Why should a division 6 player or worse play Online FUT Draft?

1
Dutch007
3353 posts National Call-Up
edited December 2019
So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
It should be skill based or something to make matchmaking fair!

Post edited by Dutch007 on

Comments

  • TDOF
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Oh.... so you think they should add another “competive” mode..... because champs and rivals isn’t enough
  • what3v3r
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect
    not even champs should be skill based in my opinion
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    TDOF wrote: »
    Oh.... so you think they should add another “competive” mode..... because champs and rivals isn’t enough

    Just make Draft a game which all players can enjoy and not only the "good players" who can grind it..
  • Greezyweezy101
    1877 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im a div 4 gold 2/1 player an I dont touch draft anymore.

    Literally home of the pro's amd top players
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    Im a div 4 gold 2/1 player an I dont touch draft anymore.

    Literally home of the pro's amd top players

    Maybe EA can make the matchmaking based on Draft history
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.

    So the point is?
    To create an easy game mode for div1/2 players to grind packs and destroy lower division players :astonished:
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.

    So the point is?
    To create an easy game mode for div1/2 players to grind packs and destroy lower division players :astonished:

    The point is that it should match people up who have an equal record. So 1-0 plays 1-0 and so forth. That’s the entire point of a tournament or Swiss-based system. Having said that, I’m not even sure if Draft matches like that anyway so...
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.

    So the point is?
    To create an easy game mode for div1/2 players to grind packs and destroy lower division players :astonished:

    The point is that it should match people up who have an equal record. So 1-0 plays 1-0 and so forth. That’s the entire point of a tournament or Swiss-based system. Having said that, I’m not even sure if Draft matches like that anyway so...

    Thats what I said 1 post above your post:
    "Maybe EA can make the matchmaking based on Draft history"
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.

    So the point is?
    To create an easy game mode for div1/2 players to grind packs and destroy lower division players :astonished:

    The point is that it should match people up who have an equal record. So 1-0 plays 1-0 and so forth. That’s the entire point of a tournament or Swiss-based system. Having said that, I’m not even sure if Draft matches like that anyway so...

    Thats what I said 1 post above your post:
    "Maybe EA can make the matchmaking based on Draft history"

    You also said it should be skill based so maybe you should make your mind up? As they’re two different things.
  • Jdizzle
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, i'm tired of ea holding bad players hands.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    I've played 12 drafts this year and won one game :D far too hard for me
  • Chavez76
    6124 posts Big Money Move
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.

    So the point is?
    To create an easy game mode for div1/2 players to grind packs and destroy lower division players :astonished:

    The point is that it should match people up who have an equal record. So 1-0 plays 1-0 and so forth. That’s the entire point of a tournament or Swiss-based system. Having said that, I’m not even sure if Draft matches like that anyway so...

    Thats what I said 1 post above your post:
    "Maybe EA can make the matchmaking based on Draft history"

    thats exactly what it does ... you only go to the second round if you won one ?
    Unless you a livetime record, but that would be almost impossible to keep track off...
  • kraid
    5314 posts Big Money Move
    For gods sake why another game mode with match making. Just let me play the guy with the best connection, I don’t care what division they’re in.

    How about if you lose, you try and get better, rather then trying to make the game easier for yourself??
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    So much fun to lose in the first round every time :'(
    It should be skill based!

    No. Draft game modes should never have skill based matchmaking. That defeats the point of the draft.

    So the point is?
    To create an easy game mode for div1/2 players to grind packs and destroy lower division players :astonished:

    The point is that it should match people up who have an equal record. So 1-0 plays 1-0 and so forth. That’s the entire point of a tournament or Swiss-based system. Having said that, I’m not even sure if Draft matches like that anyway so...

    Thats what I said 1 post above your post:
    "Maybe EA can make the matchmaking based on Draft history"

    You also said it should be skill based so maybe you should make your mind up? As they’re two different things.

    If you lose in the first round every time than your not very skilled are you?..
  • JWNYsg
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because I got a free token
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    kraid wrote: »
    For gods sake why another game mode with match making. Just let me play the guy with the best connection, I don’t care what division they’re in.

    How about if you lose, you try and get better, rather then trying to make the game easier for yourself??

    So you think it's fair that people that can play a lot can grind draft and people that have little time on their hands and are not as good can not play it!?
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    Because I got a free token

    :D Only reason I played it this year
  • sturges12345
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    I’m a div 4 player and i’ve Won it once in about 20 attempts. In all my years of draft i’ve Won it twice in over 100 attempts. Ridiculous that gold 1 player has that poor of a ratio
  • kraid
    5314 posts Big Money Move
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    For gods sake why another game mode with match making. Just let me play the guy with the best connection, I don’t care what division they’re in.

    How about if you lose, you try and get better, rather then trying to make the game easier for yourself??

    So you think it's fair that people that can play a lot can grind draft and people that have little time on their hands and are not as good can not play it!?

    I think that sometimes you have to accept that other people are better then you at things. The reaction to that should be ‘how do I improve’ the reaction to that should not be ‘how do I change the whole system around to make this easier for myself’.

    It’s not unfair in any way that your skill level has a direct affect on your success rate, in fact I think it’s the fairest result you can have.

    I understand matchmaking in other scenarios where one player might have an inherent advantage like an icon team v a bronze team. But draft is the fairest game type, money and time spent don’t make a difference, it’s pretty much just skill.

