The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Divisions - WIN +10 Lose -50

Smsalnuaimi
1083 posts Professional
if you lose one . try wining at least 3 to 5 games to compensate !

Comments

• How about you draw a game and get -15, win and get +13! It's ridiculous in every way, DR.
  • A_Snipe
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    I said this last year I think. It makes no sense. Win a game 3-1 plus 35. Win a game 5-1 plus 25. Lose 1-0 minus 35. Makes no sense !!!
  • Wz000
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    I said this last year I think. It makes no sense. Win a game 3-1 plus 35. Win a game 5-1 plus 25. Lose 1-0 minus 35. Makes no sense !!!

Is this really how it is? Do you get more points by winning by a smaller margin?

I had noticed the difference in points but never paid attention just thought it was based on the difference in opponents, like the wind they have been on.
  • Gnomenclature
    5081 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty sure it's decided by skill points. If you have 1200 and beat someone with 1400 you will get more than you do if it's 1200 vs 1000.

Sometimes I draw and lose 5 points, other times I gain up to 9 point on a draw. It's a broken matchmaking mechanic to blame imo.
  • Orison
    53015 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Stop losing to player who are way below your skillrating then.
  • A_Snipe
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wz000 wrote: »
    A_Snipe wrote: »

Is this really how it is? Do you get more points by winning by a smaller margin?

I had noticed the difference in points but never paid attention just thought it was based on the difference in opponents, like the wind they have been on.

I was exaggerating but it seems like it’s that way since there’s no consistent numbers like if I win 3-1 I’ll gain 25 points but if I lose 3-1 I lose over 25 points it just doesn’t add up
  • RadioShaq
    15612 posts Moderator
    They explained it in the pitch notes. It depends on your opponents skill rating. Like others said you are losing to players who are was lower rated than you.
  • CarpeDiem
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    As above, the link below explains it. There is also a spreadsheet to work out your opponents skill rating.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/fifa/fifa-ultimate-team-division-rivals/#skill-rating
  • Jeremy295
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I made a post about this earlier and people didnt seem to understand what I was saying. You always seem to lose more points then you gain. Over I think it was a 6 game span I won 3 lost 3 and came out 15 or so points behind where I was, when you think it Should be breaking even.
  • Not if your playing players will less skillpoints than you, for example you have 1000 skill points you oppenent has 870 if you win you get 18 skillpoints if you lose you lose 50 skillpoints If you played 6 games and won 3 and lost 3 and were down 15 skillpoints at the end then ALL of your opponents had less skillpoints than you i:e they were ALL worst payers than you.
  • MDR123456
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    They explained it in the pitch notes. It depends on your opponents skill rating. Like others said you are losing to players who are was lower rated than you.

The problem is that often they are not actually, or shouldn't actually, be below your skill rating.
    They'd lessen a solid percentage of certain complaints if they would just fix the rating and match-up system so it's "fair and balanced". Currently, it's prone to manipulation and inaccuracy.