a little bit harder sometimes, but it's managable since I've completed all of the cards (not including that one thing I dropped for Politano, most were done in div 5 at around 1000 sp).

But in all honesty, who are we to tell other people how to play. They can drop as much as they want if they value objective cards or their time more than rival rewards.

Close up camera celebration for some crappy rebound is MUCH more rude and 90% of players are doing it, and I don't see 10 topic every day about shaming such kind of unsportsmanship.
  • Pooter

I faced someone from the global series in Div 9, shows your theory to be wrong
  • Bapinho
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nah im good in div 8 bro; icon swaps 2 is coming so i already went down. Came in handy with the futmas objectives players too :) Easy games.
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up
    Pooter wrote: »

Crazy, I find the games so random, sometimes a really good player and sometimes a awful player. I sometimes wonder if you play people in different divisions anyway.
  • Jimmyb83
    1153 posts Professional
    I'm about a Div 3 player on average. I used to think the same as you were I'd stay in my div and complete the rivals objectives.

Even though I fielded a team that was obviously used for objectives, the players I came up against where absolute scum. Shhhhing, dabbing, watching replays and holding the ball. Until they tier the requirements for rival divs, I'm just going to stay in Div 9.

Say the objective was to score x amount of goals they could tier it depending on what div you're in, so Div 10-7= 15 goals, Div 6-3= 10 goals and Div 2-1= 5 goals.
  • OZero
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I find div 5 to be sweetspot for objective vs reward. Maybe a little bit harder sometimes, but it's managable since I've completed all of the cards (not including that one thing I dropped for Politano, most were done in div 5 at around 1000 sp).

But in all honesty, who are we to tell other people how to play. They can drop as much as they want if they value objective cards or their time more than rival rewards.

Close up camera celebration for some crappy rebound is MUCH more rude and 90% of players are doing it, and I don't see 10 topic every day about shaming such kind of unsportsmanship.

I remember someone posts sth like how to wind up opponents in order to have advantage in WL

And got a few positive responses from others

Just to illustrate how low the community is
  • Pooter
    Pooter wrote: »

Crazy, I find the games so random, sometimes a really good player and sometimes a awful player. I sometimes wonder if you play people in different divisions anyway.

I don’t know about awful players, but I feel some are letting me win, then some will quit upon me scoring first or second goal, just so better players can beat me. Its weird, so not worth my efforts in Rivals. That’s why I feel this will be my last version of FIFA. £90 down the drain because pros find it sweaty even in div 5
  • Dannyh328
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was in div 4 before futswaps 1 now i dont even know what it looks like above div 8 😂😂😂😂
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    @EA_Roger You really should do something about this.

On Apex you cant go backwards.
  • Ya'll could have faced me... I was in div 9 at the start of the week. Went up to div7 and now down in 8 again.

I either win big or lose big... So to those that lose i look way out of their league.. But the way i play is not suitable for divisions higher than 8..

I want my gameplay and my goals to look awsome.
    So sometimes, you will come up against a squad like mine, with 4 icons and worth maybe 5 mil..
    And really, i am where i belong 😂

Haha you do you lad
  • d3b4s1s
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looks like this time the degenerate cowards have already relegated themselves to lowest possible divisions ahead of the icon swap objectives