The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Is chem actually effective?

Moe_86
1210 posts Professional
I just faced a guy with 63 chem overall team , his team were faster and way stronger than my team . I need explanation otherwise the game is scripted.

Comments

• erkanua
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I don't have an explanation for that and don't know the real answer of your question but I can say that I used normal Aguero for almost 3 weeks without any chem style, he did fine. But recently I put hunter card on him and he was really faster than before. So it should be effective.

Still, I believe that AI's effect on the results is huge.
  • I've not noticed any significant disadvantage to my opponent when they have less than 100% chemistry.
  • Staxdoobie
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm pretty certain that all the BS (background shenanigans) completely outweigh any effects of chemistry, chem styles etc.

Many people, myself included, don't notice an improvement in results when we improve our teams. When you consider that BS has a greater impact on gameplay/results than significantly improving your players, any minimal effects of chemistry/chem styles are completely obliterated by it.

None of this stops me ensuring all my teams are 100 chem though, for some reason.
  • jeffro212
    46 posts Park Captain
    yes
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    I've not noticed any significant disadvantage to my opponent when they have less than 100% chemistry.

Day by day i start to be sure the chem is glitched but no actually say anything
  • Jeff2extreme
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have tested this, have Johnathan CSL SBC, started with hunter, which means he has high pace 70ish agility and balance.

Didn’t like it, switched to engine. Everything seems smoother on dribbling with him!
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I thought if you have zero chem, your player just plays to the stats on the card.........

Ten chem means all stats get a small boost to all stats (but you can scrape all that together and apply it to a specific area with a chem style.

I threw Tielemans into a squad for the clean sheet xp last night....he payed on chem of 3 and it didnt seem to hinder me, ....he was neat and tidy without pulling up any trees.
  • Moe_86
    1210 posts Professional
    The game is
    I thought if you have zero chem, your player just plays to the stats on the card.........

Ten chem means all stats get a small boost to all stats (but you can scrape all that together and apply it to a specific area with a chem style.

I threw Tielemans into a squad for the clean sheet xp last night....he payed on chem of 3 and it didnt seem to hinder me, ....he was neat and tidy without pulling up any trees.

What you are saying is a proof that there is a chem glitch, because your players with less than 5 chem , should lose status. 5 is break even
  • erkanua
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park

I think it is because you were not expecting much from Tielemans and tried to play simple with him instead of doing stupid skills moves with Neymar etc. or tried to outrun all the defensive line with Dembele.
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    The game is

What you are saying is a proof that there is a chem glitch, because your players with less than 5 chem , should lose status. 5 is break even

is that right....it makes sense, but cant say i've ever noticed ....so if a player is on crappy chem in your starting squad, does his player bio show where the minus's are distributed in his stats?
  • CustardHippo
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    10 is max boost per chem style applied
    5 is break even, IE plays to the card stats
    0 is negative to card stats, so should play worse (in theory)
  • Jeff2extreme
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Also if you boost your penalty taking stats you can actually see it on the roles section of your custom tactics.
  • Chavez76
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    The game is

is that right....it makes sense, but cant say i've ever noticed ....so if a player is on crappy chem in your starting squad, does his player bio show where the minus's are distributed in his stats?

put a player on 5 chem in futbin and you will notice.