Copa Libertadores Thread

Comments

• Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    Howler19 wrote: »
    Seems to be fake players in Brazilian clubs. That's that game mode unusable then.
    Where did you see that the players are fake

• TeamExtreme17
    5508 posts Big Money Move
    EA won't care aslong as they can promote shiny Copa Libertadores cards in FUT..
  • Skorpio_King
    12068 posts Has That Special Something
    Well, i have no interest anymore in the dlc now without real brazil players.
  • henryclay1844
    1091 posts Professional
    I would like to know how PES can #1 actually work with Brazil to license their players. #2 Allow you to edit the players even if they don't have a license. #3 Release a DLC that includes the 4 teams promoted this year from Serie C (including Nautico and Juventude) and have those teams with wrong names but otherwise exact copies of the real players from their squads last year. Age, height numbers likenesses it is all there. How are they exempt from the lawsuits that paralyze FIFA?
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2020
    Can we get Goiás Esporte Clube in the game *with real players*, as we are in Copa Sudamericana? Goiás and the return of Boca are literally the only two additions I care about. :D
  • Richie827
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ffs.. Disgusting.
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    It's a lot of fuss for what is essentially a glorified regular title update, since all we're getting that's really usable is the new faces. The stadiums are nice too even though you're unlikely to ever play in them since South America is still unplayable despite EA's attempt.
  • Skorpio_King
    12068 posts Has That Special Something
    Can someone name a few known players from outside of brazil league and argentina. Every decent player is in Brazil. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • henryclay1844
    1091 posts Professional
    It certainly is disappointing from the aspect of a person who cares about football first and foremost. It is disappointing to see South America's biggest league still not covered correctly, however EA would have been foolish to let the opportunity to license Libertadores pass. Hopefully it is something they can build on. Heaven forbid they license a team or league that you personally have zero interest in. Not every human is blessed to be from England or America and people from Peru and Paraguay love the sport as much as you do and deserve representation. Glad they didn't let Konami have the whole continent. Make sure you get all the leagues and national teams next year and do not forget you made your game years before anyone even had the idea for a card trading gambling abomination that you are allowed to make obscene amounts of money at for now.
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    It certainly is disappointing from the aspect of a person who cares about football first and foremost. It is disappointing to see South America's biggest league still not covered correctly, however EA would have been foolish to let the opportunity to license Libertadores pass. Hopefully it is something they can build on. Heaven forbid they license a team or league that you personally have zero interest in. Not every human is blessed to be from England or America and people from Peru and Paraguay love the sport as much as you do and deserve representation. Glad they didn't let Konami have the whole continent. Make sure you get all the leagues and national teams next year and do not forget you made your game years before anyone even had the idea for a card trading gambling abomination that you are allowed to make obscene amounts of money at for now.

The part about this license being something to build on is a good point. While the mode is crap as it is right now, the Libertadores license shows that EA are taking South America seriously which will lead to South American clubs being less inclined to sign exclusives with Konami in the future. At least let's hope so.
  • Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have to say fantastic they add 3 new stadiums! But anyone knows if we can use these in career mode? If not big let down
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    Only teams that qualified to group stage are in the game correct?
  • TeamExtreme17
    Kasa wrote: »
    I have to say fantastic they add 3 new stadiums! But anyone knows if we can use these in career mode? If not big let down

3?
  • Toronto1982
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only teams that qualified to group stage are in the game correct?

there is also the Sudamericana which also has a bunch of teams from around the continent

• Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero

3?

See some messages above, maracana, independiente and racing stadium

• Howler19
    1017 posts Professional

3?

See some messages above, maracana, independiente and racing stadium

The issue is the source. Random twitter guy says three, EA says two.
  • Richie827
    You'll have all authentic players in FUT mode but not career mode? Does it even make any sense?

EA you make billions of paper so can you plz cut a little slack for us (career mode players)?!
  • Toronto1982
    edited February 2020
    Richie827 wrote: »
    You'll have all authentic players in FUT mode but not career mode? Does it even make any sense?

EA you make billions of paper so can you plz cut a little slack for us (career mode players)?!

There will be authentic players in all modes since that is covered by the FIFAPro license, but only official crest and names for the unlicensed teams in the new tournament. The only teams which will not have authentic player is Brazilian ones since they don't abide by the FIFAPro license.
    Post edited by Toronto1982 on
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ugh, it looks like it has the ugly Europa League colour filter on it. The lighting looks awful.

Still, I'll give it a blast when it releases. Hopefully they've covered some atmosphere of the game. I know EA will never have smoke bombs or flares so surely they've got the crowd atmosphere right.

• TeamExtreme17
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Ugh, it looks like it has the ugly Europa League colour filter on it. The lighting looks awful.

Still, I'll give it a blast when it releases. Hopefully they've covered some atmosphere of the game. I know EA will never have smoke bombs or flares so surely they've got the crowd atmosphere right.

The lighting is horrible isn't it! PS4 Pro in 2020 and this is the best the devs can produce..
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    So none of the Brazilian teams will have real players still? What even is the point EA?
    I want to take Goiás to Sudamericana glory, but I sure as hell won’t be doing that with fake players and no face scans. :neutral:
  • Tuzzi79
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Now that is an interesting move.. let’s see what EA will be able to get from that!
  • Richie827
    South America teams: Threaten us?! LOL
  • It sucks that EA is too lazy to not include all the teams from the qualifying rounds to the group stages, these are better teams that some of the sudamericana teams. False advertising from EA claiming that you could “play” with any team from this year’s libertadores, for example Corinthians. This is a lost opportunity to have more south american teams added when EA has the license.
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain
    Curios if this will affect the Argentinian and Brazilian licenses. Also curious how it will break Career Mode cause that is expected. Surprised they even mention career mode honestly. Don't think it will include full league for Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador, ect., but hopefully this comes next year. They've neglected South America for so long it is a little shocking to see them pull this off, now I just want to see them do it justice. My expectations are low after seeing how they've handled the World Cup and UEFA. I mean at least have a better trophy scene and use team names in the audio presentation ffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have Brazilian players included and there are no stadiums and no face scans included. I mean it is free content, but still respect the sport please.

You're right .. I'm very skeptical ... two stages, names of some generic teams, a few real faces ... I hope I'm wrong ....
  • ClioRS
    90 posts Park Captain
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Wondering why they're introducing this into Fifa 20. You'd think it would be a big thing for them to flaunt next year during their promotion for Fifa 21

Maybe it's a sign that there's so many big changes next year with new consoles. Because the hardware is there for them to utilise. This gen of consoles have been underpowered from the start and I wouldn't be surprised to hear them saying something about it at next EA Play or Gamescom. Next gen is a huge leap in terms of tech.

Sounds like a good mode and would make South America in career mode interesting for once. But we'd need better licensing from leagues, teams and stadiums as well as player faces of course.

I hope that in FIFA 21 and in the new consoles there will be the possibility to insert patches created by various communities as in PES on Playstation 4 .... that will be the real turning point of EA and where it will go to be even more competitive towards PES
  • Toronto1982
    edited February 2020
    So none of the Brazilian teams will have real players still? What even is the point EA?
    I want to take Goiás to Sudamericana glory, but I sure as hell won’t be doing that with fake players and no face scans. :neutral:

As long as Brazilian law stays the same you will never see authentic players in the Brazilian league in FIFA