Best base icon in FIFA 20

KING_HENKE
1235 posts Professional
Who is it, and why?

Obviously Cruyff and Eusebio etc, but are there any icons where the base is arguably their best version?

Blanc maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• Senth6
    935 posts Professional
    Give a price range fool
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    Senth6 wrote: »
    Give a price range fool

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29cea0b6f374176178b07f653cbe7095c69bf995aa&rid=giphy.gif
  • Rolandinho
    1251 posts Professional
    89 Van Basten with Engine was crazy good
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    I really liked his PIM in 19.
  • H_Mus
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gattuso
  • Gnomenclature
    8025 posts League Winner
    Maybe seedorf? Not sure if his mid is m/m like the prime.,,,
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something
    Gattuso.
  • AjaxLegends
    4002 posts National Call-Up

No mid is h/m and def the best version.
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional

Better than the prime?
  • Rolandinho
    1251 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    Gattuso.

85 Gattuso was the best tackler after Vieira 88 for me, bullies everyone. I should have played more with him
  • AjaxLegends
    4002 posts National Call-Up
    KING_HENKE wrote: »

Better than the prime?

Can’t say right now but based off last year I regretted selling the 88 and doing his PIM. The mid was a lot more involved.
  • Gnomenclature
    8025 posts League Winner

Better than the prime?

Can’t say right now but based off last year I regretted selling the 88 and doing his PIM. The mid was a lot more involved.

Yeah I had his Pim last year - the baby was better...
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Base best is up there
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    kraid wrote: »
    Base best is up there

Great call
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Gotta be Zidane
  • Bapinho
    3617 posts National Call-Up
    Im confused. Are you asking what the best base icon is out of all the other base icons or are you asking which base icon is better then their middle/prime version? If its the last one just go to futbin and search for icons and search for their price. The ones where the baby is worth more then the middle is probably better (some exceptions due to position changes)
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    Bapinho wrote: »
    Im confused. Are you asking what the best base icon is out of all the other base icons or are you asking which base icon is better then their middle/prime version? If its the last one just go to futbin and search for icons and search for their price. The ones where the baby is worth more then the middle is probably better (some exceptions due to position changes)

Sorta both, I suppose. Just people’s general opinion on base icons this year and who they like.
  • Bapinho

Sorta both, I suppose. Just people’s general opinion on base icons this year and who they like.

I used Cruyff and Matthaus baby versions and they both are total beasts :). Now waiting for prime Cruyff to come out so i can get him. I do use Matthaus as CM though; swap him with middle Desailly ingame. could recommend 10/10
  • kayron16
    2562 posts Fans' Favourite

Not many base icons are better. The two that are completely poo compared to the mid versions are R9 and Gullit though. Wouldn’t touch the baby versions for those prices.

Icon market is insane atm too. Wouldn’t look at getting any of the desirable ones until the primes come out
  • Chewbaccary
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I could choose any one to get for free, I would probably take Pele.
  • GL
    15754 posts World Class
    Gattuso

Arguably Rio because of pace and agility

Best is up there too
  • Bapinho
    kayron16 wrote: »

Not many base icons are better. The two that are completely poo compared to the mid versions are R9 and Gullit though. Wouldn’t touch the baby versions for those prices.

Icon market is insane atm too. Wouldn’t look at getting any of the desirable ones until the primes come out
    Have you used baby Vieira? After using baby gullit i didnt want to lose coins on tax again for finding out a baby version is nowhere near to the other ones but still kinda curious how baby Vieira is?
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can only go on last years icons, baby cruyf was better than mid but not as good as prime,

Maradonas bass was his best card last year, I’d say even better than his pim, but by time I did his pim maybe it was more a case of me playing god squads every game.

Gerrards mid card was his best,

That’s all Iv got I’m afraid,
  • johnlaker62
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’d take Pelé and then Eusebio our of the lot.
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got pele today, and I got red ronaldo the other week from gold 1 player pick, I actually love ea a little at the moment 🙈. Lol I’m Sorry.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used Hagi in draft and was really impressed with him played much better then a 85 that's for sure, great forward runs.
  • Jeff2extreme
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Base Zola, Nedved and Del Piero are all fantastic, pick em in drafts and they just Breeze through opposition defence.
  • Invincibility
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    I got base Del P from the Icon pack his pace is better then his middle so happy with my pull saves me 1.5M on a ST