Unreal Ban

asilvaspoon
275 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi guys. So I sold a whole bunch of players in order to complete the Gnabry SBC when it came out, as I was really looking forward to it. For some daft reason that has been flagged as 'coin distribution', and I've been given a transfer market ban. This is absolutely ridiculous because I have a reasonably tame squad. My highest rated players are De Gea, and Salah, who I've packed as untradables, and Thiago Silva (SBC). I don't have any higher value players nor coins, and now I have a transfer market ban. I would have understood if I'd gone on a spree of getting players in, but this is just daft. Does anyone on here know how long this goes on for? How long before resolution? Is there a way to appeal it and can/should it be done?

Comments

• asilvaspoon
    Any advice would be super appreciated...
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019

That's pretty stupid if that innocent. I think someone else asked this question and it depends. The auto bans apparently last 24 hours. But I'm not certain of that.
  • asilvaspoon
    Durrani13 wrote: »

That's pretty stupid if that innocent. I think someone else asked this question and it depends. The auto bans apparently last 24 hours. But I'm not certain of that.

Thanks a ton. I really appreciate it. I'm just super disappointed because of the amount of work I've put into my untradables. From the swaps, to the objectives, and now to be banned over something so pointless.
  • asilvaspoon
    To make matters worse, I was looking forward to completely Konate (another untradable), and it looks like with this in place, I wouldn't even be able to do that. Seriously EA...
    😂
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    I've been selling 500 cards per day and never been flagged for coin distribution, so the quantity of cards sold shouldn't be a trigger. I did have temp bans for couple of hours, but I think that was related to high frequency manual trading being similar to bot activity.

I don't know what to tell you, beside you should contact EA support and try to clear out this issue. It doesn't matter if you have been buying coins and playing innocent or if you haven't, this topic will not get you EA attention. Best hope is to hear about other people experiences...

Best of luck and keep us posted.

• Chavez76
    9468 posts League Winner

I dont think there is a 24h auto ban for coin distribution ?
    I thought any coin distribution always is a full ban?

OP: I would go to live chat for this. Waiting for the ban to be gone is not going to help
  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've had temp bans for fun in previous fifas. Usually last from 1 to 3 hours anywhere upto 48. Depends how annoyed as are at you making coins with time and not fifa points.
  • asilvaspoon
    Chavez76 wrote: »

OP: I would go to live chat for this. Waiting for the ban to be gone is not going to help

That's my concern too. It said permanent ban. How is one expected to play without access to the transfer market?
  • asilvaspoon
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I've been selling 500 cards per day and never been flagged for coin distribution, so the quantity of cards sold shouldn't be a trigger. I did have temp bans for couple of hours, but I think that was related to high frequency manual trading being similar to bot activity.

I don't know what to tell you, beside you should contact EA support and try to clear out this issue. It doesn't matter if you have been buying coins and playing innocent or if you haven't, this topic will not get you EA attention. Best hope is to hear about other people experiences...

Best of luck and keep us posted.

One of the main reasons I've posted on here. Just to get as much help and advice as possible.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019

That's my concern too. It said permanent ban. How is one expected to play without access to the transfer market?

Not sure but you might be good just playing for untradable rewards, grinding objective cards and completing cheaper SBC cards. You won't have problem with first owner objectives too and might have lucky pulls here and there. It sucks, but beside cutting you from coin flow and limiting your trading options, you might find a game still fun. That is if your appeal to EA fails. You also might concider just switching to another account.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    Mate all you can do is open a case with EA and explain everything you did. Outline your methods, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Me and a guy from here got this same message 3 weeks or so ago, we were both doing the same thing - buying silvers we knew would rise beofre they rose, then selling them at their new much higher price.

Next thing we both got the same message as you. 3 weeks on, I've got my access back and he's banned for fifa 20 on that account. It's arbitrary and completely unfair.

So unless you've say, given your mate 10k or actually sold coins, a transaction or two that you have done has looked suspicious to their algorithm. Hopefully someone will actually look at your account and see you are innocent. All you can do is wait, but prepare for the worst

One bit of advuce - if you add new info to a case you have with es, that case goes.back to the back of the queue again... so try to say everything it's possible to say in the one email.

