The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Someone please tell me what’s going on

Wi1son73
2572 posts Fans' Favourite
Has anyone played this game after this patch??
Tell me what I can do to fix this shambles of a gameplay.
Can’t run, can’t break away, everything slow motion, passes seems to trickle to my players, even if I press it to the max! Balls loose, can’t get my player to get it... shooting is broken!!!

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Comments

• SabboLima
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA made it even worse - shockingly...lets all pray for a new developer. They really dont seem to care at least...
  • Revolver_310
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wait til they release a new patch next week that changes it back but also changes another 73 things.
  • WhiteDiamond23
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same here! WTF is this??
  • Wi1son73
    edited December 2019
    I’ve played this game all afternoon! and every game plays I have 20kg weights attached to every player I have on the pitch. Mixed with them playing with banana boots too.. can’t control a single god damn ball...
  • Dutchbandito
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Simulated gameplay
  • yosef167
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    have anyone felt that defenders doesnt tackle the ball anymore ? attackers go through them most of the time.. i couldnt defend at all
  • WhiteDiamond23
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    I’ve played this game all afternoon! and every game plays I have 20kg weights attached to every player I have on the pitch. Mixed with them playing with banana boots too.. can’t control a single god damn ball...

How is this possible?? Never played such a bad game.
  • limjitwe
    7462 posts League Winner
    Really? My results seems a lot better than yesterday. Maybe just my turn for EA to give me preferential treatment
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional
    It's awful. Hitting the post every game again. Players with 90+ passing firing the ball straight out of play, defenders with 90 strength losing physical battles with Vardy, rebound goals. Its worse than ever
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    To All:

A patch was released. That means that the network connections to the servers are going to be bogged down with everyone downloading the patch for a few days, hence the problems.

Should it be that way? No.
    Is it that way for EVERY patch? Yes.

There is there reality of it.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    To All:

A patch was released. That means that the network connections to the servers are going to be bogged down with everyone downloading the patch for a few days, hence the problems.

They use the same servers for game updates as they do for running the actual online matches? Surely even EA aren't that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ stupid
  • Cahir85
    2381 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hit the post more times yesterday than combined since the game came out.
  • Wi1son73
    Glad it’s not just me ...
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    PegLeg wrote: »
    To All:

They use the same servers for game updates as they do for running the actual online matches? Surely even EA aren't that **** stupid

OK...

1) "Surely even EA aren't that **** stupid" - this comment is funny on its face.... thank you for that.

but...

2) I did not say they are using the same servers, I said they are using the same bandwidth. I can put an update on an AWS S3 bucket for global download and have that traffic going over the same network segments and routes as the game play traffic running on the servers. With 50-100M downloads of 2GB patches every 2 weeks.... it is not hard to see why there is a correlation to patch releases and a serious uptick in the complaints of bad gameplay on this forum. It is darn near 1:1.
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    GK93 wrote: »
    It's awful. Hitting the post every game again.

I've hit 4 in one attack.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    PegLeg wrote: »
    To All:

They use the same servers for game updates as they do for running the actual online matches? Surely even EA aren't that **** stupid

OK...

1) "Surely even EA aren't that **** stupid" - this comment is funny on its face.... thank you for that.

but...

2) I did not say they are using the same servers, I said they are using the same bandwidth. I can put an update on an AWS S3 bucket for global download and have that traffic going over the same network segments and routes as the game play traffic running on the servers. With 50-100M downloads of 2GB patches every 2 weeks.... it is not hard to see why there is a correlation to patch releases and a serious uptick in the complaints of bad gameplay on this forum. It is darn near 1:1.

With the scaling options available on the cloud it would seem daft to have them sharing any part of the infrastructure, whether network connectivity, servers, whatever. Mind you most of the things EA do are daft