The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

What formation for the most chances?

Vinny1979
5294 posts Big Money Move
So I have a front 3 of giggs, C Ronaldo and best and im bored of ronaldo.

Its been great doing a united team, he scores goals but is boring, best is fun.

I have also noticed with 3 up top LW st RW I seem to be very limited in my build up play.

I need a formation thats gives me one two poortunities and runners.

Will move best to ST if necessary and bench giggs, flog CR7.

Thinking Maradona again?

Comments

• Chappy
    3359 posts National Call-Up
    I use 41212 narrow. Best and Messi play really well off of each other up top. Both of them are fast enough to capitalize if my opponent pulls a CB out of position. Best also gets a lot of opportunities that result from my opponent overplaying Messi and trying to prevent him from making plays.
  • McRaven
    5367 posts Big Money Move
    Vinny1979 wrote: »
    So I have a front 3 of giggs, C Ronaldo and best and im bored of ronaldo.

Its been great doing a united team, he scores goals but is boring, best is fun.

I have also noticed with 3 up top LW st RW I seem to be very limited in my build up play.

I need a formation thats gives me one two poortunities and runners.

Will move best to ST if necessary and bench giggs, flog CR7.

Thinking Maradona again?

I play 4-3-3 (4) and do a lot of one two's with the CAM and ST. The wingers work well if you put the width not too wide.
  • Chappy
    3359 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    I actually got scored on multiple times by headers from long crosses during FUT champs this past week. Maybe headers work now, making 433 formations better?

Not sure I’ve even scored a single header goal this year.. :D
  • Vinny1979
    5294 posts Big Money Move
    Oh I score plenty of headers. just bored of wingers and cr7
  • Scutch
    13246 posts Has That Special Something
    I play 4231 as it’s probably the most balanced but the formation I used to have the most opportunities with was 41212(2). Was always well into double figures for shots on goal.
  • GeTRiGhT
    10261 posts Has That Special Something
    It's weird. I hate wide formations bc I play through the middle but when I switch to the 433(4) my CaM and striker somehow start creating a ton of chances. It's crazy.

You'd think narrow 41212 or 4222 would create more if I'm a narrow player but it doesn't.

433(4) is my best offensive formation
  • freakjas
    7586 posts League Winner
    If you just wanna create chances go for 3412. loads of players up top and you‘ll have a lot of fun scoring
  • Hollandman
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    Finding 442(2) really good. You can do 1-2s with their strikers or just run with your rm lm