Copa Libertadores Thread

Comments

• ClioRS wrote: »
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Wondering why they're introducing this into Fifa 20. You'd think it would be a big thing for them to flaunt next year during their promotion for Fifa 21

Maybe it's a sign that there's so many big changes next year with new consoles. Because the hardware is there for them to utilise. This gen of consoles have been underpowered from the start and I wouldn't be surprised to hear them saying something about it at next EA Play or Gamescom. Next gen is a huge leap in terms of tech.

Sounds like a good mode and would make South America in career mode interesting for once. But we'd need better licensing from leagues, teams and stadiums as well as player faces of course.

I hope that in FIFA 21 and in the new consoles there will be the possibility to insert patches created by various communities as in PES on Playstation 4 .... that will be the real turning point of EA and where it will go to be even more competitive towards PES

Never happening unless it's a PC mod
  • DiBinni72
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hope that is a dlc, not a update or patch. I am not interested in south american football and dont want to waste space on my ps4
  • Richie827
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    DiBinni72 wrote: »
    I hope that is a dlc, not a update or patch. I am not interested in south american football and dont want to waste space on my ps4

Too bad it's a free dlc and it requires an update.
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain
    flcinusa wrote: »
    ClioRS wrote: »
    Wondering why they're introducing this into Fifa 20. You'd think it would be a big thing for them to flaunt next year during their promotion for Fifa 21

Maybe it's a sign that there's so many big changes next year with new consoles. Because the hardware is there for them to utilise. This gen of consoles have been underpowered from the start and I wouldn't be surprised to hear them saying something about it at next EA Play or Gamescom. Next gen is a huge leap in terms of tech.

Sounds like a good mode and would make South America in career mode interesting for once. But we'd need better licensing from leagues, teams and stadiums as well as player faces of course.

I hope that in FIFA 21 and in the new consoles there will be the possibility to insert patches created by various communities as in PES on Playstation 4 .... that will be the real turning point of EA and where it will go to be even more competitive towards PES

Instead even with the ps4 console in PES they insert the options files similar to patches for the PC
  • ClioRS wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »

Instead even with the ps4 console in PES they insert the options files similar to patches for the PC

I know PES has option files, I used to work on them on PS3 era, but that will never happen in FIFA, if 27 years of history are anything to go by. They like licenses, everything else is dead weight
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain
    pity EA could remedy the loss of the Juventus license if it did as PES .. hopefully for Fifa 21 or the next
  • Lonestarr033
    77 posts Park Captain
    will it crash like all the other tournaments in fifa20 do?
  • Toronto1982
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    pity EA could remedy the loss of the Juventus license if it did as PES .. hopefully for Fifa 21 or the next

I believe Juventus has a 3-year deal with PES
  • Richie827
    To be honest nothing we can do. EA will continue their way to make money they don't give a f whether it's Juventus Barca or these poor Brazilian teams.

We need a worldwide protest to raise the recongnition.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5508 posts Big Money Move

So did Borussia Dortmund. EA should buy out Barcelona, Man Utd, Juventus and Bayern Munich..
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain

we hope EA will give you the option to insert the options files for the console
  • TeamExtreme17
    5508 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2020
    I do think it's great EA have added these competitions, especially integrating them to Career Mode, but if they can go to these lengths for such complicated licenses then why can't they add things they ALREADY have the licenses for? FIFA Club World Cup? FIFA World Player/Team Of The Year Awards? Europa League Offline Tournament/Kick-Off Modes???

@EA_Roger @EA_Rtas @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian @EA_GZaro
  • Richie827
    I do think it's great EA have added these competitions, especially integrating them to Career Mode, but if they can go to these lengths for such complicated licenses then why can't they add things they ALREADY have the licenses for? FIFA Club World Cup? FIFA World Player/Team Of The Year Awards? Europa League Offline Tournament/Kick-Off Modes???

@EA_Roger @EA_Rtas @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian @EA_GZaro

They probably will add a little more for next year. That's how they grap their money!
  • robalo51
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I want to complain with the content manager of FIFA 2020 about the Conmebol libertadores in FIFA 20. The players of FLAMENGO are generic. They dont exist in real life...