    Imo leave it as it is.
  • Martin1905
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    I dont play drafts online as I'm nowhere near good enough but disagree completely that it should be skill based.

    There has to be at least one mode that isn't based on how good your team is.

    There is the option to play offline so the mode is open to everyone of every ability.

  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited December 2019
    Draft is the only casual mode left in the game, matchmaking should stay random.

    Edit: I'll also add that if your game is too competitive, you'll drive people away. Activistion are having this problem in Modern Warfare, are sending out surveys to ask why people have stopped playing. Their game is too competitive.

    A game should've a good mix of casual, competitive modes. Fifa needs another casual mode like bronze/silver/gold cups.
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    kraid wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    For gods sake why another game mode with match making. Just let me play the guy with the best connection, I don’t care what division they’re in.

    How about if you lose, you try and get better, rather then trying to make the game easier for yourself??

    So you think it's fair that people that can play a lot can grind draft and people that have little time on their hands and are not as good can not play it!?

    I think that sometimes you have to accept that other people are better then you at things. The reaction to that should be ‘how do I improve’ the reaction to that should not be ‘how do I change the whole system around to make this easier for myself’.

    It’s not unfair in any way that your skill level has a direct affect on your success rate, in fact I think it’s the fairest result you can have.

    I understand matchmaking in other scenarios where one player might have an inherent advantage like an icon team v a bronze team. But draft is the fairest game type, money and time spent don’t make a difference, it’s pretty much just skill.

    Imo leave it as it is.

    Lets mix Premier League and National Leagues in one competition, should be a lot of fun!
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    You can’t get better without losing, mate.
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    You can’t get better without losing, mate.

    Don't mind losing mate, I lose a lot! :D
    For me Draft is a fun way of making a tem I will never have and play a few games with, but playing a few = playing 1 most of the times...shouldn't be that way IMO.
  • Dibbe
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The draft matchmaking is fine.

    The problem is that it cost 15 000 coins to enter. Thats the issue, and thats why i dont play it as i usually go out at second round.

    Why cant they make it so i can buy a draft entry with my FUT champ point? As it is now im currently sitting on 1000 points and have 2000 points coming in on Thursday. Meaning those extra points i have is just going to waste as the cap is 2000 points. that is the most ❤️❤️❤️❤️ thing.

    Why not lets say buy a fut draft entry for 300 FUT champ point for en example.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    You can’t get better without losing, mate.

    Don't mind losing mate, I lose a lot! :D
    For me Draft is a fun way of making a tem I will never have and play a few games with, but playing a few = playing 1 most of the times...shouldn't be that way IMO.

    The problem is the cost, they really should add a point system where you get points from playing DR that you can spend towards draft.

    If they did that, the matchmaking pool would be larger and you could get matched to a more fair opponent. :smiley:
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    For gods sake why another game mode with match making. Just let me play the guy with the best connection, I don’t care what division they’re in.

    How about if you lose, you try and get better, rather then trying to make the game easier for yourself??

    So you think it's fair that people that can play a lot can grind draft and people that have little time on their hands and are not as good can not play it!?

    I think that sometimes you have to accept that other people are better then you at things. The reaction to that should be ‘how do I improve’ the reaction to that should not be ‘how do I change the whole system around to make this easier for myself’.

    It’s not unfair in any way that your skill level has a direct affect on your success rate, in fact I think it’s the fairest result you can have.

    I understand matchmaking in other scenarios where one player might have an inherent advantage like an icon team v a bronze team. But draft is the fairest game type, money and time spent don’t make a difference, it’s pretty much just skill.

    Imo leave it as it is.

    Lets mix Premier League and National Leagues in one competition, should be a lot of fun!

    The FA Cup does literally this.
  • Dutch007
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    For gods sake why another game mode with match making. Just let me play the guy with the best connection, I don’t care what division they’re in.

    How about if you lose, you try and get better, rather then trying to make the game easier for yourself??

    So you think it's fair that people that can play a lot can grind draft and people that have little time on their hands and are not as good can not play it!?

    I think that sometimes you have to accept that other people are better then you at things. The reaction to that should be ‘how do I improve’ the reaction to that should not be ‘how do I change the whole system around to make this easier for myself’.

    It’s not unfair in any way that your skill level has a direct affect on your success rate, in fact I think it’s the fairest result you can have.

    I understand matchmaking in other scenarios where one player might have an inherent advantage like an icon team v a bronze team. But draft is the fairest game type, money and time spent don’t make a difference, it’s pretty much just skill.

    Imo leave it as it is.

    Lets mix Premier League and National Leagues in one competition, should be a lot of fun!

    The FA Cup does literally this.

    Oh really?... :D
  • Dibbe
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    You can’t get better without losing, mate.

    Don't mind losing mate, I lose a lot! :D
    For me Draft is a fun way of making a tem I will never have and play a few games with, but playing a few = playing 1 most of the times...shouldn't be that way IMO.

    The problem is the cost, they really should add a point system where you get points from playing DR that you can spend towards draft.

    If they did that, the matchmaking pool would be larger and you could get matched to a more fair opponent. :smiley:

    Yeah, as i suggested. If i could use FUT champ points to buy draft entries then i would play draft.
Sign In or Register to comment.