Gaming monitor

Antiseen
1383 posts Play-Off Hero
Guys can you please advice me Great not mad expensive gaming monitor for fifa. I’m playing on Xbox and want 1ms monitor. Prefer 27inches

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16709 posts World Class
    If its only for fifa I honestly wouldn't bother as it makes very little difference when the EA servers are so bad. If you play other games aswell though then it would be worth the upgrade.
  • A_Snipe
    3540 posts National Call-Up
    I use a basic asus monitor bought it for cod and it was perfect actually made me better at response and it’s only 5ms. Cost 200 bucks or something
  • Wi1son73
    3809 posts National Call-Up
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    I use a basic asus monitor bought it for cod and it was perfect actually made me better at response and it’s only 5ms. Cost 200 bucks or something

My partner got a free asus monitor from work, her boss used for gaming (PC)
    So I use it for Fifa, I would say it better than my normal tv, just feels smoother. but still have delay, sluggish gameplay. Which is on EA side
  • xFATAL
    5475 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    I use a Benq 27 inch 1ms response made for consoles specifically that I paid around $300 a few years ago directly through the Benq site. I'm sure they're much cheaper now and they may have more of a variety.
  • Phone
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've got a gaming monitor, wired connection, fibre broadband, wired controller, expensive hdmi and ethernet cables and still get lag, input delay etc....

Wouldn't bother spending loads, just get something basic so it's better than a tv. Not worth spending loads for something that won't help anyway
  • Covkilla91mob
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any asus that's not to pricey or big will do and defo inproves gaming on all factors
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    I use a benq from Amazon. What all the tournaments are run on and what the pros use.

1ms.

It does make a difference, but a very slight difference and it doesn’t make any difference at all to my results. I still finish around the same wins tv v monitor because the gameplay and server connection is awful.

You can go from a 50ms tv to a 1ms monitor but then still have 900ms to the servers. In fact it actually makes most difference to CoD.

I prefer a 24 inch if sitting close as more of the pitch stays in your natural field of vision so you don’t have to move your head
  • Foxsake
    3594 posts National Call-Up
    Pointless if just playing Fifa as we all know how awful serves r
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    24 inches is better if it's purely for gaming. Fifa wont be a huge difference but shooters absolutely will.

Anything under 5ms is fine. Most that claim 1ms aren't actually that.

AOC G2590VXQ is £130. Has amazing response time, V-sync so no tearing/blur which is prevalent in fifa and looks decent enough too.

Problem with fifa are the servers are trash so it wont help unless it's good gameplay.
  • A_Snipe
    3540 posts National Call-Up
    I’d like to add that a guy who sold me mine said don’t get aoc or acer. Even if it’s 1ms they’re not as good as other brands with slower response times. I’m not knowledgeable about this stuff but I can tell a flakey salesman when I see them and he wasn’t. Also the other ones were about 50-100 more
  • Dunkirk
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    BenQ is the best but like others have said, very little noticeable difference on FIFA due to their poverty servers and constant delay.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guys I decided to go with
    BenQ ZOWIE RL2755

Is it worth overpaying 50$ for benq over asus?