Base Icon SBC

McSwigan
172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Anyone think it’s worth it? I’d be a little annoyed had I used icon swaps for the base pack and then this dropped.

Comments

• RageRambler
    1133 posts Professional
    Based on all the videos I watched, you have about a 65% chance of getting an icon valued at 600k+

I did two. First pull was Best, who is around 1.1 mil, 2nd was Bobby Moore valued at around 320k.
    So, my gamble paid off.
    Good luck if u do it.🤞
  • LiveDogs
    978 posts Professional
    YES it is worth it.

Pulled George Best who is going for 1M. Up 600k on the investment.

If you look around youtube most people are getting great players from this.
  • McSwigan
    Based on all the videos I watched, you have about a 65% chance of getting an icon valued at 600k+

I did two. First pull was Best, who is around 1.1 mil, 2nd was Bobby Moore valued at around 320k.
    So, my gamble paid off.
    Good luck if u do it.🤞

It’s repeatable? Didn’t realize that.
  • RageRambler
    1133 posts Professional
    McSwigan wrote: »

So, my gamble paid off.
    Good luck if u do it.🤞

It’s repeatable? Didn’t realize that.

Yes It's repeatable. I'd do 2 if u have the extra coins, amd hope you hit one at least one of them.
  • juliuscaesar8
    1872 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’d just use or save the 500k towards someone you know is good.
  • Gnomenclature
    8218 posts League Winner
    I’d just use or save the 500k towards someone you know is good.

650k on Xbox right now... People are mad to do this unless you're bored and have coins to spare... At 450k it'd be doable.
  • Retropoe82
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2019
    Sack that. With primes an xmas around the corner id rather save coins an players
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    Rather save players for Futmas and other SBCs. David Villa looks more better option than getting Moore or Nakata.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    LiveDogs wrote: »
    YES it is worth it.

Pulled George Best who is going for 1M. Up 600k on the investment.

If you look around youtube most people are getting great players from this.

youtube ffs come on most of them open about 20 and only show u the best ones it’s all about the lines and views lol
  • SirBarley
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly... many of the youtubers have opened many many packs and only show you the good ones. I did 3 base icon packs and got laudrop, lampard, ruud van nistelrooy. be warned
  • McSwigan
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    Rather save players for Futmas and other SBCs. David Villa looks more better option than getting Moore or Nakata.

Did Villa because the market is way up right now. Couldn’t afford to do the 87 rated squads. Trying to grind Serie A and EPL storyline players so haven’t used him yet but looks promising. Should pair well with flashback Mata.
  • vjake
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    I got 85 Laudrup LOL. Tbh he's bossing the midfield at CM so can't complain too much, but still rubbish. It cost me 300k as I had high rated rubbish untradeables.
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up

So, my gamble paid off.
    Good luck if u do it.🤞

65%!!! No chance I'm afraid.

Well done on Best though, I think it may be skewing your statistics, that, along with YTers selectively showing their amazing pulls, but keeping the crap ones on the low.
  • CharlieC
    7428 posts League Winner
    Buy something you can sell. Why anyone would tie up coins in an sbc like this is beyond me.
  • NornIron
    15541 posts World Class
    The thing about Best is he is around 900k already so another 300k and you could of tried and sold him anytime.
  • TheMightyBee
    4046 posts National Call-Up
    I'm waiting for prices to drop and then I will do it, inpatient people overpay.
  • greggles
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    sold my rttf martial to do this, got henry xD only got tempted to do it because i seen around 50 packs being opened yet not 1 goali.
  • Redzed71
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Did one and fortunately got Del Piero.
    Only did it as I had a load of high rated untradeables,,wouldn't have done it with coins..
  • Azzaaa_f
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Got blanc well happy with that!
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »
    The thing about Best is he is around 900k already so another 300k and you could of tried and sold him anytime.

Exactly!
    3 weeks of champs and rivals and you’ve got that just from coins, without opening any packs, and you can sell him...
    and the SBC still won’t be expired...
  • mjgrays
    51 posts Park Captain
    I’ve had 2 mates do this, one got Lehmann one got Overmars. The one who got Lehmann has quit the game!

Has anyone on here got a duplicate yet?That’s what’s stopping me from trying, far too risky for me. I can still remember the pain of having to quick sell Auba last year when he was worth £300k

EA should implement something to stop this happening with something as expensive as this is. You could end up spending 650k with no reward, that is just plain wrong.
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    had suffiecent spare coins and untradeable players so done 2

first flag English, St bloody shearer
    opened second, English flag, st FML not shearer, ended up being wright

suffering from buyers remorse quite badly now
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    Fatmanc wrote: »

Sorry to hear that bud, it's important that you post this, as often we only read about good pulls, and this creates the wrong impression, as is clearly the case with a couple of posts in this thread.
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    Stevo_CT wrote: »

Sorry to hear that bud, it's important that you post this, as often we only read about good pulls, and this creates the wrong impression, as is clearly the case with a couple of posts in this thread.

watched all the YTers and tbh that's what convinced me, but hey ho learnt lesson the hard way I suppose

Did complete the Villa card tho and that is really worth the coins IMO
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    I did it twice since I had a lot of the players sitting in my club by buying them at super low points for later on. The first one I got Pires, second one I got Carlos Alberto. Not sure I will be doing it again though, too expensive and I literally only broke even with the two pulls. Carlos Alberto CB is some player though.
  • Bbbbbbbb
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect

I feel for you. I did it once. English flag. Owen. 😂
  • Lackosweat
    11180 posts Has That Special Something
    I can do one for 300k + untradables. Worth it guys ?
  • SirBarley
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    mjgrays wrote: »
    I’ve had 2 mates do this, one got Lehmann one got Overmars. The one who got Lehmann has quit the game!

Has anyone on here got a duplicate yet?That’s what’s stopping me from trying, far too risky for me. I can still remember the pain of having to quick sell Auba last year when he was worth £300k

EA should implement something to stop this happening with something as expensive as this is. You could end up spending 650k with no reward, that is just plain wrong.

I tried mentioning something like this, but then someone said I was just looking for a safety net lol. Anyway it does kinda ruin your experience. I pulled laudrup, lampard and van nistelrooy. Sure its a game, but its a game many people put soo many hours into. It should remain fun, and yeah I feel for your friend I kinda feel like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ too.
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    Only one I'd really want is Eusebio as that version is still quality. Even the likes of gullit, Vieira, r9 aren't that great in game and are more than noticeably weaker than mid or prime versions.

At 600k ish its awful value.