The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Sad about the market ? Im not

Smsalnuaimi
1083 posts Professional
Well looking at it from a different prospective. I was dreaming to play with Neymar or Messi or Ronaldo in 17 ( last fifa i played before this) . Their prices were higihly inflated and the market was controlled by bots and traders with every sbc requires at least 2 or three players who are monopolized

Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high. And regardless of how worthy or unworthy the SBC’s. Most of the players i wont if not all are accessible and within my limits with almost zero trading


For me the market situation is not bad!

Comments

  • OZero
    6288 posts Big Money Move
    I would say this is long-dued
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6158 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    It’s all relative. So let’s say you buy those players today. And EA crash the market again and you lose 600,000 coins in a day. Will you be happy then? A healthy market is organic. It’s funny. In the past they have described it as a living organism. But now they manipulate it weekly to force coin losses on their player base.
  • greif44
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    It’s all relative. So let’s say you buy those players today. And EA crash the market again and you lose 600,000 coins in a day. Will you be happy then?

    everything else will go down as well. at least he can afford the players he wants

    For me it's also not a bad thing, I've never had CR7 this early in game
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1083 posts Professional
    It’s all relative. So let’s say you buy those players today. And EA crash the market again and you lose 600,000 coins in a day. Will you be happy then? A healthy market is organic. It’s funny. In the past they have described it as a living organism. But now they manipulate it weekly to force coin losses on their player base.

    Somehow youtubers are double faced

    They are all upset about the market crash . Noted

    They were all upset about Messi 96 SBC for it being so expensive almost 2 mill and eishing it was cheaper

    Ok im a player who have TOTGS Messi who spent 2.5 on messi. And if EA release an SBC for him for less than 1.5. Im already hit with a 1 mill loss !!

    So whats the take of youtubers on this
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well looking at it from a different prospective. I was dreaming to play with Neymar or Messi or Ronaldo in 17 ( last fifa i played before this) . Their prices were higihly inflated and the market was controlled by bots and traders with every sbc requires at least 2 or three players who are monopolized

    Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high. And regardless of how worthy or unworthy the SBC’s. Most of the players i wont if not all are accessible and within my limits with almost zero trading


    For me the market situation is not bad!

    I do t know if people are sad about the market. A majority would agree with you. And being able to afford good players is nice. But I think what annoys people is the inconsistency and the money grab tactics. Look at today's Futmas SBCs. Ridiculous requirements that make doing them unattractive and cause people unnecessary frustration. People work hard for their coins and try to make a bit more through some trading but this year find it hard to do that. So they feel poorer by the day and that is what makes them frustrated.
  • Mills110
    84 posts Park Captain
    Durrani13 wrote: »
    Well looking at it from a different prospective. I was dreaming to play with Neymar or Messi or Ronaldo in 17 ( last fifa i played before this) . Their prices were higihly inflated and the market was controlled by bots and traders with every sbc requires at least 2 or three players who are monopolized

    Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high. And regardless of how worthy or unworthy the SBC’s. Most of the players i wont if not all are accessible and within my limits with almost zero trading


    For me the market situation is not bad!

    I do t know if people are sad about the market. A majority would agree with you. And being able to afford good players is nice. But I think what annoys people is the inconsistency and the money grab tactics. Look at today's Futmas SBCs. Ridiculous requirements that make doing them unattractive and cause people unnecessary frustration. People work hard for their coins and try to make a bit more through some trading but this year find it hard to do that. So they feel poorer by the day and that is what makes them frustrated.

    Yes this is perfect. I agree with both sentiments. I'm happy that I can afford top players that I never would have in the past, but I'm also afraid to buy top players because I know it's a guaranteed loss of 100k+ if I hold onto them for too long. And I definitely don't want to blow any more coins on a cool but ultimately useless and untradeable SBC card when I can buy much better for less on the market and flip it when something better comes out. That is if I time it correctly, otherwise I'm screwed. Not exactly a fun user experience.
  • Kartal_FC
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    There is only 1 winner on this market. EA

    You think you have a good deal because you got messi under 1.2m today and laughed at people who bought him at 1.4m 2 weeks ago? Well when EA releases 2 more messi and 3 more directly competing sbc you will see your messi dropping to 800k...

