Seasons Cup opens in 10 days??

I'm new to Online Seasons in this FIFA after quitting FUT last weekend.

On Monday I played the Shield Cup (lost in the finals) and now it says: "Cup window opens in 10 days"?? What's with this? Is this normal? I though I'd be able to play another cup at any time.

Can anybody explain how these Cups work?

Thanks!

Comments

• redsfan78
    56 posts Park Captain
    Usually you can just re-enter another cup after you get knocked out (by the way, I won an EA shield, I wonder if I played you in the final, I was Liverpool and I beat France 1-0), but anyway, if you don;t tell the game to create a new cup during the window, then you have to wait anotehr 10 days to enter a cup again, in the meantime, you need to play divisions and try not to get too angry when your team decides to stop playing. In truth, I think when your team decides to stop playing, you need to just go into Drop Back mode and hope to nick a goal or two via stupid defelections etc, because it becomes almost impossible during those periods to play a proper through ball, and the AI defenders seem to know always where you're going to go with the ball even when you're like completely clear in the box.
  • mmm1080
    79 posts Park Captain
    Am i rigth?

3 Years ago you could play cup every day.

One year later it was every week starting on friday.

Another year later once in 2 weeks starting on friday.

This years once in 2 weeks starting on saturday.

Now with friday skipped I can only play once on saterdays in 2 weeks
    (when I have no other appointments).

For sure I am not satisfied with these latest developments....
  • @redsfan78 Thanks for the info. I'm going on a trip and won't be back in 3 weeks so I won't be able to give a the Shield Cup another try. Sucks. And no, you didn't play me. I lost 3-1 and I was Tottenham. :)

So far I've only had weird gameplay in one game, a 1-1 draw. Coming from FUT it's been pretty easy so far, most people quit before the game is over. On the one hand, I'm progressing through the divisions, on the other hand, it's a little boring but once I get to my appropriate division it should get better. I wanted to do Cups in the mean time, but I guess not. Thanks, EA.

@mmm1080 That sucks. I don't understand why Cups aren't just free anytime like the rest of Seasons. What difference does it make, right??
  • hawky028
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    mmm1080 wrote: »
    Am i rigth?

its bcz Money Sucker and irresponsible EA want us to play FUT champions instead of season CUP...then u rage buy more Fifa Points win some matches and then again u rage and same cycle goes on.
  • hawky028 wrote: »
    mmm1080 wrote: »
    Am i rigth?

its bcz Money Sucker and irresponsible EA want us to play FUT champions instead of season CUP...then u rage buy more Fifa Points win some matches and then again u rage and same cycle goes on.

EXACTLY! its there way of trying to force us to play garbage FUT.
  • I've been playing FIFA since 2008 and I am really disappointed with EA sports. Until cup matches are open for good and a little more effort is put into the game modes that make the game fun, I will not be buying another EA product and I will encourage everyone I meet to do the same.