Pitch Notes - UPDATE ON FIFA CONNECTIVITY AND RESPONSIVENESS EFFORTS

Comments

• Liamooo
    1086 posts Professional
    A whole load of nothing, basically what we got told in the Fifa 20 sales pitch. Nothing has changed, in fact it’s got worse.
  • CarpeDiem
    2480 posts Fans' Favourite
    A pitch notes telling us there will be some more pitch notes...

at least they've acknowledged it i guess.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2019
    So much for it all being in our heads then eh?
    🤡🤡🤡

For something they've been looking at since FIFA 19 there doesn't seem to have been much progress. Think I'll give 21 a miss and see how 22 is on PS5
  • TheBenson
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    They forgot to add...

"Therefore as a gesture of good will we shall be giving all FUT team users two free Ultimate Packs on Christmas Day as a thankyou for your continued support."
  • AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can someone explain me the "freezing" part?

Is It about speed up lag or?
  • NornIron
    13797 posts Has That Special Something
    We are continuing to capture data through Gameplay Responsiveness surveys with key members of the community to better assist in latency investigations. Our most recent survey happened last week, and it is the third time we’ve run one like this since launch. The data generated from these surveys allows us to identify key areas of improvement and is helping to drive solutions around the topics noted above.

Is this survey been given to streamers or people thats had the problem for years and cant actually control their players.
  • Wz000
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    NornIron wrote: »
    We are continuing to capture data through Gameplay Responsiveness surveys with key members of the community to better assist in latency investigations. Our most recent survey happened last week, and it is the third time we’ve run one like this since launch. The data generated from these surveys allows us to identify key areas of improvement and is helping to drive solutions around the topics noted above.

Is this survey been given to streamers or people thats had the problem for years and cant actually control their players.

Why they even bothering with surveys?? It’s a know issue there is lag end of story. Fix your servers EA
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

"In the later stages of FIFA 19, we began to share some of the changes that we had implemented to improve the online player experience."

When they started doing this is when the game became completely broken for me.

" We are in the process of setting up and conducting this testing with limited groups of key players."

Hopefully these groups and "key players" are representative of those who actually experience these problems and not just players who dont experience these pronlems.

Otherwise it's good to see theyre at least talking about and recognising the terms we use for these experiences.

Whether something will actually get done or not, we cannot be blamed for being skeptical.

We can only hope 🤞🏼
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Blablablablablabla, buy FIFA 21, it will be better!

Then 22, 23, 24 etc
  • Gnomenclature
    5920 posts Big Money Move
    It may not be what we wanna hear, but hot damn they finally commented on it.

Hope it leads to positive changes....
  • SweetJesus101
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    new day same [Removed]

Leave out the swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Covkilla91mob
    2023 posts Fans' Favourite
    This sounds good but will it save the game itself from losing players from Rivals being so broken and no news there.

We had this sort of thing alot but they always reverse back to total trash like now we have bad delay and finally it's admitting it from EA that is best thing about this but still not the end imo .
  • BernaLeo87
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Blablablablablabla, buy FIFA 21, it will be better!

Exactly 😂
  • Antiversum
    5844 posts Big Money Move
    Sometimes the data center that’s closest to you isn’t the one that’s going to give you the best experience. This is because some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) don’t always move data directly from point A to point B.

Im no expert but surely letting us choose what data centre we connect to would be the best option.

Its only took 7 years to acknowledge it so maybe in another 7 it'll finally be fixed.

This is out of EAs Hand.
  • Orison
    55390 posts National Treasure

@NornIron given to verified players only. I guess in the hope that these people win almost every game they play and so ea doesn't have to bother with all the people who just say "connection was so bad" whenever they lost a game.

Don't worry tho, I put a lot of bad and really bad :trollface:
  • Wi1son73
    2886 posts National Call-Up
    Everything they have said is pretty much spot on with the connection side of things.
    But this always sounds like it won’t be a quick fix, So is this, it will be fixed just in-time for Fifa21
  • Vaughanster88
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    About 90 percent of my posts so far have been me moaning about something so far once I actually think this is positive I work in IT and know how complex this is especially when trying to find a solution but it would of been impossible if they didn't even think there was a problem to start with so this is positive just to know they have acknowledged it.
  • Warlock1
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Usual Bla Bla. FFS Invest in Servers and fix that Delay.
  • ASX
    3046 posts National Call-Up
    Pretty sure they have added a data centre in the middle east as per their comments.

I get 5 bars connection every match this year compared to 3/4 last year, gameplay has improved for me and I get much less games with input delay, sluggish players, etc.

It's not completely fixed.

I get terrible games when matched against players in India (team names as Chennnai FC or Mumbai FC) which I guess is down to the quality of internet there and the potential for some sort of connection compensation.
  • Fish88
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    I really dont get why we cant just choose the server we play on, in apex(another ea game) it shows you the list of servers including where they are located, your ping to it (why can we not see this already?) and your packet loss. Surely it is possible to implement in Fifa too.
  • KRANG00
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    Said all this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to sell us Fifa 20 and it's worse than ever
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    Oh look, TOTY starts in about 2 weeks and they put out a Pitch Notes that says nothing but gives people hope they are doing something about it.

Just like when they created that twitter account right before Black Friday that replied to about 6 people in a month.
  • OZero
    6872 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    Ah I got it. This is the bi-annual fishing notes! EA released something similar last June aren’t they? Of course all those promises were not fulfilled.
  • SuperKMx
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fish88 wrote: »
    I really dont get why we cant just choose the server we play on, in apex(another ea game) it shows you the list of servers including where they are located, your ping to it (why can we not see this already?) and your packet loss. Surely it is possible to implement in Fifa too.

It probably is. In fact, it definitely is.

But then you have the FIFA playerbase, which is arguably the most casual playerbase in gaming outside of Fortnite and Candy Crush. They'll see a list of servers with ping times and their heads will start to hurt because they essentially want the game to be "press button, score goal, I am teh bets at FIFA!"

The line EA has to walk between adding new stuff and not entirely alienating some of the absolute dumbest gamers on the planet is very, very thin.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Said all this **** to sell us Fifa 20 and it's worse than ever

Yup, I said the same the other day in a post. They'll abandon the game, spout the same rubbish about things they've fixed or will "try" to fix, hook those "at least they're trying" people in, sell them a lie, then patch the game after 1 week and abandon it 3 months later and repeat the same process.

Game is in a dire state, doubt EA can even fix the delay at this point.