Copa Libertadores Thread

TeamExtreme17
2829 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 2019
CONMEBOL LIBERTADORES
Experience the breathtaking intensity of South America’s biggest club tournament as a free* content update for FIFA 20 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC, available March 2020.

FREE* CONTENT UPDATE AVAILABLE MARCH 2020 FOR PLAYSTATION®4, XBOX ONE, AND PC.

FEEL THE PASSION OF A CONTINENT
From FIFA Ultimate Team™ to Career Mode, Kick-Off, and a new CONMEBOL Libertadores Tournament Mode, feel the weight of a continent’s obsession as you play with clubs from Uruguay, Perú, Paraguay, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina and beyond at the pinnacle of South American club football.

Lead historic South American teams like River Plate, Boca Juniors, Flamengo, Corinthians, Racing Club, C.A. Independiente, Colo-Colo and Universidad Católica, and follow in the footsteps of stars like Vinícius Jr. and Kaká through the heated competition of CONMEBOL Libertadores, CONMEBOL Sudamericana and CONMEBOL Recopa.

SOjvhsq.png

* CONMEBOL LIBERTADORES CONTENT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD MARCH 2020. REQUIRES FIFA 20 FOR THE PS4, XBOX ONE OR PC (SOLD SEPARATELY), ALL GAME UPDATES AND INTERNET CONNECTION.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/conmebol-libertadores

Comments

• Curios if this will affect the Argentinian and Brazilian licenses. Also curious how it will break Career Mode cause that is expected. Surprised they even mention career mode honestly. Don't think it will include full league for Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador, ect., but hopefully this comes next year. They've neglected South America for so long it is a little shocking to see them pull this off, now I just want to see them do it justice. My expectations are low after seeing how they've handled the World Cup and UEFA. I mean at least have a better trophy scene and use team names in the audio presentation ffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have Brazilian players included and there are no stadiums and no face scans included. I mean it is free content, but still respect the sport please.
  • Druski5150
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    So now I am confused. Will EA get Boca and River Plate licenses back along with licensed Brazilian teams or will we still be using fake teams ala Piedmonte Calcio?
  • Shaanxz
    21241 posts Club Captain
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Brazilian players are still generic
  • OldMateCampbell
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019
    On their post on their website they do mention both Boca Juniors and River Plate rather than their fake names of "Buenos Aires FC" and "Nunez" on FIFA 20 currently, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get real team names and logos for these sides back into the game. However the issue of Brazilian league player names etc is much more difficult to guess as they have no information about this on the post.

EDIT:
    Also in the post: "From FIFA Ultimate Team™ to Career Mode, Kick-Off, and a new CONMEBOL Libertadores Tournament Mode, feel the weight of a continent’s obsession as you play with clubs from Uruguay, Perú, Paraguay, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina and beyond at the pinnacle of South American club football."

None of Uruguay, Peru, Paraguay or Ecuador have their leagues in the game, so I'm assuming EA will be trying to add as many of the official teams in next years tournament as possible.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited November 2019
    If you can add CONMEBOL Libertadores to Kick-Off & Tournament Mode you can do the same for Europa League too? No? @EA_Andy @EA_Rtas @EA_Cian @EA_DarDar @EA_GZaro @EA_Roger
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • Looking forward to this. Hopefully it’ll mean the return of La Bombonera and El Monumental
  • TeamExtreme17
    Looking forward to this. Hopefully it’ll mean the return of La Bombonera and El Monumental

Unlikely. Having the Champions League doesnt mean we get Juventus, Bayern Munich or Barcelona stadiums..
  • Well lots of people wanted this (including me) and it’s a pleasant surprise in my opinion that it will be add before the next game! Now they have till March to finalize the teams that will be added and the details of that rather big expansion! I don’t think they will add full leagues this year, but I would definitely welcome either the Uruguay or Paraguay league or both (what, we are allowed to dream right? Lol) in the fold next year. I expect those teams to be added in the rest of the world section where I would definitely replace the Brazilian teams that have generic players to do an all star league within the fake brazil league with all those teams. It would be cool that EA find a way for us to do that without altering the teams entering the tournament like it does when you try to switch teams from the rest of the world into leagues in your career mode and those weak teams you’ve replace them with end up in the champions league..

As per the teams that are gonna join, EA explicitly name Boca Junior, River Plate, Flamengo, Corinthians, Colo-Colo and Catolica, all clubs that EA ‘lost’ to Konami, so I’m happy to see some swag here! Loll It’s game on vs Konami and I’m glad to see that they are reacting with that huge add on! Well done EA!

So guys, other than the change of names of teams already in the game and Corinthians and Flamengo (those are great really, even more after knowing they had exclusive deals that would have prevent them to be in a league if EA would have been able to pull off the Brazil licence), who do you think will make the cut?

• Azzabazza
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Imagine if EA were to add the Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador leagues in FIFA 21. There's some world class talent in South America and would be nice to see the above (and maybe some more South American Leagues) in FIFA 21, rather than creating a handful of players just for CM.
  • Luchtaine
    56 posts Park Captain
    Good news to see this addition and hope EA have won back licences to teams lost to Konami, as well as the addition of new teams from the continent.

