My 83 rated team performs better than this....

TheBenson
509 posts An Exciting Prospect
WTF is going on with the gameplay last 2 days...

I upgraded my team yesterday to this ready for WL...

Ter Stegan - 90

Semedo - 82
Lenglet - 85
Nesta - 88
F. Mendy - 80

Kante - 89
Griezmann - 89
De Jong - 85

Lemar - 83
Suarez - 89
O. Dembele 84

Team is playing like a bunch of Bronzes going for a tan!

86 rated / 100 Chem

In game no mater what I do the whole team performes pish!

Comments

• just out of interest, what was the rating of the team you played against?
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Check your tactics and make sure it suits the players and your style. What formation?

But also it's known that this kind of happens. Suddenly you lose because the team plays crao.

I'm starting to think certain player combinations triggers some kind of a bug. It happens with higher end players. Also formation settings seem to become corrupt. So I create a new formation and add my players to it fresh when this happens and it seems to make a difference.
  • TheBenson
    just out of interest, what was the rating of the team you played against?

I've only been playing Rivals today I've dropped from div 6 to div 8 with this team...

From what I've noticed the teams have been like new teams 77 to like 82 rated teams with between 80 - 90 chem.

Face a couple of BPL teams with Lucas Rashford, F Anderson etc. Gameplay is just terrible
  • TheBenson wrote: »

From what I've noticed the teams have been like new teams 77 to like 82 rated teams with between 80 - 90 chem.

Knew it! I was on the other side of this last night!!! posted this in another thread earlier...something very odd was going on:-

Played a match last night using the worst Serie A team you've ever seen... (trying to do the last few teams for Politano).

Got matched against a God team, three icons...Greizman and so on......

First attack he got....Greizu clean through (i thought FFS here we go!!!)

... but incredibly Izzo (having given him a 5 yrd start) catches him tackles him perfectly....nutmegs him once and then turns and Cuauhtémoc Blanco's through him and another attacker. :D

78nfUoF.jpg

....apparently, this is achieved simply by sprinting and pressing B furiously (I don't know where the inputs were coming from but it certainly wasn't me) :D .

I grant you this was only div 8 but this sort of thing continued and the game ended up 1 each (for which I can take about 10% of the credit....)

This game really is something else sometimes :D
  • TheBenson
    edited November 2019
    Durrani13 wrote: »
    Check your tactics and make sure it suits the players and your style. What formation?

But also it's known that this kind of happens. Suddenly you lose because the team plays crao.

I'm starting to think certain player combinations triggers some kind of a bug. It happens with higher end players. Also formation settings seem to become corrupt. So I create a new formation and add my players to it fresh when this happens and it seems to make a difference.

4231, 442, 4411, 4321

Everything is balanced, 5 width, 5 depth.

Kante , De Jong, cover centre, stay back etc

Back 4 stay back.

Midfielders come back defence, balanced etc

Striker get in behind, stay forward.

Normall shiz or perhaps I got it all wrong....

:-s
  • Numberofluck27
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2019
    Maybe it's better to play with Kante in stead of Kanye, that could be the difference!

Edit: You was fast :)
  • TheBenson
    Maybe it's better to play with Kante in stead of Kanye, that could be the difference!

That's why I just did an edit. In all fairness Kanye would do better atm
  • Numberofluck27
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    TheBenson wrote: »

Haha I saw it, sorry for my comment just finished work :)
  • TheBenson

Haha I saw it, sorry for my comment just finished work :)

Don't worry about it. I laughed to myself when I saw it... maybe I need Kim K in goal
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Same here, I bought Mbappe and Pogba, got untradeable Griezmann, also fit in red WBY and Dybala and I've had much better success with a bunch of relatively cheap guys
  • Lincoln_Imp
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Durrani13 wrote: »

I feel the same mate, I had Ben yedder upfront.. switched him to CM for chem and change in game and he was awful.. back up front again and scoring again.
  • TheBenson
    edited November 2019
    Ive just deleted the squad and started again. Same players etc... I've not sold up.

I've noticed that on doing a refresh the same 433 set up for chem, before it was saying 100 chem 86 rated... now it''s saying 100 chem 87 rating.

Very strange.....
  • DunB
    866 posts Semi-Pro

I've only been playing Rivals today I've dropped from div 6 to div 8 with this team...

Face a couple of BPL teams with Lucas Rashford, F Anderson etc. Gameplay is just terrible
    This is common for the last past years: have a team rated UNDER 83, best with a couple of non-rares in it. EA will do the rest.

• Numberofluck27
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive just deleted the squad and started again. Same players etc... I've not sold up.

I've noticed that on doing a refresh the same 433 set up for chem, before it was saying 100 chem 86 rated... now it''s saying 100 chem 87 rating.

Very strange.....

Same bench? because that can make a difference...

• TheBenson

Very strange.....

Same bench? because that can make a difference...

My bad... forgot the bench haha.... back to 86.... all this stress for a good performance. ..

Just want good responsive game play...
  • IxToMxI
    8005 posts League Winner
    I use to win games more comfortable before I had Neymar, Ron and Messi but I enjoy playing with them more some games though are a joke
  • TheBenson
    Just had the AI take the kick off for me. I didn't even touch the controller!!!

• BSDShoes
    3212 posts National Call-Up
    I always thought gameplay was better with a 82-84 rated team, but above that the game becomes extremely random and much harder to fight against. In FIFA 19 my 84 rated team won more matches than my 88 rated team did. Not at all surprised at people discovering it this year.
  • atheistsw
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    I always thought gameplay was better with a 82-84 rated team, but above that the game becomes extremely random and much harder to fight against. In FIFA 19 my 84 rated team won more matches than my 88 rated team did. Not at all surprised at people discovering it this year.

Aha! I've long suspected this to be the case, which explains why so many people have an OP starting 11 but only 82 rated overall as they have 4 or 5 bronzes on the bench to lower the rating! Yet another example of EA's interfering BS! :lol:
  • Bakudu76
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe you perform better with your 83 team knowing it's all on you and not your players.
    Also your " upgraded" team is nothing to rave about. It's not like a 15mil full icon team or so that would give you an edge over cheap op teams.
    Kante is hot cake though.
  • TheBenson
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Maybe you perform better with your 83 team knowing it's all on you and not your players.
    Also your " upgraded" team is nothing to rave about. It's not like a 15mil full icon team or so that would give you an edge over cheap op teams.
    Kante is hot cake though.

Fair comment. Will have to see how it gets on this weekend league. And yeah Kante is a beast...

I've noticed that my Nesta has been making forward runs on his own accord which is a pain as he takes ages to get back.
  • barryw
    2453 posts National Call-Up
    2 weeks ago i finished WL with 15 wins using 600K squad.

Today I finished WL with 14 wins with 1.5M Squad.

Squad does not really matter so much 🤷‍♂️