Gameplay

MassiveMits
139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hi, I am thinking of buying a switch because of the portable play (have PS4 now).
Is it worthy?
I only play FUT.
thanks!!

Comments

• ChappellRovers
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    I really enjoy it. It is better than the horror stories you hear about the recent update on the playstation version about shooting/crossing/heading/defending. The market is limited 25,000-30,000 items maybe 15 icons on there atm, it can be quite hard to get a specific special card as there aren’t many (lots of extinct cards) and there is no web companion so no sniping. There is good sbc coverage but no objectives, no weekend leagues and no squad battles. There is only single player/online seasons/cups, totw and single/online drafts. There is a lot of coins to be made from trading consumables particularly position modifiers as sometimes there are only 3-6 CAM’s-CM’s (for example) so they go for 3000 coins plus, as well as gold cards and Marquee Match ups. I haven’t put much fifa points in but I have made 6 mill transfer profit (ranked 60-ish in the world). The online is a lot more chilled out mostly I face 79-84 squads no meta squads (mine is 85 english only squad). Also not a great deal of problems regarding people changing formations at the start of the games, or being really overly competitive so it isn’t very toxic. There isn’t much lag either maybe get it 1/15 games due to your opponents internet. Overall I think it is much better the reduced content and lack of stuff on the market can be turned on your advantage and raw gameplay wise it is better for me than playstation. The online is also a lot easier on weekends as most people only play on the weekends. In the week you tend to face either amazing players or amazing squads. I think it is better cause of how less toxic it is.

There is no difference between playing tv or portable either.
  • MassiveMits
    @ChappellRovers , many thanks for the review.
    I might go for it then.
  • ChappellRovers
    @ChappellRovers , many thanks for the review.
    I might go for it then.

No worries. If you have any other questions about it let me know 👍🏻. It is a lot better in my opinion I just found the weekend league, rivals etc so toxic I didn’t want to do them anyway lol.
  • MassiveMits
    Wait, there isn’t a similar thing to rivals?
    And objectives, etc?
    You have mentioned online seasons, is it in FUT and in the old model of going up divisions?
    Cheers
  • ChappellRovers
    Wait, there isn’t a similar thing to rivals?
    And objectives, etc?
    You have mentioned online seasons, is it in FUT and in the old model of going up divisions?
    Cheers

Yeah no rivals or objectives or red players or weekend league. It is basically FIFA 17 - just 10 online and single player divisions which you get just coins for winning no packs, just base single and online cups no one really uses because you get the pack reward only once, sbc’s and online/single player draft. That is all basically. You get 15 manager tasks when you start but no more than that. I prefer it though to be honest lol.
  • ChappellRovers
    No frostbite engine either. So the gameplay is a lot like fifa 17 as well.
  • MassiveMits
    I like that.
    I am going to get a switch then.
    Thanks!
  • MassiveMits
    The forum is a tad dead, though...
  • ChappellRovers
    The forum is a tad dead, though...

Yep almost certainly. I go on General Discussion instead lol
  • ChappellRovers
    I like that.
    I am going to get a switch then.
    Thanks!

No worries, i prefer it so much as well lol.
  • Let's hope you haven't brought a switch fifa is shocking the gameplay the passing the match up it's a big fraud
  • LordVader
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 9
    I really enjoy it. As a parent of two young kids, my time is limited. I haven't been able to make any coins with the position modifiers (maybe I am buying wrong ones?) but otherwise Bronze Pack Method and also buying players when quiet (evening for me in USA) and selling overnight. Made 15k just sleeping yesterday. I had lag yesterday but it is rare, I agree about 1 in about 15 games.