Why is it like that - Gameplay

Roc_Xel
1625 posts Play-Off Hero
So kind of trying to be constructive here and to actually understand things.

Just want to understand why things like that happen in this game, what's the idea behind it.

I'm a very average player. Was in div 1 last year but only div 4 this year.

Started WL yesterday and first games felt great. Went 4-0 then 7-1. My players were quick and all was like it should be gameplay wise.

Since then, both yesterday and today, my gameplay is something I can't even describe. I dont really feel any lag to be perfectly honest, although very often my registered fake shots to control the ball just won't be made and so it just sends a loftet pass wide for no reason. Same for heel to heel, usually just does not register.

So I have unresponsiveness but no real lag, that I can feel at least.

But, my players don't run any more. I am constantly outpaced. Thus I cannot find a decent shooting opportunity, like never. If I do, like twice a game, since yesterday my players - Cr7 or Eusebio to name two, shoot way above the goal. Like they never did before.

I love my CAM, who is Cruyff, but he litterally stops going forward. Most of my players dont make runs any longer, for no reason that I can think of. It made me change my custom tactics which I loved for the last 100 games, of course it did not change anything.

I am now 9-11. So I went 2 - 10 over the last 12.

Did not score more than 2 goals over my last 8 games, whereas I must have played poor players given my last 15 games record. Had to quit like 4 times at half being 3 or 4-0 down. I have 40% poss and barely any shoots.

The most noticeable thing of all is really how slow my players have become, cant outpace anyone, including with 95+ pace players, but the fact that they shoot way over the goal is also very unusual.

I want to try and understand why things like that happen, I mean what's the idea behind it ? Is it to make us buy FP ? is there anything else ?

Also, can something be done ? I rebooted my PS4, copied my team to create another one, nothing changed. It's like my team is cursed.

It seems to me, but let me know if it's wrong, that it's not a lag problem but really a gameplay issue in the way my players react and play. It's day and night.

Happened often to me already in the past, it's happening now. These periods make the game one of the worst thing I've ever played at. -Have had no pleasure whatsoever over my last 10 games, even the 2 I barely won.

Comments

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

I don't know how the technical side works but i feel EA have the worse handling of connections and accounts for probably the richest games company (if not one of them) and on their big money making game they fail to have even semi reasonable gameplay experiences or constituencies.

Something is very troubling about that.
  • d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Can't turn, run, make a pass reach, extra and bad touches, randomly placed players. Story of the game in every single mode, even in Squad Battles. I don't even know what to call it. It's ridiculous!
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Roc_Xel wrote: »

Just want to understand why things like that happen in this game, what's the idea behind it.

Started WL yesterday and first games felt great. Went 4-0 then 7-1. My players were quick and all was like it should be gameplay wise.

Since then, both yesterday and today, my gameplay is something I can't even describe. I dont really feel any lag to be perfectly honest, although very often my registered fake shots to control the ball just won't be made and so it just sends a loftet pass wide for no reason. Same for heel to heel, usually just does not register.

But, my players don't run any more. I am constantly outpaced. Thus I cannot find a decent shooting opportunity, like never. If I do, like twice a game, since yesterday my players - Cr7 or Eusebio to name two, shoot way above the goal. Like they never did before.

I love my CAM, who is Cruyff, but he litterally stops going forward. Most of my players dont make runs any longer, for no reason that I can think of. It made me change my custom tactics which I loved for the last 100 games, of course it did not change anything.

Did not score more than 2 goals over my last 8 games, whereas I must have played poor players given my last 15 games record. Had to quit like 4 times at half being 3 or 4-0 down. I have 40% poss and barely any shoots.

The most noticeable thing of all is really how slow my players have become, cant outpace anyone, including with 95+ pace players, but the fact that they shoot way over the goal is also very unusual.

I want to try and understand why things like that happen, I mean what's the idea behind it ? Is it to make us buy FP ? is there anything else ?

Also, can something be done ? I rebooted my PS4, copied my team to create another one, nothing changed. It's like my team is cursed.

It seems to me, but let me know if it's wrong, that it's not a lag problem but really a gameplay issue in the way my players react and play. It's day and night.

Happened often to me already in the past, it's happening now. These periods make the game one of the worst thing I've ever played at. -Have had no pleasure whatsoever over my last 10 games, even the 2 I barely won.

It’s all In your head
    Ea said there is absolutely nothing in the game that makes your players turn to garbage so guess we just gotta accept that ea don’t tell lies
    Even if the difference is black or white we just gotta take their good honest word on things 🤮
    Ea sports it’s in the game
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    But are we sure that this is connection related / servers related ?

