E.A Are Beyond A Joke.

TacticalTugTeam
1366 posts Professional
edited November 2019
So you release a patch that supposedly improved shooting?..

Shooting is no different.. Shooting is no better, sometimes it flys in other times you hit the post or the keeper pulls off stupid saves.

Dribbling is even worse, FIFA20 was trash before this patch but after it's arguably even worse.

If anybody thinks this game is acceptable then you need your head examined.

The last good FIFA games which had a skillgap were 15 & 16.

E.A are beyond a joke now too incompetent to make a decent Football game.

I'm surprised if even the noobs who play this game enjoy it.. when there's so much RNG involved, I played a Head2Head game earlier.. I was through on goal with M'bappe.. 3 yards ahead of Pique & he somehow caught up to me hahahah :D E.A LOGIC.

We're done for.

Close this shi* down.

Comments

• ArneMueller
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Happens to me a lot too, every defender regardless who, it is catches up with my Wingers (Sane, Gnarby or Coman does not matter) they catch up with me 95% of the time.

And the passing is also an horror. Since Fifa 16 it does not matter if you press the long pass or the short pass key the CPU decides that a long pass is not good at the moment and plays a short pass.
    The long pass should be played with speed and to the position where my player will be an 0.5 - 1 sec. and not where he currently is.

But passing in general is a mess, even with the new patch from today (PS4) its still stupid errors in the passing game, that I quit the game after 4 tries. My defenders pass the ball to the opponent striker in front of my box not once, not twice almost every time if he is passing the ball forward in the direction to my CDM. Drove me crazy, so i rage quit FIFA 20.

The developers should be forced to train with an youth squad U13 or U15 and let the coaches (of this youth team) explain to them you football really works. The game play at the current state is something else but not football and no fun.

At the moments Fifa 20 makes absolute no fun anymore :'(
  • Ibracadabra86
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You can't pass forward in this stupid game
  • why so many shots off the post? its ridiculous!
  • hawky028
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dude can u show any Miss shot video from ur replay? without video proof dont scream....we all know shooting depends on so many things composure/angle/Weakfoot etc.
    Only problem is Delay/Dropback +1 depth abusers
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1366 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    hawky028 wrote: »
    dude can u show any Miss shot video from ur replay? without video proof dont scream....we all know shooting depends on so many things composure/angle/Weakfoot etc.

Everyone knows that shooting in FIFA20 inside the box is inconsistent.

There doesn't need to be video evidence/replays of this... goalkeepers at times make superman saves, & simple chances inside the box can hit the post or even be misses.

• J79B
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah agree!
    Even worse after the patch.. its a joke!
    Still, we have like 20-2-1in Co-op.
    Butt sometimes we are having trouble against a duo that are like 20-1-50 or so... Yep it's even worse then last year! You know the word..
  • hawky028 wrote: »

if you dont think there is an unrealistically high amount of shots off the post for a footbsll game in Fifa 20 then you dont know football games. also many times players with very high finishing stats dont even hit the target when shooting what should be a low pressure, undefended shot.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1366 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    hawky028 wrote: »

if you dont think there is an unrealistically high amount of shots off the post for a footbsll game in Fifa 20 then you dont know football games. also many times players with very high finishing stats dont even hit the target when shooting what should be a low pressure, undefended shot.

Yeah exactly... this guy is clearly trolling or doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, shooting is inconsistent inside the box.. but I bet E.A made shooting RNG to keep the scores down.. if shooting was more consistent the so called "noobs" would get exposed more.. Literally.. I uninstalled FIFA20 since the patch last week.. The game is so bad.. you're unable to dribble/turn direction quickly.. the game is nearly as bad as FIFA19.. without the broken mechanics like Timed Finishing, back post crosses were easy to score than a 1v1 vs the keeper.

The only good thing I can think of when it comes to FIFA20 is pretty much all the goals you score requires to be inside the box... even though shooting is fu**ed..

FIFA19 was a 1/0

FIFA20 is not much better maybe a 2/10..

Just like FIFA19.. which I uninstalled in October last year.. i've now uninstalled FIFA20 at the end of November...

We all just want a DECENT Football game which is rewarding but E.A are clearly incompetent.

I used to troll these forums back in FIFA17 & FIFA18 which weren't great games either let's be real.. but they were still way better than the atrocity's of FIFA19 & FIFA20.. <-- Worst FIFA'S ever.

But now E.A have well and truly ended me on these forums.. I can't be positive anymore because the state of FIFA is a disgrace.. how this game is even COMPETITIVE is a farce.. the minimal skill-gap, broken gameplay.