On a side note, Universidad Catolica are already in the game though; I wonder if that’s a mistake and they meant Universidad de Chile, whose licence they did lose to Konami this year?
  • DanielA-NUFC
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great addition, would love to See the rest of South American leagues added. Hopefully the Brazilian league gets sorted and the licences for the lost teams
  • KingShankly
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just like the Champions League crash, Copa Libertadores will most likely crash on matchday 2
  • ManzGOTIT
    2362 posts Fans' Favourite
    My thoughts... Having Copa Libertadores is so good. FIFA was dominant on last gen (PS3/360) and PES didn’t have a good era but what they did have is the Champions League introduced in PES 2009 and the Copa Libertadores in PES 2011 and in PES 2013 that game was so good because of the depth of the customization available in game and also with the Copa and CL, the game was so much fun. Now the roles have been reversed with FIFA having not only the licenses for the Copa and CL but also the licenses for basically every other tournament (Shame about the Russian PL or individual club licenses but that’s a conversation for another day).

Although FIFA 20 might be an absolute s**tshow (personally it is not that bad imo), it is leading to a bright future as we enter FIFA 21 on next gen. We will get a glimpse of the Copa in March on FIFA 20 and probably see it fully on FIFA 21 and who knows? If FIFA and EA have brains they can integrate the FIFA Club World Cup now into the next FIFA?
    Doubts I have is the licenses for the clubs, like Juventus being exclusive to PES we might not be able to see some South American teams. But we did see Boca on the trailer so that’s a big sign.

Anyway, things are looking up. I feel that FIFA 20 has been a prologue as we enter a new era for FIFA 21…
  • TeamExtreme17
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    My thoughts... Having Copa Libertadores is so good. FIFA was dominant on last gen (PS3/360) and PES didn’t have a good era but what they did have is the Champions League introduced in PES 2009 and the Copa Libertadores in PES 2011 and in PES 2013 that game was so good because of the depth of the customization available in game and also with the Copa and CL, the game was so much fun. Now the roles have been reversed with FIFA having not only the licenses for the Copa and CL but also the licenses for basically every other tournament (Shame about the Russian PL or individual club licenses but that’s a conversation for another day).

Although FIFA 20 might be an absolute s**tshow (personally it is not that bad imo), it is leading to a bright future as we enter FIFA 21 on next gen. We will get a glimpse of the Copa in March on FIFA 20 and probably see it fully on FIFA 21 and who knows? If FIFA and EA have brains they can integrate the FIFA Club World Cup now into the next FIFA?
    Doubts I have is the licenses for the clubs, like Juventus being exclusive to PES we might not be able to see some South American teams. But we did see Boca on the trailer so that’s a big sign.

Anyway, things are looking up. I feel that FIFA 20 has been a prologue as we enter a new era for FIFA 21…

I can't believe the Club World Cup, Balon D'Or etc aren't in Fifa already..
  • ManzGOTIT

FIFA are really missing the trick here
  • TeamExtreme17

They still haven't even added the Europa League to Kick-Off & Offline Tournament Modes.
  • Mr_Smith89
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you can add CONMEBOL Libertadores to Kick-Off & Tournament Mode you can do the same for Europa League too? No? @EA_Andy @EA_Rtas @EA_Cian @EA_DarDar @EA_GZaro

Don’t forget the newbie @EA_Roger
  • ManzGOTIT

They still haven't even added the Europa League to Kick-Off & Offline Tournament Modes.
    So weird. What’s stopping them?
  • TeamExtreme17

Strange isn't it, they've added both VOLTA & House Rules to Kick-Off since they got the UEFA license..
  • ManzGOTIT

Strange isn't it, they've added both VOLTA & House Rules to Kick-Off since they got the UEFA license..

Laziness is the only answer... there's no explanation to it at all
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yet they did nothing for the Women’s World Cup in 19 in any way.

I saw this add in FIFA 19 trying to get folks to buy 20, but as someone said, where are the other competitions and such. Sorry not interested in wasting my funds on 20.

Same old EA.

• Futbol22
    993 posts Professional
    edited November 2019
    The 2020 Libertadores final is at the Maracaná so I’m assuming that will get added in the DLC?

If EA could get stadiums for bunch of these teams it would be amazing!
  • Futbol22
    993 posts Professional
    Realistically what can we expect for the DLC?

- broadcast package
    - official trophy
    - Maracaná stadium (for the final)
    - Maybe a couple of scanned clubs (flamengo?)

It would be great to get more stadiums like the WC dlc and players scanned.
  • Carlitos7891
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy Is it the teams from this year’s competition being added or the upcoming competition?
  • Skorpio_King
    5702 posts Big Money Move
    @EA_Andy Is it the teams from this year’s competition being added or the upcoming competition?

Ea andy left EA 😂😂😂.
  • Carlitos7891

Ea andy left EA 😂😂😂.

Ohhh lol who replies back now?
  • ClioRS
    88 posts Park Captain
    I hope to see many real faces and obviously real stadiums to be able to compete in the competition as PES will do with Euro 2020..thanks EA
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional
    Wondering why they're introducing this into Fifa 20. You'd think it would be a big thing for them to flaunt next year during their promotion for Fifa 21

Maybe it's a sign that there's so many big changes next year with new consoles. Because the hardware is there for them to utilise. This gen of consoles have been underpowered from the start and I wouldn't be surprised to hear them saying something about it at next EA Play or Gamescom. Next gen is a huge leap in terms of tech.

Sounds like a good mode and would make South America in career mode interesting for once. But we'd need better licensing from leagues, teams and stadiums as well as player faces of course.

• Will be interesting to see what clubs they add from outside the obvious big ones. Hoping Guarani out of Paraguay make the cut. Odds are tiny and we'll just get top 1-2 clubs from a bunch of the leagues, though.
  • Carlitos7891
    I hope my team Universitario from Peru gets included, they just qualified for the upcoming libertadores. Why I’m curious if it’s the 2019 or 2020 libertadores being added