Again I dont really feel lag (but have plenty of things not registering) and I feel this may just be some random ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Works in streaks too. Players quick and playing like gods for some games then cant outoace anyone.

But this current streak has been brutal.

7-1 to 9-11 in WL. Meaning my last 15 were 4-11 so i had to play similar players. Yet i had to quit like 3 times at half down 3-0. Not scored more than 2 in last 7 games its crazy. Cant get good goal scoring opportunities. Players are to slow to create those.

Is it servers related ? Not sure. If not, why but why does it happen ? Does not make any sense to me.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is it servers related ? Not sure. If not, why but why does it happen ? Does not make any sense to me.

Servers are the problem if you have speed lag or disconnections. When your players can´t cut a pass, can´t turn, can´t pass, can´t shoot on target the problem is the game. I don´t know how people don´t notice that. It works on streaks of enthusiasm - frustration. It´s perfectly designed.

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    d3b4s1s wrote: »
    Can't turn, run, make a pass reach, extra and bad touches, randomly placed players. Story of the game in every single mode, even in Squad Battles. I don't even know what to call it. It's ridiculous!

Yep. I playing balls to my players in the box they literally run past the ball without trying to shopt then have to run 5 yards back to ir.

Everytime my llayer receives a pass they moonwalk backwards 2 yards like this...

tenor.gif
  • leoncioGWU
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park

I completely understand what you are saying. I'm sure it has something to do with gameplay and connectivity issues. However when you go on such a bad losing streak it's mostly in your head. When things go poorly for 2 or 3 games, you should stop playing for a few hours. Its hard to stop playing , because you get frustrated and want to overcome the situation and win.

Going back into the gameplay issues, I totally agree with what you're saying. Sometimes your players feel great and responsible, and the next game they all feel clunky, slow, they don't run the pitch correctly and so many more things that dont feel right.

However, this WL I suddenly cant play defense. I swear that from last week, I just cant do it, and I dont know anymore if it is me or if it's something about the game that has changed, or connectivity or whatever it might be.

It's all so weird.
  • I have the same issues mentioned. The funny thing is my friends logs onto his account on my ps4 and his gameplay is fast/smooth and responsive. His players pass the ball quickly and do great touches on the ball meanwhile my passes are rediculously slow (feels like the ball is rolling in mud) and my players dont respond to commands and they dumb out. My friend has played on my account because he doesnt believe me when i say the gameplay is terrible and even he is like wtf is up with your gameplay. Lol its so frustrating.
  • Ibracadabra86
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dElAy
  • TheMightyBee
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    Same issues, I've stopped playing WL, it's pointless. Rivals is just fine though.
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    dElAy

Again, not even sure it got anything to do with delay and/or servers.

My team stopped playing, it's quite simple really.

No runs, shooting way above the crossbar the same shots that were in or on target 99% of the time.

Making no runs, and impossible to outpace any defender in the game.

Like litterally 0 pleasure playing right now. You got the feeling your team is not in your control any more. Got nothing going on, it's plain ridiculous.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    dElAy

No runs, shooting way above the crossbar the same shots that were in or on target 99% of the time.

Like litterally 0 pleasure playing right now. You got the feeling your team is not in your control any more. Got nothing going on, it's plain ridiculous.

Same here. I don´t know who is in control of my players. The defenders run forward like crazy leaving gaps everywhere. It´s too obvious.
  • Cmiz
    1254 posts Professional
    dElAy

Same thing for me slow build up no runs being made player switching 🙄 enough said
  • chiromike78
    57 posts Park Captain
    I have had this issue for the past 2 FIFA's. This year it has been really bad though. I thought it was a connectivity issue but it's definitely not from your internet. It's due to the EA servers and whatever program they use to balance the game out between players. When I play friendlies where it is Peer to Peer gameplay I hardly ever have issues and have won about 85% of my games. But any mode where you can win coins or packs I get the stuck in the mud gameplay as you have explained. Weekend League, Rivals, and Squad battles i have experienced the horrendous gameplay. I still don't know why I continue to play this game since I get so angry that it doesn't work properly. Until EA goes back to Peer to peer gameplay for all game modes I suspect that people will continue to complain about the horrible inconsistent gameplay. One game can be smooth and fine and then the next 4 will be horrible. I've tried everything to correct the issue on my side and have finally realized that there is nothing I can, it's up to EA sports to find a solution.
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Curious, what division are you guys?
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    9bb.jpg