Good luck to everyone playing this shi* show of a game for the next year.

I hope when I come back onto these E.A Forums in the future the FIFA community are more positive as people actually like the gameplay just like the days of FIFA15 & FIFA16 where yes the games were deemed as arcady and fast but atleast if you were much better than your opponent you'd win 99% of the time.. there was a skill-gap there unlike now.

Time for TacticalTugTeam to leave the E.A Forums until E.A bring back the fun of past FIFA'S.. :(

• hawky028 wrote: »

Yeah exactly... this guy is clearly trolling or doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, shooting is inconsistent inside the box.. but I bet E.A made shooting RNG to keep the scores down.. if shooting was more consistent the so called "noobs" would get exposed more.. Literally.. I uninstalled FIFA20 since the patch last week.. The game is so bad.. you're unable to dribble/turn direction quickly.. the game is nearly as bad as FIFA19.. without the broken mechanics like Timed Finishing, back post crosses were easy to score than a 1v1 vs the keeper.

The only good thing I can think of when it comes to FIFA20 is pretty much all the goals you score requires to be inside the box... even though shooting is fu**ed..

FIFA19 was a 1/0

FIFA20 is not much better maybe a 2/10..

Just like FIFA19.. which I uninstalled in October last year.. i've now uninstalled FIFA20 at the end of November...

We all just want a DECENT Football game which is rewarding but E.A are clearly incompetent.

I used to troll these forums back in FIFA17 & FIFA18 which weren't great games either let's be real.. but they were still way better than the atrocity's of FIFA19 & FIFA20.. <-- Worst FIFA'S ever.

But now E.A have well and truly ended me on these forums.. I can't be positive anymore because the state of FIFA is a disgrace.. how this game is even COMPETITIVE is a farce.. the minimal skill-gap, broken gameplay.

Good luck to everyone playing this shi* show of a game for the next year.

I hope when I come back onto these E.A Forums in the future the FIFA community are more positive as people actually like the gameplay just like the days of FIFA15 & FIFA16 where yes the games were deemed as arcady and fast but atleast if you were much better than your opponent you'd win 99% of the time.. there was a skill-gap there unlike now.

Time for TacticalTugTeam to leave the E.A Forums until E.A bring back the fun of past FIFA'S.. :(

to be fair im an average player at best, but i do know when my shot should at least be on target. the shooting, heading, and tackling in Fifa 20 is horrendous.
  • I've only played 20 games in head-to-head seasons and after a initial adjustment due to defending being different I think it's a much better game than FIFA19. I've been playing FIFA since '94 (I'm old).

Obviously you have to make adjustments year in and year out. It's better than the sh*tsh*w of FIFA15 and FIFA16 that awarded low sill players who played a 3 man front speed game.

FIFA19 was heavily slanted to low skill players. So far in head-to-head seasons I am 18 - 1 with my one loss being to a player who had a terrible glitchy connection.

Almost every game has been a walkover for me so far, I've score 3+ goals a game (and outside the box multiple times). Once I take a 3-0 lead the opponent seems to quit much faster this year. more than 75% of my games my opponent quit. After initially being leaky on the defensive end the first five games I changed the way I play defense and have given up less than 3 shots in half my games (I think I had 4 games giving up zero shots).

Maybe my opinion will change but there is a big increase in skill gap between FIFA 19 and 20. Thankfully the days of playing low skill counter attack players from FIFA15 and 16 are becoming a thing of the past (Ronaldo, Bale, Doumbia when he played at AS Roma). Low skilled players always took Roma and Real Madrid in FIFA15 and 16.
  • I've only played 20 games in head-to-head seasons and after a initial adjustment due to defending being different I think it's a much better game than FIFA19. I've been playing FIFA since '94 (I'm old).

Obviously you have to make adjustments year in and year out. It's better than the sh*tsh*w of FIFA15 and FIFA16 that awarded low sill players who played a 3 man front speed game.

FIFA19 was heavily slanted to low skill players. So far in head-to-head seasons I am 18 - 1 with my one loss being to a player who had a terrible glitchy connection.

Almost every game has been a walkover for me so far, I've score 3+ goals a game (and outside the box multiple times). Once I take a 3-0 lead the opponent seems to quit much faster this year. more than 75% of my games my opponent quit. After initially being leaky on the defensive end the first five games I changed the way I play defense and have given up less than 3 shots in half my games (I think I had 4 games giving up zero shots).

