So many cheats online

My first time playing Fifa online in a very long time and I was astounded by the shear number of people using cheats.

I was repeatedly tackling players but because they are using a cheat, the ball just springs straight back to them. This wasn't a one off incidence, it would happen repeatedly in many games.

I did my due diligence in this issue and according to the official EA November pitch notes, the Fifa 20 tackling mechanic involves the tackled player stumbling during which time that tackled player is no longer able to take control of the ball.
That is certainly the mechanic that effects my players when they are tackled, so if my opponents were somehow able to bypass this in-game mechanic, they were clearly cheating. There is no bug report on this issue with a response from an EA rep and no other communication from EA concerning this other than the November pitch notes, so cheating is clearly the only conclusion.

The 2nd cheat I experienced was my controls simply being overridden. I could be inputting a direction for a pass but rather than follow my input, my player would often simply pass the ball in a completely different direction, directly to the other team. As with my first complaint, I could find no official communication relating to if this was a bug so again, it appears to be a common use of a cheat.

Fifa has no in-game method to report cheating (rather suspiciously) so the only option was to report the cheating via the Xbox console directly. Cheating in games very rarely goes punished but if you experience these I would encourage you to submit the necessary report anyway.

Comments

• Ghotting
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So you have report EA to EA for cheating.
  • iitalic
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    i cant believe i just read all of that
  • Eddie Jones
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got to the second paragraph and just now realized every person I play cheats too.
  • Gabbalala
    3968 posts National Call-Up
    I got to the second paragraph and just now realized every person I play cheats too.

Same, but realized I cheat...wtf.
  • Ghotting
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gabbalala wrote: »

Same, but realized I cheat...wtf.

Delete your club. Now.
  • Chappy
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    So THAT'S why I have been losing all these games!
  • Diggy
    14748 posts Has That Special Something
    Nobody is cheating the games just broken
  • Eddie Jones
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »
    Nobody is cheating the games just broken

EC86-FDFD-BA2-B-459-D-8012-8815-D0176-F45.gif

• SuperKMx
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    S'alright, OP.

Comedy isn't something that's in everybody's wheelhouse.
  • ahmedsowilam
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 13
    All you observed is true ...and this is cheats ....and if you tell this any time and in any place..many people come to tell this is no cheating ...they are very stupid because this is a confirmation for me ...because the tone of them like someone hiding something..and this reflect the very high percentage of cheaters in game...iknow them from the first minutes in game (most of games by the way)....finally there are sick people ..want to appear they are good player but in fact they are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ really cowereds and psychos
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29001 posts Player of the Year
    I can spot cheaters in the first few seconds too, it starts with a pointless dragback from kick off.

And before anyone says they’re not cheaters, how comes I never beat them?????????
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    I can spot cheaters in the first few seconds too, it starts with a pointless dragback from kick off.

And before anyone says they’re not cheaters, how comes I never beat them?????????

Because you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️