The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

What happened to this community?

suxxio
633 posts Semi-Pro
Wasting time, celebrating every goal like a little bit** and all that.. Disgusting.
Worst community I know

Comments

• Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    It’s always been like this. Nothing happened to it.
  • A ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game for a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ community
  • Greezyweezy101
    1647 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its always been toxic but there seems to be this new thing of waiting to kick off for as long as possible. I dont understand it.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2760 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its always been toxic but there seems to be this new thing of waiting to kick off for as long as possible. I dont understand it.
    I do that when I’m sitting there pondering how I just conceded that goal, if it’s a fair goal I’ll kick off right away but some times I’ll sit there like, WTF haha
  • Layton8212
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shushing to the camera and never pressing a button when scoring is a key part in my game, if i go 2-0 up i put the pause in hoping they quit. Same again at 3-0, usually gets them out at that point
  • limjitwe
    7478 posts League Winner
    Layton8212 wrote: »
    Shushing to the camera and never pressing a button when scoring is a key part in my game, if i go 2-0 up i put the pause in hoping they quit. Same again at 3-0, usually gets them out at that point

Toxic
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    I do that when I’m sitting there pondering how I just conceded that goal, if it’s a fair goal I’ll kick off right away but some times I’ll sit there like, WTF haha

Yeah if you ever have an opponent do that it’s usually because their defenders were glitched or some dodgy **** went down during the goal.
  • CharlieC

You’re just a ****head
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2019
    I have no issue with people celebrating goals.

If you don't like it then that is your issue and not the person scoring, spoils to the victor and all that.
  • MIG40970
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If someone was taught to respect other people (and accept this as his/her own behavior), he/she would never do that. This type of behavior is utterly disrespectful, regardless of the aim (to annoy, to enjoy more, to ... idk) and it has no justification. This is for example something that I would use only with a very very good friend (if we are both into this), but not with a stranger. Why would I want to annoy a stranger? To Win? Why should I play online if I cannot win without this?

I was annoyed by this in more than 60% but now I have other things more annoying, so I kinda gave up on this. If someone is celebrating and watching replays I just try as hard as I can to score. I never quit for example, even if I'm down by 3 or more.

If the opponent wants to play, I am not scared to lose even 0:10. Usually I have something to learn from that opponent. If the opponent doesn't want to play, i do not play either, no use chasing the ball across field. I just pick a random player and direct it towards the opponents goal and so on until the game runs out.

Something not (or mildly) related to toxic behavior:

Today I played DR (on PC) against somebody with 8 icons and IF VVD, i think NIF Messi and NIF Neymar (not sure about that last one). He had Yashin on goal. The game started, he first made subs (Auba and KDB i think, do not know the third one) and scored pretty early, but overall wasn't that good (I am DIV7 at the moment). So around 20' minute I had a penalty. As I took a shot, he quits and I lose (obviously some cheat). BTW, Yashin saved the penalty.
  • CharlieC
    MIG40970 wrote: »
    If someone was taught to respect other people (and accept this as his/her own behavior), he/she would never do that. This type of behavior is utterly disrespectful, regardless of the aim (to annoy, to enjoy more, to ... idk) and it has no justification. This is for example something that I would use only with a very very good friend (if we are both into this), but not with a stranger. Why would I want to annoy a stranger? To Win? Why should I play online if I cannot win without this?

I was annoyed by this in more than 60% but now I have other things more annoying, so I kinda gave up on this. If someone is celebrating and watching replays I just try as hard as I can to score. I never quit for example, even if I'm down by 3 or more.

If the opponent wants to play, I am not scared to lose even 0:10. Usually I have something to learn from that opponent. If the opponent doesn't want to play, i do not play either, no use chasing the ball across field. I just pick a random player and direct it towards the opponents goal and so on until the game runs out.

Something not (or mildly) related to toxic behavior:

Today I played DR (on PC) against somebody with 8 icons and IF VVD, i think NIF Messi and NIF Neymar (not sure about that last one). He had Yashin on goal. The game started, he first made subs (Auba and KDB i think, do not know the third one) and scored pretty early, but overall wasn't that good (I am DIV7 at the moment). So around 20' minute I had a penalty. As I took a shot, he quits and I lose (obviously some cheat). BTW, Yashin saved the penalty.

Cool
  • SYMMO19
    1209 posts Professional

Love it when people do that...gives me time to rubberband my controller and turn over the TV. Wanna waste my time then i'll waste your's and make the game last forever! :)
  • Empyrium7
    3399 posts National Call-Up

why do you even play ?

do you play to enjoy the game or just to win and get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rewards ?
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone pausing in the hope I’m gonna quit gets an instant full pause back :D ... and a full walkoff outro at full time... honestly the hubris of some people trying to force rage quits..everyone knows that at 2-0 down the game engine is gonna do everything it can to give u a goal and stop ur opponent going further ahead ;) ....the best gameplay I’ve had is at 2 or 3 down...that’s when I’ve got most of my objectives done :D:D
  • rmoxon
    861 posts Semi-Pro

If you don't like it then that is your issue and not the person scoring, spoils to the victor and all that.

Some of the celebrations that people choose to use are dumb as hell though, it just makes them look like idiots.

• R1ckyDaMan19
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2019
    rmoxon wrote: »

Some of the celebrations that people choose to use are dumb as hell though, it just makes them look like idiots.

That's up to them, not you.

For the record I tend to skip celebrations and replays too.