The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Anyone use 41212??

Renamed123456
6198 posts Big Money Move

I really like the final third play, but feels absolutely horrendous to build up with due to having only 2 players in central midfield playing vertically from one another.

Any good alternatives??

I really like having that 2 ST and the CAM but don't really want to be playing 352.

Any good similar alternatives??

How do you build up with this grim formation??

Comments

• purplegoldfish
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ive always played with a 4-1-2-1-2 just because I create so much more on the offensive side. You could have your outside mids tuck in to give some more midfield relief?
  • Renamed123456
    Ive always played with a 4-1-2-1-2 just because I create so much more on the offensive side. You could have your outside mids tuck in to give some more midfield relief?

I dunno. I feel if i have them tuck in i may aswell play 41212(2).

I find the passing operates weird in the (2) and I'd definitely have to attack with my fullbacks.

Wish football had an extra player. 4232 would be great 😅
  • Wooly1203
    2681 posts National Call-Up
    I’m in the same boat. Love 41212 because I enjoy all the opportunities it creates, but I’m not as solid defensively. I’ve been playing it for the majority of my years of FIFA (minus the years when you had to pay an arm and a leg for the 41212 formation cards). So far, 433(4) has been the next most enjoyable formation for me, but I’m thinking of going back to 41212 because I just can’t get the same attack going with any other formation. It’s a real dilemma for me.
  • djvkool43
    736 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I found that 4132 is better, it is basically almost identical to 41212(2), but with CM instead of CAM
  • purplegoldfish
    413 posts Sunday League Hero

I dunno. I feel if i have them tuck in i may aswell play 41212(2).

I find the passing operates weird in the (2) and I'd definitely have to attack with my fullbacks.

Wish football had an extra player. 4232 would be great 😅

Very valid haha, I only have issues like 1 outta 8 games when it seems like you you get control of the ball and you have to play slow build because your strikers are on an island.

• Pranav
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    I recommend 41212(2) with attacking full backs on the Dpad. It’s my go to all out attack formation and if your good defensively unlike me you could use it whole game. I only use it in rivals cause idc if I lose in rivals or if I need a goal in champs
  • Renamed123456
    edited December 2019
    Pranav wrote: »
    I recommend 41212(2) with attacking full backs on the Dpad. It’s my go to all out attack formation and if your good defensively unlike me you could use it whole game. I only use it in rivals cause idc if I lose in rivals or if I need a goal in champs

I tried it before with fast build up was ridiculous like 6 v 3 every possession but often left just 2CB defending.

Also i dont like the passing. It operates weirdly. Try make a straight pass and my player runs around the back of a cb 80% of the time. And through balls were always overhit.