The cards EA "gift" aren't really free

Navraat
3672 posts National Call-Up
For example you do Politano and play those matches wasting hours while using crap players that you didnt really want and have to stress about doing the objective.

So ok you got Politano, cool right?

But then you now have to fit him into your team and now need a Serie A RB?

So EA drops Futmas Malcuit, cool right?

Would you really do Futmas Malcuit if you didnt have Politano?

Probably not, but now that you have Politano you also are considering Malcuit and will spend 120k on him with no packs back

So in the end you spent 120k to link what EA "gifted" you which otherwise if you wouldnt but now are "forced" to link your Politano with a Serie A RB if you want to use him on full chem

What I'm saying is taking a good offer from EA may end up costing you more because they will release more players that will link to them on purpose so you will feel tempted to do them and now without realizing you have dozens of untradeables that you didnt really want and now are forced to fit them in your team and play every game to get your money invested into the card worth so to speak

Comments

• Your pic hurts my eyes lol
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    Correct. Feel like you could've done better on tying it in on the big picture. More untradeables = Less coins = More incentive to buy packs (especially with a big event such as TOTY around the corner, for example)
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    What the f is that picture
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Cant believe I just wasted my time reading this nonsense
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    Except for the fact EA are also giving away Danilo through the Milestones so nobody has to pay for Malcuit if they don't want to...
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    Navraat wrote: »
    For example you do Politano and play those matches wasting hours while using crap players that you didnt really want and have to stress about doing the objective.

So ok you got Politano, cool right?

But then you now have to fit him into your team and now need a Serie A RB?

So EA drops Futmas Malcuit, cool right?

Would you really do Futmas Malcuit if you didnt have Politano?

Probably not, but now that you have Politano you also are considering Malcuit and will spend 120k on him with no packs back

So in the end you spent 120k to link what EA "gifted" you which otherwise if you wouldnt but now are "forced" to link your Politano with a Serie A RB if you want to use him on full chem

What I'm saying is taking a good offer from EA may end up costing you more because they will release more players that will link to them on purpose so you will feel tempted to do them and now without realizing you have dozens of untradeables that you didnt really want and now are forced to fit them in your team and play every game to get your money invested into the card worth so to speak

So EA give us special players to link to players they've already given us and that's a bad thing? Better not to do any of the players and run with only unlinked nifs to get it up the man? I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. Sounds like what I'd do if I was running a game - give the players decent linked up options for players to have
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Time is more valuable than money.

Nothing is free in this game.
  • Amargaladaster26
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    EA are also giving away an RB to link him to just for grinding though, so this argument does not hold that much, even though I understand what you mean.
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    Time is more valuable than money.

Nothing is free in this game.

Yeah I'd rather pay coins for the card than play squad battles to complete an objective
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    Politano was a rivals objective, I enjoy the challenge of using crap players, atleast makes the game interesting as opposed to the lame constant cycle, I play Politano in 7 chem on the left. To each it’s own
  • Fox_in_the_Box
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Cant believe I just wasted my time reading this nonsense

You think they hired a FUT Economist for sh!ts 'n giggles...??

OP talks perfect sense...you really think the specific players they release to get for 'free' are just random-as$$ bums???...Nonono...they're very carefully considered & selected bums! :lol:

Yo wake up....