It does not make sense to me that the current libertadores's CHAMPION is not well represented in the game!

This is another year that i am buying Konami PES instead FIFA 20 because of FLAMENGO. I hope this message reaches the people responsible for this tragedy in content management!
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is the DLC out on PC first or for all platforms from day 1?
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    Is the DLC out on PC first or for all platforms from day 1?

You'd think since they have had months to prepare and co-ordinate this release they can get it all out on day one but who knows...
  • Toronto1982
    robalo51 wrote: »
    I want to complain with the content manager of FIFA 2020 about the Conmebol libertadores in FIFA 20. The players of FLAMENGO are generic. They dont exist in real life...

It does not make sense to me that the current libertadores's CHAMPION is not well represented in the game!

This is another year that i am buying Konami PES instead FIFA 20 because of FLAMENGO. I hope this message reaches the people responsible for this tragedy in content management!

Brazilian teams will never have real players in FIFA unless Brazil changes its laws on image licenses
  • thiago4k
    2 posts Ball Boy
    its march 3rd no libertadores update?
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    thiago4k wrote: »
    its march 3rd no libertadores update?

It'll be release done later on I guess. I think any dlc comes out on an afternoon. I may be wrong.
  • Vincne1
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Was it said to be released on 2nd March?
  • Richie827
    https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/636458-fifa-20-1-15-update-patch-notes-copa-libertadores-conmebol?amp

It says that Brazilian players will remain genetic.. Can anyone confirm? If this is true, it will a big joke.. Who would play this?
  • Pedders8
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is about as worthwhile as Volta.
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain
    edited March 2020
    Richie827 wrote: »
    https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/636458-fifa-20-1-15-update-patch-notes-copa-libertadores-conmebol?amp

It says that Brazilian players will remain genetic.. Can anyone confirm? If this is true, it will a big joke.. Who would play this?

I find it absurd .... it was better not to have it and invest on the licenses of important teams .. in my opinion I find the Libertadores etc .. beautiful tournaments but incomplete... Too bad very few faces and only in some phases of the game
  • thiago4k
    2 posts Ball Boy
    wait what? why all players from commebol teams are fake with fake names? where are the real players?

am i missing something?
  • Grande merda ter Libertadores, mas não ter os jogadores brasileiros nos times brasileiros. Eu entendo a treta, mas se vocês se esforçarem um pouco mais, como o PES, vocês conseguem trazer isso sim. Tenho certeza que dinheiro não é problema. A merda do jogo de vocês não dá nem pra editar o time que está na Libertadores, eu só quero jogar com os times brasileiros com jogadores reais. Estou tão impaciente todos esses anos que o próximo vou começar a comprar o concorrente se não trouxerem os times brasileiros.
  • henryclay1844
    1091 posts Professional
    Why can't they put team names in commentary? I don't understand how they can't ever seem get that in there.
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    Grande merda ter Libertadores, mas não ter os jogadores brasileiros nos times brasileiros. Eu entendo a treta, mas se vocês se esforçarem um pouco mais, como o PES, vocês conseguem trazer isso sim. Tenho certeza que dinheiro não é problema. A merda do jogo de vocês não dá nem pra editar o time que está na Libertadores, eu só quero jogar com os times brasileiros com jogadores reais. Estou tão impaciente todos esses anos que o próximo vou começar a comprar o concorrente se não trouxerem os times brasileiros.

I don't understand much of this but I understand grande merda and I agree.
  • Toronto1982
    edited March 2020

It says that Brazilian players will remain generic.. Can anyone confirm? If this is true, it will a big joke.. Who would play this?

Brazilian players will always be generic in FIFA due to Brazilian law. We have know about this for years now so why are you surprised?
    Post edited by Toronto1982 on
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something

Brazilian players will always be generic in fifa do to Brazilian law. We have know about this for years now so why are you supprise?
    How can PES fully license the Brasileirão and get the real players then?
  • Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    I downloaded latest patch and have the 2 stadiums added but racing is still assigned to the wald stadium And I can’t change it to the cilindro stadium, This must be a glitch, anyone has the same issue?