How do you bounce back after 9 losses in a row?

BadSeedsFC
1651 posts Play-Off Hero
edited December 2019
I'm a "casual" player. A couple of Rivals games per night to unwind (Div 5-6), some additional Rivals and Squad Battles games during the weekend, and maybe one WL per month (Gold 3 in the first one, then Silver 1 all the way. Never finished the 30 games. One time I played 25 and feel so bad with the time lost on the weekend that decided to leave it at 18, max 20 games).

Since Monday I haven't been able to win a single Rivals game. It has been 3 defeats per day till yesterday. How do you bounce back in these cases?

I change my team with some reserve players yesterday, but It was worse after that. I got a hard earn 400K in the bank right now (I don't buy FP) and I'm saving for Futmass.

I play 4 4 1 1, balance defense (4 depth) and possession attacking football with an hybrid squad (mainly Bundes, with Baby Crespo, EOAE Villa, FB Fabregas and Mid Okocha/NIF Martin's).

Any suggestions to get back on track? Change tactics? Formation? Splash that cash to get rid of Lord Voldemort vuduu woodu? Go full Red Dead Redemption 2 till next year?

Thanks in advance! ⚽️ ⚡️

Comments

• Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    First, do a new team, even if you keep it all the same at first, just to "freshen up" things a bit.

Then, I would clearly change formation. In your case I would try a two strikers formation, likely 41212-2 or 4312.
  • Typically just win the next 9 in a row.
  • ASX
    3508 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    Try setting up another custom tactic to switch too in game.

I use 4411 too but in some games the CAM/CF can get lost in a tight midfield and go missing. Quite often if I switch to 442 with the same tactics and instructions I can turn a game around with two strikers to play off each other.

Also, if you feel delayed gameplay is affecting your result just turn FIFA off; if I get one delayed game then I'll get another and another, learnt the hard way, just stop after the first one and try again later.
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you mind outlining the backline? When losing consistently it's important to get that right.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    ASX wrote: »
    Try setting up another custom tactic to switch too in game.

I use 4411 too but in some games the CAM/CF can get lost in a tight midfield and go missing. Quite often if I switch to 442 with the same tactics and instructions I can turn a game around with two strikers to play off each other.

Also, if you feel delayed gameplay is affecting your result just turn FIFA off; if I get one delayed game then I'll get another and another, learnt the hard way, just stop after the first one and try again later.

I was doing exactly that (changing to 4 4 2 in game), and that was working till Monday...
  • BadSeedsFC
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Durrani13 wrote: »
    Do you mind outlining the backline? When losing consistently it's important to get that right.

Of course man.

Burki
    Schulz Lucas Hernández Akanji RTTF Mbabu

I'm considering building a second squad with only Spanish players, and try some top tier defenders like Ramos 🤔

I already got EOAE Villa, FB Fabregas and red Muniain to start. There is a lot of room to improve, but having two decent squads maybe can help a bit. The coins where for Futmass originally, but the fathers of my wife are coming to visiting next week, and my playtime could be low for the rest of December. I'm curious on the effect that SBC Messi will have on the market, so I'm saving the 400k at least for tonight 😂
  • Denz
    3180 posts National Call-Up
    Stop letting my little nephew play.

That's a hell of a run. Your points should lower to help with your opponents but I'd go back to basics.

Choose a formation you enjoy using, go balanced across the tactics and modify slightly after each game until you get them to suit your playstyle.

• Durrani13
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »

Of course man.

Burki

I'm considering building a second squad with only Spanish players, and try some top tier defenders like Ramos 🤔

I already got EOAE Villa, FB Fabregas and red Muniain to start. There is a lot of room to improve, but having two decent squads maybe can help a bit. The coins where for Futmass originally, but the fathers of my wife are coming to visiting next week, and my playtime could be low for the rest of December. I'm curious on the effect that SBC Messi will have on the market, so I'm saving the 400k at least for tonight 😂

That's a decent enough backline but the question is do they fit your style? Do you manually defend or semi manually? If you defend manually then get Militao (81 NIF is excellent) and Varane or Lenglet. Make sure you have your backs on "stay back when attacking". Make sure your wing backs are either H/H or M/H. High defending is important for positioning.

