Headers

Brownian_Motion
380 posts Sunday League Hero
What’s going on this year? I’m a squad battle player, and there’s no way i can score a header from a cross or a corner. Last year, worked now and then but this year, nada. It’s a pity. The game play is poorer.

Comments

• Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    They've practically made heading redundant this year.
  • Brownian_Motion
    EA, bring it back please! (keeping it balanced)
  • Revolver_310
    436 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scored a few in career mode funnily enough but for the most part they are broken.
  • Diggy
    14659 posts Has That Special Something
    Every player has heading accuracy 10 or lower

But a large proportion of squad battle opponents goals are scored from headers weird eh?
  • RexAnglo1066
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    I managed to score my first headed goal yesterday, it was a special moment.
  • D0lvl
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    I've been scoring more headers since the previous patch to the last. I think it's been slightly buffed.
  • Brownian_Motion
    In 100-150 games, I scored maybe 4 times with headers. I keep trying though.
  • Empyrium7
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    EA don't know what balanced means.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1352 posts Professional
    I noticed i have an insane 830 games played. But i have easily scored over a hundred headers. Not the best option, but they do work. Corners though... Maybe 10 headers total from corners
  • newguy
    1879 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m scoring headers regularly in Squad Battles, can’t do it online though
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3976 posts National Call-Up
    I dont mind it at all. Literally corners are so easy to defend now. Also if the opponent goes out wide leave them there they cant do ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from there.
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    Probably one of the few times the community is ok with the game not being realistic. Headers have always been hated.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

I've scored quite a few headers.

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Probably one of the few times the community is ok with the game not being realistic. Headers have always been hated.

Yeah it waa really annoyinf. Headers were almost guaranteed goals.

SB AI has no problen spamming flick on headers to back post goal header every game tho.
  • joehuk
    4114 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    Every player has heading accuracy 10 or lower

But a large proportion of squad battle opponents goals are scored from headers weird eh?

This it's funny.

There pin point crosses are infuriating and powrer headers yet mine hit the corner flag more than on target.

Crosses is all I deal with against the AI they really do love running down the wing.
  • ChappellRovers
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Get Chris Smalling IF in at centre back. 38 headed goals from 154 games. Kane isn’t too bad either. I find the crossing is all wrong this year if when you are dribbling turn back just before you cross then cross off the weak foot it is a hell of a lot easier to score from headers. Don’t know why this works just noticed others doing it to me all the time lol.
  • Empyrium7
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    I dont mind it at all. Literally corners are so easy to defend now. Also if the opponent goes out wide leave them there they cant do **** from there.

that's why headers need to be fixed
  • BondJame5Collins
    1943 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019

Says who? Headed goals are fantastic and make certain players useable. I remember TOTS Mandzukic being incredible because of his aerial ability. Raul last year aswell. Scoring a bullet header gave me as much joy as scoring a finesse from outside the area. People abusing the El Tornado cross ruined it.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

Says who? Headed goals are fantastic and make certain players useable. I remember TOTS Mandzukic being incredible because of his aerial ability. Raul last year aswell. Scoring a bullet hearer gave me as much joy as scoring a finesse from outside the area. People abusing the El Tornado cross ruined it.

Exactly this. Scoring from a cross means a lot more to me than dribbling up the middle unrealistically.

Unfortunately that isnt what all the children EA depends on love. They love fancy moves.
  • BondJame5Collins
    1943 posts Fans' Favourite
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Says who? Headed goals are fantastic and make certain players useable. I remember TOTS Mandzukic being incredible because of his aerial ability. Raul last year aswell. Scoring a bullet hearer gave me as much joy as scoring a finesse from outside the area. People abusing the El Tornado cross ruined it.

Exactly this. Scoring from a cross means a lot more to me than dribbling up the middle unrealistically.

Unfortunately that isnt what all the children EA depends on love. They love fancy moves.

Yep. I played 532 last year with attacking full backs and really enjoyed creating openings for them to whip balls in. It was just nice to play a different style to others.
  • Brownian_Motion
    @ChappellRovers I’ve got Kane as one of my ST and my two CBs have good jump/heading accuracy but either the AI covers my players perfectly or the ball goes miles away.
  • ChappellRovers
    edited December 2019
    @ChappellRovers I’ve got Kane as one of my ST and my two CBs have good jump/heading accuracy but either the AI covers my players perfectly or the ball goes miles away.

Try doing the dribble back crossing to put the ball onto their weaker foot and put catalysts on your wingers (i have sterling totgs lw/sancho rtf rw) and putting Kane to stay central so he doesnt run to the winger for support. Also put your wingers to get into the box on crosses. For some reason crossing on the weak foot seems to do it for me balls in or around the 6 yard box everytime. If when your about to cross outside the box you turn around sprint a yard or two towards your half then cross, ball seems to just find Kane’s head. Before i did that the crosses were going out for throw ins or to the outside of the box. Had a lot more success with crosses from 4-4-2 as well.

Post edited by ChappellRovers on
  • ChappellRovers
    edited December 2019
    For corners i put it the otherside of the penalty spot with alexander-arnold (90 crossing) as my corner taker. Maybe 30% of the time the keeper gets it, the rest Smalling gets it and scores around 30% of the time. Again though I try and do it from the weaker foot only. The only goals from
    crosses online both for and against have come from the weaker foot. The AI seems to only defend for the stronger foot.
  • Brownian_Motion
    @ChappellRovers thanks for the tips.
  • Pewdiepie
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used to think it was not a problem...but hell nah heading is trash this year especially when the keeper rebounds it..instead of doing a low aiming header or power header it always does an arc one..and super slow...most of the time the keeper gets back up and gets a hand on it..and i have cr7 and martinez up top..i can only score from corners if i force it and a driven lob pass on a counter..other than that ..any other situation headers are useless..
  • Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    Not been funny here but why is it when playing squad battles we miss easy headers yet ai score every bloody header going !!!
    I don’t mind if ai has same impact as us surely that’s fair if we can’t head they can’t or if they can we should be able to !!!
    Rant over 😂
  • Orison
    54884 posts Ballon d'Or Winner

@RadioShaq it's actually pretty awful that ea can't differentiate between offensive and defensive headers. I'm ok with not scoring headers, but it's insane to not be able to clear balls that are in the air for example even if you have all the space in the world.
  • It's the player switching. Change it to manual and they work way better