The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Got bored with FIFA 20 so bought an electric Piano

Torn4do
1037 posts Professional
edited November 2019
Like the title says.

Not wasting anymore time with weekend leagues and SB for rubbish rewards, going to try and do something more constructive and learn an instrument! Will still play the odd DR game in the week but not wasting too much time on a terrible game!!

Has anyone else taken up a new hobby in place of fifa?

Comments

• Queens11
    1941 posts Play-Off Hero
    Torn4do wrote: »
    Like the title says.

Not wasting anymore time with weekend leagues and SB for rubbish rewards, going to try and do something more constructive and learn an instrument! Will still play the odd DR game in the week but not wasting too much time on a terrible game!!

Well done man
    I just got my life back 2 weekends ago bud honestly couldn’t feel better
    Rewards this year have proved I’m missing nothing by not playing so no point aggravating the life out of myself playing maybe 20-30 hours per a week for 82 rated discards week after week
    I still play but very casual 2 games of bs delay is enough at a time now then it’s switched off
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    The last two fifas I've stopped playing around january.

Usually get worn out by the end of the year and revitalised for the next one.

Your mental health not playing this game instantly improves tbh
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    Queens11 wrote: »
    Torn4do wrote: »
    Like the title says.

Well done man
    I just got my life back 2 weekends ago bud honestly couldn’t feel better
    Rewards this year have proved I’m missing nothing by not playing so no point aggravating the life out of myself playing maybe 20-30 hours per a week for 82 rated discards week after week
    I still play but very casual 2 games of bs delay is enough at a time now then it’s switched off

This was exactly my thought too, 20-30 hours a week of frustration due to poor gameplay, so invested £300 in something that interests me - love music.

Thought all the time wasted when I could learn something that with the amount of hours I waste on Fifa I could become decent at!

Like I say I will still log on for the odd game here and there but only for a bit of fun, if it’s terrible then switch off mid game and not worry about WL, DR league levels etc!

It is so nice not feeling like having to play WL, I’m guessing you made the right decision too!

I’m thinking 6 months time I will be able to play some Songs I enjoy listening to....... it I could have an 87 walkout in my team 😂😂😂
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    Aspral wrote: »
    The last two fifas I've stopped playing around january.

Usually get worn out by the end of the year and revitalised for the next one.

Your mental health not playing this game instantly improves tbh

That’s so true about the mental health, the reason it affects people I think is because you are playing another human (You think subliminally that the next match will favour you!), when the gameplay is one sided it mentally affects anyone, if it was against the CPU we’d all just give up a week into it! It’s a terrible game for one sided bias!
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    Thread title of the day.

Haha absolutely, would be even funnier if it wasn’t true.

Imagine what you could do or become good at if you spent less time on Fifa, that was basically my thinking! 😂😂

F&@k Fifa....... learn an instrument!

That should be the next strap line for EA! 🙈
  • AliasMaurice
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well I got a new PC today so when I've set it up and installed everything I'll be back onto cubase more.

Had to sell my studio last few years so only 1 synthesizer at the moment.

If you've an electric piano. Check out some free software online. Get into the recording side as well.

If you want any advice on software then ask.
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    Well I got a new PC today so when I've set it up and installed everything I'll be back onto cubase more.

Had to sell my studio last few years so only 1 synthesizer at the moment.

If you've an electric piano. Check out some free software online. Get into the recording side as well.

If you want any advice on software then ask.

That would be great thanks, I bought a Casio cdp s100.

So mainly just a piano style.

• Lackosweat
    6499 posts Big Money Move
    I only play Pro Clubs with my mates these days.

Btw, I’m really into drumming. Might try it out soon.
  • A_Snipe
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck on the piano. I tried learning once. I’m not very musically talented though. My right hand can do the job but when I introduced the left. It was all down hill. I liked the trumpet more. Only needed 3 buttons to push
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Money well spent. At least you do not have to buy next years version for they the same experience or have 20 updates to it so that it performs differently nearly every time you play it.

Mostly manual controls too.

Solid investment for years of use.

• TheTruth23
    58 posts Park Captain
    Haha, I borrowed a harmonica and I am learning atm. Funny that someone had a similar idea. Good luck and stay motivated. One day we will make a band😂
    Former Fut addicts😂
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    Good luck on the piano. I tried learning once. I’m not very musically talented though. My right hand can do the job but when I introduced the left. It was all down hill. I liked the trumpet more. Only needed 3 buttons to push

Cheers pal, I’ve just been doing a few of the basics....

I do have in the back of my mind a worry about two hands too haha
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    edited November 2019
    TheTruth23 wrote: »
    Haha, I borrowed a harmonica and I am learning atm. Funny that someone had a similar idea. Good luck and stay motivated. One day we will make a band😂
    Former Fut addicts😂

Harmonica, very nice! Slightly more portable
    too haha!!!

Tell what is taking a long time to get used to..... when I press a key.... it makes a sound straight away.... when I press multiple ones they too seem to make a sound...... so strange getting used to no ‘key’ delay ...... it’s really odd, the machine does exactly what I instruct it to do!! 😂😂😂