In my opinion you need a very strong CDM and Fabregas is not in that mould neither is Munian. Both are more attacking but not very strong at that too. Get Witsel with Shadow and pair him with Delaney (2 CDM formations). And if you play two strikers get a strong CAM otherwise Villa as CAM.
  • Senth6
    935 posts Professional
    Ask arsenal board
  • BadSeedsFC
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Senth6 wrote: »
    Ask arsenal board

No no no :'(
  • BadSeedsFC
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denz wrote: »
    Stop letting my little nephew play.

That's a hell of a run. Your points should lower to help with your opponents but I'd go back to basics.

Choose a formation you enjoy using, go balanced across the tactics and modify slightly after each game until you get them to suit your playstyle.
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »

Of course man.

Burki

That's a decent enough backline but the question is do they fit your style? Do you manually defend or semi manually? If you defend manually then get Militao (81 NIF is excellent) and Varane or Lenglet. Make sure you have your backs on "stay back when attacking". Make sure your wing backs are either H/H or M/H. High defending is important for positioning.

In my opinion you need a very strong CDM and Fabregas is not in that mould neither is Munian. Both are more attacking but not very strong at that too. Get Witsel with Shadow and pair him with Delaney (2 CDM formations). And if you play two strikers get a strong CAM otherwise Villa as CAM.

Thanks to both of you! ⚽️ ⚡️
  • GoodnightIrene
    4189 posts National Call-Up
    No joke I lost about 20 in a row yesterday, but once I finished self relegating the wins started flowing, I’d go from there.
  • munchie63
    3710 posts National Call-Up
    this is partly the usual game BS but also while there are player objectives available in rivals you will be playing people that have relegated themselves.

try using a different team for a few games, or look at your formation.
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buy fifa points
  • BadSeedsFC
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    rankon. wrote: »
    Buy fifa points

No way, José :|

Haven't bought a single FP in three years of FUT. Before that I was a career mode player (only offline). And I'm not going to get in that black hole just four months away from the birth of my first daughter. That's not an option :|
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Make a premier league gold only team for 28k
  • deejay85
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I had this yesterday. Went from beating near everyone I played with ease a couple of days ago then played yesterday, couldn’t get near the ball, other players doing insane skills and scoring screamers with defensive midfielders etc. had a break for a few hours went back and won each game after 🧐
  • NYCDYNAMIX
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just delete the game 👍🏻
  • WELSHLAD782
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Read your post sounded like you was talking about me lol, same issue loss after loss rage sold everything bought a decent team mainly french including kante,mbappe,if ben yedder, dembele, if griezmann, and still struggling to get wins,

I'm convinced that I'm playing players from higher leagues at times, does anyone know if it is possible to be playing people from different divisions in rivals ??
  • Durrani13
    Read your post sounded like you was talking about me lol, same issue loss after loss rage sold everything bought a decent team mainly french including kante,mbappe,if ben yedder, dembele, if griezmann, and still struggling to get wins,

I'm convinced that I'm playing players from higher leagues at times, does anyone know if it is possible to be playing people from different divisions in rivals ??

Yes definitely. Due to the recent objectives and icon swaps you are likely facing higher division players. It might be easier up in division one to be honest.
  • abhreebhu_45
    4502 posts National Call-Up
    Jump ahead n get back 😂
    Just play the way u are, eventually u will find worse opponent
  • abhreebhu_45
    4502 posts National Call-Up

Yes definitely. Due to the recent objectives and icon swaps you are likely facing higher division players. It might be easier up in division one to be honest.

Div 5 was easier than 6
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

My defense is...

IF Delaney -- Witsel
    Scream Guerreiro - Hernandez - Akanji - Cancelo

With fullbacks on join attack.

And I've been beating teams of IF Ronaldo IF Messi Neymar Icons.

Using 4231 2. Don't fully enjoy the formation, attack feels less fluid than ones i usually use, but it's getting results.