The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

I did a terrible investment and need advice

After a few successful investment I did a stupid investment. Really stupid. Invested all my money (4.8 millions) in TOTGS Ter Stegen for some quick gains. First I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up by buying a day early, bought all 42 at 110-115k. Dropped to 95-100 the final day. Friday morning he was up to almost 110k, but got ❤️❤️❤️❤️ over by the TOTY nominees.

He is currently going for 82k at the moment of writing, been bouncing between 85-90k most of the day.

Question is, should I do the safe move and hold (surely can't get any worse) or cash ut with over 1 million loss and reinvest in other players? With the market being so low I feel like there are better investments out there, but I am also afraid of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up even more. Advice?

Comments

• Reus
    23195 posts Club Captain
    List them up at break even/small profit for a few days

Should be able to sell a few and limit losses
  • Reus wrote: »
    List them up at break even/small profit for a few days

Should be able to sell a few and limit losses
    Even if that price is 120k?

• OoSUPERDANoO
    14192 posts Moderator
    List the whole lot at inflated prices say 130-150k

Make them all different. You will get some hits I’m sure.
  • Azof
    17616 posts World Class
    Never put all your eggs in one basket
  • Ryno
    6532 posts Big Money Move

Yep do this. There are tons of lazy buyers in FUT. You will probably only sell 1-2 per cycle, but its better than taking a loss on all of them.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14192 posts Moderator
    Ryno wrote: »

Yep do this. There are tons of lazy buyers in FUT. You will probably only sell 1-2 per cycle, but its better than taking a loss on all of them.

100%

Will take time but you’d be surprised what sells.
  • Azof wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah.. I know. I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up and it's all on me
  • Ryno wrote: »

so I just list them all and then realist again and again?
  • Ryno
    6532 posts Big Money Move
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah.. I know. I **** up and it's all on me

This is all part of the learning curve that comes with trading. Can translate a lot of what you learn on FUT trading to other more applicable things
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14192 posts Moderator
    Yep.

Just vary the prices a little. With 42 on the market you will have a good chance.

• Ryno wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah.. I know. I **** up and it's all on me

This is all part of the learning curve that comes with trading. Can translate a lot of what you learn on FUT trading to other more applicable things
    I'm a FUT founder and traded for years. I'm not an expert and skipped last year, but I got a bit overconfident after a few successful investments. I'll learn though.
  • Yep.

Just vary the prices a little. With 42 on the market you will have a good chance.
    Thanks a lot
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14192 posts Moderator
    Let us know how you get on
  • Let us know how you get on
    I'll keep you updated.

Funny part is one of them got discarded two days ago, but EA support actually helped me out yesterday and said they'll recover him. Still waiting, but they deducted the discard value of him so I assume he's popping up soon!
  • Kamilflage
    5982 posts Big Money Move
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding
  • Kamilflage wrote: »
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding
    Don't think the market will recover at all?
  • Fab
    19423 posts World Class
    I mean, you'll shift a few at attempting to trick buyers but that will take a while. Cashing out might be the way to go if you think you can invest it more efficiently than letting it ride out.
  • Fab wrote: »
    I mean, you'll shift a few at attempting to trick buyers but that will take a while. Cashing out might be the way to go if you think you can invest it more efficiently than letting it ride out.
    I'm not sure what I think, but the market seems very low atm.

I think I'll try a few to see if I can shift a few over the next 24 hours, then I'll decide if I cash out or wait a week or two for them to rise a little bit before cashing out.
  • Kamilflage
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

See the problem you face is that Ter Stegen is also probably gonna get TOTY, or even if for whatever reason not, many think he will. This cant bode well for any special cards of his. The fact is your investment was very risky, albeit you got screwed over by EA, to which I offer my condolences its happened to me A LOT as an active trader...
    If I was in your shoes, I would cash out and make it my objective to trade more and recover my losses. Never take anything personal, you win some you lose some.
    I recently got burned for about 300k on Wan Basikka, stupid move on my part. I just cashed out asap, and been trading since Friday. Recovered my losses and some....now I'm back to winning. Dont take it hard, just bounce back!
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

See the problem you face is that Ter Stegen is also probably gonna get TOTY, or even if for whatever reason not, many think he will. This cant bode well for any special cards of his. The fact is your investment was very risky, albeit you got screwed over by EA, to which I offer my condolences its happened to me A LOT as an active trader...
    If I was in your shoes, I would cash out and make it my objective to trade more and recover my losses. Never take anything personal, you win some you lose some.
    I recently got burned for about 300k on Wan Basikka, stupid move on my part. I just cashed out asap, and been trading since Friday. Recovered my losses and some....now I'm back to winning. Dont take it hard, just bounce back!
    Thanks. Sensible words. Yes, it was risky and stupid. Fair point on TOTY. Just feels so rough when we are talking 1-1.5 million loss from 4.8 invested
  • First cycle - zero sales. One more cycle, might try to list them all for 90-100k instead for a few cycles and them well them all of sometime tomorrow. And make new investments
  • Reus
    23195 posts Club Captain
    @jakobpedro

Take a look at the nif trading thread and the way people trade in there

It is very low risk and gives very consistent profit for little time
  • Kamilflage
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

Thanks. Sensible words. Yes, it was risky and stupid. Fair point on TOTY. Just feels so rough when we are talking 1-1.5 million loss from 4.8 invested

I can imagine bro, it would eat me up to do it. But as you said the opportunity in the market right now is huge...a few nice icon flips overnight should get you well on your way. You know what feeling is even worse? Not being liquid and seeing deals and opportunities go by you. Like its your call at the end of the day, i would hate to be the guy that told you to take a 1.5M loss. I'm only telling you what I would do, and this is coming from a veteran on this god forsaken game lol
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

I can imagine bro, it would eat me up to do it. But as you said the opportunity in the market right now is huge...a few nice icon flips overnight should get you well on your way. You know what feeling is even worse? Not being liquid and seeing deals and opportunities go by you. Like its your call at the end of the day, i would hate to be the guy that told you to take a 1.5M loss. I'm only telling you what I would do, and this is coming from a veteran on this god forsaken game lol
    I'll see what I do, but the market is indeed low. I'll definitely turn towards more safe investments after this!

If I can shift them for 90k it will be a 1.2m loss, hopefully I can shift a few above and make it a 1m loss +/-
  • Kamilflage
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

I'll see what I do, but the market is indeed low. I'll definitely turn towards more safe investments after this!

If I can shift them for 90k it will be a 1.2m loss, hopefully I can shift a few above and make it a 1m loss +/-

Best of luck brother, I hope you get lots of lazy buyers and minimize as much as you can!
    Let us know what happens :smile:
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

Best of luck brother, I hope you get lots of lazy buyers and minimize as much as you can!
    Re-listed one more cycle at 130-140k, might lower to 100-110k or 90-100k afterwards.

Currently the lowest BIN is 87k, at least that's 5k up from earlier.
  • Kamilflage
    Take the L, then recover
    No point holding

Re-listed one more cycle at 130-140k, might lower to 100-110k or 90-100k afterwards.

Currently the lowest BIN is 87k, at least that's 5k up from earlier.

You should get luckier overnight
  • Second cycle - no sales
  • Third cycle - dumped the prices to 115-120k - no sales
  • Fourth cycle - dumped prices to 95-100k - no sales

I'm not bothering with this, I'm cutting my losses (most likely 1.2m loss). I'll try to flip other cards to make back the coins.