Maybe my opinion will change but there is a big increase in skill gap between FIFA 19 and 20. Thankfully the days of playing low skill counter attack players from FIFA15 and 16 are becoming a thing of the past (Ronaldo, Bale, Doumbia when he played at AS Roma). Low skilled players always took Roma and Real Madrid in FIFA15 and 16.

actually i respectfully disagree with you. i dont see very much of a skill gap in Fifa 20. i think that way too much of an advantage is given to the higher rated payers and teams, regardless of your own skill level. if youre playing with a 4.5 star team and are matched against Barca, you are likely in for a very difficult time. couple that with the fact that you can be clearly more skilled than your opponent, and have a decent lead very late in the game, but chances are very high that the losing team will come back get a result, especially if they have a team of equal or higher rating. in other words almost no lead is safe, even against clearly less skilled players. sometimes i even have players continuously slide tackle the entire game because they obviously cant perform a standup tackle. yet they still are able to get a result vs me.
  • JACKALSPINELLI
    5 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 2020
    actually i respectfully disagree with you. i dont see very much of a skill gap in Fifa 20. i think that way too much of an advantage is given to the higher rated payers and teams, regardless of your own skill level. if youre playing with a 4.5 star team and are matched against Barca, you are likely in for a very difficult time. couple that with the fact that you can be clearly more skilled than your opponent, and have a decent lead very late in the game, but chances are very high that the losing team will come back get a result, especially if they have a team of equal or higher rating. in other words almost no lead is safe, even against clearly less skilled players. sometimes i even have players continuously slide tackle the entire game because they obviously cant perform a standup tackle. yet they still are able to get a result vs me. [/quote]

I've played vs Barca a dozen times so far and have kept Messi scoreless. In all of except one game I've dominated Barca with more than half the players quiting the game before half.

I've only blown one lead out of 25 and that was because of myself. I am 45 and my hand speed in gone, it's very hard to stay competitive versus people 20 or more years younger than me. They get to play the games 10times more than me, are faster at controls and just overall have a big competitive advantage due to these facts.

The goals I gave up was when I had possession and a touch of time on the ball with a easy pass to make and decided to either get around a player or try a more difficult pass. I got pressed, turned it over and was scored on. This has happened to me a few times. Outside of this I've been giving up very few goal scoring chances every few games.

The most annoying thing is the shot block back to player for a shot block back to player and goal. I swear that more than half the goals scored versus me is that combo.

Overall it's a way better game than that twit who thought FIFA15 and 16 were awesome compared to 20. Obviously the noob is a low skill player who plays one way and when the new version of FIFA came out, he couldn't adapt and took his ball home crying like a baby.

Post edited by JACKALSPINELLI on
  • actually i respectfully disagree with you. i dont see very much of a skill gap in Fifa 20. i think that way too much of an advantage is given to the higher rated payers and teams, regardless of your own skill level. if youre playing with a 4.5 star team and are matched against Barca, you are likely in for a very difficult time. couple that with the fact that you can be clearly more skilled than your opponent, and have a decent lead very late in the game, but chances are very high that the losing team will come back get a result, especially if they have a team of equal or higher rating. in other words almost no lead is safe, even against clearly less skilled players. sometimes i even have players continuously slide tackle the entire game because they obviously cant perform a standup tackle. yet they still are able to get a result vs me.

I've played vs Barca a dozen times so far and have kept Messi scoreless. In all of except one game I've dominated Barca with more than half the players quiting the game before half.

I've only blown one lead out of 25 and that was because of myself. I am 45 and my hand speed in gone, it's very hard to stay competitive versus people 20 or more years younger than me. They get to play the games 10times more than me, are faster at controls and just overall have a big competitive advantage due to these facts.

The goals I gave up was when I had possession and a touch of time on the ball with a easy pass to make and decided to either get around a player or try a more difficult pass. I got pressed, turned it over and was scored on. This has happened to me a few times. Outside of this I've been giving up very few goal scoring chances every few games.

The most annoying thing is the shot block back to player for a shot block back to player and goal. I swear that more than half the goals scored versus me is that combo.

Overall it's a way better game than that twit who thought FIFA15 and 16 were awesome compared to 20. Obviously the noob is a low skill player who plays one way and when the new version of FIFA came out, he couldn't adapt and took his ball home crying like a baby.

[/quote]

im 42 and i still disagree with you. this Fifa has even more goals scored against the run of play than any Fifa i can remember. and dont even get me started on the number of shots that hit the post. Fifa 20 is a joke. i do still play it because despite its many fkaws its still pretty fin, but dont count on getting a fair result based on the way you play in the game.
  • DarkMac
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still playing ?
  • J79B
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, the game is not fair.. feeding the casuals..
    Post edited by J79B on
  • Dunkirk
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    so f-cking bad.....an embarrassment to the sport