    Again what EA is doing is unethical and they honestly should be sued for it.
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mills110 wrote: »
    Durrani13 wrote: »
    Well looking at it from a different prospective. I was dreaming to play with Neymar or Messi or Ronaldo in 17 ( last fifa i played before this) . Their prices were higihly inflated and the market was controlled by bots and traders with every sbc requires at least 2 or three players who are monopolized

    Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high. And regardless of how worthy or unworthy the SBC’s. Most of the players i wont if not all are accessible and within my limits with almost zero trading


    For me the market situation is not bad!

    I do t know if people are sad about the market. A majority would agree with you. And being able to afford good players is nice. But I think what annoys people is the inconsistency and the money grab tactics. Look at today's Futmas SBCs. Ridiculous requirements that make doing them unattractive and cause people unnecessary frustration. People work hard for their coins and try to make a bit more through some trading but this year find it hard to do that. So they feel poorer by the day and that is what makes them frustrated.

    Yes this is perfect. I agree with both sentiments. I'm happy that I can afford top players that I never would have in the past, but I'm also afraid to buy top players because I know it's a guaranteed loss of 100k+ if I hold onto them for too long. And I definitely don't want to blow any more coins on a cool but ultimately useless and untradeable SBC card when I can buy much better for less on the market and flip it when something better comes out. That is if I time it correctly, otherwise I'm screwed. Not exactly a fun user experience.

    I think what the EA geniuses don't realise is that if the market has been on a downward trend for over a month it will create an expectation of cheaper SBCs. Otherwise as you say the safest and smart thing to do is stay away from untradeables. As more expensive cards keep falling just buy those instead.

    There are five or six different versions of Messi, Mane, Son etc so why go for their over the top untradeables? No incentive with terrible packs in return. I think EA has fallen behind and unable to create adequate incentives and keep people interested. If it continues more and more will move onto something else.
  • Delboy13710
    6311 posts Big Money Move
    Same for somebody who dont buy coins or trade the market is great . I play lots of games feel like its alot more rewarding . I remember last year I was struggling with coins now I have a decent team already
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Kartal_FC wrote: »
    There is only 1 winner on this market. EA

    You think you have a good deal because you got messi under 1.2m today and laughed at people who bought him at 1.4m 2 weeks ago? Well when EA releases 2 more messi and 3 more directly competing sbc you will see your messi dropping to 800k...

    Again what EA is doing is unethical and they honestly should be sued for it.

    Sued for what? Lol! They can pretty much do what they like
  • Boysie91
    10466 posts Has That Special Something
    I like the market being cheap
  • Queens11
    1941 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is a lot more drops to come this month
    That we can be sure off ea are allowing no one easy coins
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    The market being cheap is brilliant, let’s not forget this is a football game and not a tasing game.

    I want to play with a half decent team and have a chance to win some matches, nothing worse than playing people who have all top tier players, you start the match at a disadvantage already. A cheaper market evens it out a lot more!

    I hope the market keeps dropping like a stone, and that comes from someone who has lost loads on various players!
  • Ballist1x
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    The market isnt thatcheap. The best players are still 6m plus so while you're losing money on your team r94 is still unaffordable
  • BeefyRabouter
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    O god this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ again. You're happy now, but what are you going to upgrade towards? The big cards are way out of the regular player's league and I bet you get fed up running with your gold Mbappe at some point. Low market means your rewards are low value too, so there's your chance of upgrading your team any further.
  • Huh? Messi dropped to 400k last year.

    The problem with the market this year is the handful of top tier cards and icons cost over a mil whereas everyone else is close to discard. You used to be able to make money off a large percentage of cards, especially with SBCs, you can't do that now, so how are you meant to work towards these TOTY, prime icons and PIM cards!?

    By buying fifa points.
  • Denz
    2428 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just the constant money grabbing promos that annoy me. All done to grab money for pack sales and keep people losing in game value at the same time.

    We don't need weekly promos. We need less promos but when they arrive they mean something and are well thought out.

    Toty nominees, basically another version of the gold and ucl cards but with a prettier design.
  • SuperKMx
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high.

