The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Patched this game to death

MeeseeksandDestroy
205 posts Sunday League Hero
I’ve seriously never seen a company that literally breaks their games and make the worst version possible with each passing update. How do you even do this? It seems harder to ruin a game than leave it how it was near launch. Imaging putting forth this much effort to destroy some project you’re working on. You would quickly realize how poor of a job you’re doing and you’d stop.

Comments

• Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    It's like Tom and Jerry

Find a problem, chase it and patch it. Unnecessary cause more problems and then need to patch them.

Literally just listen to the community. Better stable servers, less ai input and content. They're so petrified that kids will stop playing if they get beat.
  • Mattheos
    1443 posts Professional
    This games just crap.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Funnily enough I played the demo earlier at my nephew's. Was a nice reminder of what could have been and why I bought the game in the first place.

It's funny, when you compare the actual game behaviour with all the pre-release info from EA, it's unrecognisable now. Literally the only mechanic left is the crab walking (I'm not including nerfed headers as they just randomised them)
  • johnlaker62
    1302 posts Professional
    The first patch was the best. It is like this every year. I am sure ea has certain metrics that they use to adjust the game to where the average win loss ratio per player is as close to .5 as possible. In other words, make it progressively less skill based to the appropriate level to sell the most packs.
  • FCBlunt
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    It must be tough working on Fifa, everyday some people complain and their complaints contradict each other like:
    OMG this game is so slow / OMG why is the game so fast?!

OMG I can’t pass at all / OMG Ping Pong passing is back!

I can’t defend my defenders are crap / Defence is OP I can’t attack!

I can’t score a single goal! Shooting is broken / My opponent scores *insert type here* goal. Nerf shooting!

There’s no winng for any of us, not until someone grows some balls at EA and puts down a stable.
  • L1vingl1fe
    3984 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    It must be tough working on Fifa, everyday some people complain and their complaints contradict each other like:

I can’t score a single goal! Shooting is broken / My opponent scores *insert type here* goal. Nerf shooting!

There’s no winng for any of us, not until someone grows some balls at EA and puts down a stable.

This exactly... except I think you mean “puts down a stake”... unless stable is the vernacular where you are from
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

But bro it's exactly how the game is.

So now suddenly out of nowhere my players don't defend, they refuse to get goal side, and run behind every opponent; yet my opponents can have 8 in their box and AI trackling and tackling intercepting and blocking everything.

This is fact. It's not about git gud or whatever other nonsese. My players are playing and behaving completely differently not only to opponent's players, but also compared to themselves and how they previously played. When you have this there is no denying that the game is wildly broken.

It's not just me that experiences this.

Sure it's fine for you few who have perfect gameplay 24/7, but if any of you tried to play on one of our accounts you'd not win a single game. It's literally impossible.

This is insanely ridiculous. There's no game where this sort of massive swing in gameplay experience happens.

Why does this happen? We don't even get any kind of explanation. We just get another kit SBC.

There is zero consistency.
  • MHoney1234
    9999 posts Has That Special Something

First Patch minus rebound goals was a fun game
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

• MeeseeksandDestroy
    205 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah, so many of us said it was okay. We basically begged them to not do what they do every year and look what happened. Spit right in our faces with this.

• FCBlunt
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »

This exactly... except I think you mean “puts down a stake”... unless stable is the vernacular where you are from

I meant as in a standard, mate :smiley:

But bro it's exactly how the game is.

So now suddenly out of nowhere my players don't defend, they refuse to get goal side, and run behind every opponent; yet my opponents can have 8 in their box and AI trackling and tackling intercepting and blocking everything.

This is fact. It's not about git gud or whatever other nonsese. My players are playing and behaving completely differently not only to opponent's players, but also compared to themselves and how they previously played. When you have this there is no denying that the game is wildly broken.

It's not just me that experiences this.

Sure it's fine for you few who have perfect gameplay 24/7, but if any of you tried to play on one of our accounts you'd not win a single game. It's literally impossible.

This is insanely ridiculous. There's no game where this sort of massive swing in gameplay experience happens.

Why does this happen? We don't even get any kind of explanation. We just get another kit SBC.

There is zero consistency.

RNG, bro. RNG.

Damn right!