Copa Libertadores Thread

Comments

• Richie827
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Let's keep this shameful thread on top. Only for you EA.
  • TGreatOne
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 2020
    JackAdams wrote: »
    FIFA20 was a debacle, manager career at least doable if not beyond tedious with insane board requests, player career just unplayable thanks to insane board transfers (EFC loaning Richarlison to an Italian side, without adequate cover? /boggle) ...

I was holding out hope for the Copa Libertadores dlc.

Lived in Asuncion, Paraguay for three years, attended many Guarani matches, including several during their 2015 run which saw them make the semifinals. Was "en la cancha" when they upended Corinthians at home, was there when River Plate eliminated them.

The thought of playing Guarani always seemed a pipe dream - even with EA adding Colombia and Chile, figured no way PY would make the cut.

Then they announced the DLC. I got my hopes up.

Guarani did their part, knocking off Corinthians (again), and Palestino to qualify four Group B, and even won their first match in group play.

But are NOT in the game... while the team they knocked out is. Further, a bunch of other "also-ran" teams from leagues not in the game are available as replacement options.

Just baffling.

And FIFA20 is now 50gb or so of free space on my suddenly roomier hard drive.

Remember "If it's in the game, it's in the game". Now "it" only applies to MTX's... not actual teams in the actual game.

Just thoroughly disappointed,

#ElIndioEnLaCopa
    #ElIndioNoEnLaFIFA
    Both Guaraní and Barcelona will come with an update very soon, don't worry about that :)
    I've realized my dream of having my team Olimpia in a FIFA game (since I first saw them in a PES game), seeing that South American leagues were getting added to the league made me think they'd add more in the coming years (like the Paraguayan league), but they didn't do that so far.
    Hopefully with these new Conmebol licenses, they'll add the missing SA leagues to improve the Career Mode experience. I'm sure the leagues will be interested in having more marketing and exposure by being in a FIFA game.
  • Glad to read it looks like it will be fixed. Still not sure how they didn't have all the teams in the final knockout round ready to go. Guarani advancing over Palestino must have been pretty even odds. Hell, the first match was the away leg and they took that, they had to be favorites at that point.
    Tuzzi79 wrote: »
    I watch a couple games of the Libertadores on tv and I’m impressed of Guaraní! They are resilient! Looking forward to have access to Raul Bobadilla! :-)

Bobadilla has scored a lot, but the secret weapon is Fernando Fernandez. He always seems to be the guy to score when a goal is most needed. Even back to the 2015 run.

The team has always played with such great heart that the unit is better than the players, if that makes sense.
  • TGreatOne wrote: »
    have fun with Olimpia... or as I call them "Guarolimpia after they poached Aguilar, Nestor Camacho and de la Cruz from the Guarani.

• Does anyone know that guarani and barcelona sc teams are added to copa libertadores? Are they licensed or not?
  • pipopazzo33
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    Richie827 wrote: »
    Let's keep this shameful thread on top. Only for you EA.

Right
  • Richie827
    This is it? No more update?
  • Richie827
    How shameless you took this competition as a bait in order to lure us to buy fifa 20.
  • JackAdams
    22 posts Ball Boy
    Another patch, still no Guarani. Any word on when/IF they will be included? Would be swell to let me know not to bother checking back.
  • pipopazzo33
    Richie827 wrote: »
    How shameless you took this competition as a bait in order to lure us to buy fifa 20.

Im surprised they didnt use it as a lure for 21
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    JackAdams wrote: »
    Another patch, still no Guarani. Any word on when/IF they will be included? Would be swell to let me know not to bother checking back.

Another patch?
  • pipopazzo33
  • Richie827
    EA did scanning for Racing Club just for commercial reason.
    Step 1, They get some Random players scanned then they use them for a commercial, to make the dlc look 'realistic'.

Step 2, making cards for the FUT. Give these players some ridiculous rating and then pack them up. Step 3, sell them to you.
  • Richie827
    EA landed successfully again.
  • DYL
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 2020
    The lack of top licensed teams on FIFA is just ridiculous.
    No Brazilian teams though?
    Remove libatadores EA if you can’t do it properly don’t do it at all and just accept PES are better.
    Give PES seria A too.
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain
    They have been talking about the Libertadores Cup since September 2019 and this is the end result? A tournament halfway ... you could have spent this money on other teams or Championships .. that's the way they do well or they don't do .. but even those who work in EASports don't notice these things?
  • fekir_in_debuchy
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Guarani and Barcelona SC finally added in the last update, shocked EA actually did it tbh
  • Ecuabsc
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Guarani and Barcelona SC finally added in the last update, shocked EA actually did it tbh

Yeah, but we have to wait another week to get in consoles smh
  • Lonestarr033
    77 posts Park Captain
    Ecuabsc wrote: »

Yeah, but we have to wait another week to get in consoles smh

That's on Sony and Microsoft more so. They both have a verification process for any updates/content that a developer wants to put on their services. In order to make sure that that new update/content wont break LIVE/PSN or contain damaging content to the games.

This should be common knowledge at this point.
  • Quiffed
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is the new kits for racing only out on PC? Or only for the Libertadores mode?
  • Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    Quiffed wrote: »
    Is the new kits for racing only out on PC? Or only for the Libertadores mode?
    Yes I’m also wondering this
  • Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    And it said the patcH added thing to Copa Libertadores stadiums, anyone noticed?
  • Mozart
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's disappointing that not much else can be done with the teams. It's like they are imprisoned within just the Copa Libertadores mode. You can't really play with them in any custom tournament, can't transfer players. Come on EA! Please just let us enjoy these teams.
  • Steffolovitch
    2374 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah it really doesn't make any sense to include these teams and not make them available for career mode, for instance. Why is that? Licensing? Correct me, if I'm wrong, but if EA have the rights to use the correct club names, kits etc. in the FIFA20 game, surely the rights must apply to all modes inside it.
  • Adyhorn
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA really need to stop limiting it to 1 team per nation in each group as well. There’s 2 sides from Ecuador and Brazil in the same group this year in real life for goodness sake. I love recreating the draw before I start competitions and I’m unable to do this realistically because EA has this stupid limit. Please just change it to stop people having 3 from a nation in a group, or alternatively just let people put teams in whichever group they want. It’s our game let us do what we want.
  • This mode is a disaster. Brazilian teams make up like half of this competition, yet there are no real players. Konami was able to do it, EA can't. Then don't bother with this mode at all and focus on fixing the already existing issues!
  • Lonestarr033
    77 posts Park Captain
    Mozart wrote: »
    It's disappointing that not much else can be done with the teams. It's like they are imprisoned within just the Copa Libertadores mode. You can't really play with them in any custom tournament, can't transfer players. Come on EA! Please just let us enjoy these teams.

Aren't custom tournaments broken anyway? If they still are it doesn't matter if you can not use them at this point.
  • Richie827
    All mode should serve the FUT! Any objection?!
  • Richie827
    'You can't like your own post', why?