    Not really. If I packed Firmino on this day last year, he would get me 38k. He's 20k this year, and not even in packs. Meanwhile, Neymar NIF was 615k on this day last year, and is 690k today.

    So I'm making 18k less for packing a decent 86, while a top-tier player is 75k more expensive.

    Players are low, so rewards are low, UNLESS you hit the top 0.2% of cards from a pack. Hell, you can pack an icon right now that won't sell at 150k.

    If you take coins, it will take longer this year to buy top-tier players than it did last year. You can move your squad up a little bit more than before, but the bigger price gap between the mid-tier and high-tier players means you'll hit a plateau sooner than in 19. This is (I feel) by design, so that newer and more casual players can play catch-up with your team much, much faster.

    So while you're rocking an 86-rated squad on January 1st and thinking that you're doing alright, little Jimmy who gets the game for Christmas will probably be on the same level before TOTY drops. But you'll both be stuck there until you either hit it big from a pack, or save coins from enough weeks to be able to buy one of those top-tier cards.
  • BeastlyHusla
    5662 posts Big Money Move
    Both ways, I still don't see why would be happy about it.

    If player prices were high, I'd take you lots of good packs to buy say neymar.

    Now neymar is cheaper but players are also cheap so you're needing just as same amount of pack luck to get neymar..

    Or am I thinking this wrong..
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1083 posts Professional
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high.

    Not really. If I packed Firmino on this day last year, he would get me 38k. He's 20k this year, and not even in packs. Meanwhile, Neymar NIF was 615k on this day last year, and is 690k today.

    So I'm making 18k less for packing a decent 86, while a top-tier player is 75k more expensive.

    Players are low, so rewards are low, UNLESS you hit the top 0.2% of cards from a pack. Hell, you can pack an icon right now that won't sell at 150k.

    If you take coins, it will take longer this year to buy top-tier players than it did last year. You can move your squad up a little bit more than before, but the bigger price gap between the mid-tier and high-tier players means you'll hit a plateau sooner than in 19. This is (I feel) by design, so that newer and more casual players can play catch-up with your team much, much faster.

    So while you're rocking an 86-rated squad on January 1st and thinking that you're doing alright, little Jimmy who gets the game for Christmas will probably be on the same level before TOTY drops. But you'll both be stuck there until you either hit it big from a pack, or save coins from enough weeks to be able to buy one of those top-tier cards.

    I dont take packs for rewards. I take coins unless there are only packs
  • Kartal_FC
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    PegLeg wrote: »
    Kartal_FC wrote: »
    There is only 1 winner on this market. EA

    You think you have a good deal because you got messi under 1.2m today and laughed at people who bought him at 1.4m 2 weeks ago? Well when EA releases 2 more messi and 3 more directly competing sbc you will see your messi dropping to 800k...

    Again what EA is doing is unethical and they honestly should be sued for it.

    Sued for what? Lol! They can pretty much do what they like

    If you follow the court cases against them you will see it is not the way you may think it is. Especially with the lootboxing
  • SuperKMx
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Now the value of players are low. Rewards are high.

    Not really. If I packed Firmino on this day last year, he would get me 38k. He's 20k this year, and not even in packs. Meanwhile, Neymar NIF was 615k on this day last year, and is 690k today.

    So I'm making 18k less for packing a decent 86, while a top-tier player is 75k more expensive.

    Players are low, so rewards are low, UNLESS you hit the top 0.2% of cards from a pack. Hell, you can pack an icon right now that won't sell at 150k.

    If you take coins, it will take longer this year to buy top-tier players than it did last year. You can move your squad up a little bit more than before, but the bigger price gap between the mid-tier and high-tier players means you'll hit a plateau sooner than in 19. This is (I feel) by design, so that newer and more casual players can play catch-up with your team much, much faster.

    So while you're rocking an 86-rated squad on January 1st and thinking that you're doing alright, little Jimmy who gets the game for Christmas will probably be on the same level before TOTY drops. But you'll both be stuck there until you either hit it big from a pack, or save coins from enough weeks to be able to buy one of those top-tier cards.

    I dont take packs for rewards. I take coins unless there are only packs

    Doesn't matter. The point still stands, especially considering I specifically mentioned taking coins.
Sign In or Register to comment.