Othet stuff I sent in was pictures of futbin graphs of the players I was selling showing their wild variation in prices. Anytging at all you have that is relevant.
  • asilvaspoon
    Mmandras wrote: »

Not sure but you might be good just playing for untradable rewards, grinding objective cards and completing cheaper SBC cards. You won't have problem with first owner objectives too and might have lucky pulls here and there. It sucks, but beside cutting you from coin flow and limiting your trading options, you might find a game still fun. That is if your appeal to EA fails. You also might concider just switching to another account.

The former part is still okay, given that I do a lot of that, but the latter is just sad. I won't be able to go back and grind out the previous objectives which I already have in my squad, as the objectives and SBCs have sadly come and gone.
  • asilvaspoon
    madwullie wrote: »
    Mate all you can do is open a case with EA and explain everything you did. Outline your methods, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Me and a guy from here got this same message 3 weeks or so ago, we were both doing the same thing - buying silvers we knew would rise beofre they rose, then selling them at their new much higher price.

Next thing we both got the same message as you. 3 weeks on, I've got my access back and he's banned for fifa 20 on that account. It's arbitrary and completely unfair.

So unless you've say, given your mate 10k or actually sold coins, a transaction or two that you have done has looked suspicious to their algorithm. Hopefully someone will actually look at your account and see you are innocent. All you can do is wait, but prepare for the worst

One bit of advuce - if you add new info to a case you have with es, that case goes.back to the back of the queue again... so try to say everything it's possible to say in the one email.

Othet stuff I sent in was pictures of futbin graphs of the players I was selling showing their wild variation in prices. Anytging at all you have that is relevant.

Thanks so much. This really helps. I really appreciate it. I just hope that it's all resolved soon. So here's the kicker. I've been diagnosed with depression, and this is my one escape from reality. Getting shafted by EA on FIFA too is honestly not fun.
  • madwullie
    madwullie wrote: »

Thanks so much. This really helps. I really appreciate it. I just hope that it's all resolved soon. So here's the kicker. I've been diagnosed with depression, and this is my one escape from reality. Getting shafted by EA on FIFA too is honestly not fun.

Yeah mate I understand. I don't have metal health problems but I do have health problems that I use fifa to help escape from. Good luck with the case. Like I said, just send them all the info you possibly have, even if you have like screenshot of your team that shows your coin balance etc.

Think if you sold any cards for max bin or even bought any and explain why and when that was.
  • YMNn
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Did you buy overpriced players? No offense but it seems to me you are not telling the whole story here. Which leads me to believe that infact you were engaged in some shady stuff. Unless you just bought player at random without looking at their prices (which is unlikely since as you said you have a mediocre team implying mediocre funds) you wouldn't be banned for "coin distribution".
  • Jimmyb83
    1163 posts Professional
    I don't understand how you've got a market ban for a first offense? I thought you got a warning or a coin wipe first?
  • asilvaspoon
    YMNn wrote: »
    Did you buy overpriced players? No offense but it seems to me you are not telling the whole story here. Which leads me to believe that infact you were engaged in some shady stuff. Unless you just bought player at random without looking at their prices (which is unlikely since as you said you have a mediocre team implying mediocre funds) you wouldn't be banned for "coin distribution".

It's alright if you don't believe me. You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't buy players. I sold what I had in order to fund the completion of the SBC. On that front, you're right about mediocre funds, hence prompting the need to sell.
  • asilvaspoon
    Jimmyb83 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you've got a market ban for a first offense? I thought you got a warning or a coin wipe first?

My confusion precisely. I would have assumed that at least there would have been some kind of indication on that front. They haven't touched the paltry 4K in my account, but they've banned me.
  • madwullie
    If they think you're selling coins you don't get a first warning.
  • Springveldt
    6683 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019

Permanent? Good luck getting it over turned and it can take months if it does happen.

Sounds like all the cards you sold were bought by the same account. Did you sell loads of the same card or were there a lot of different ones?
  • asilvaspoon

Permanent? Good luck getting it over turned and it can take months if it does happen.

Sounds like all the cards you sold were bought by the same account. Did you sell loads of the same card or were there a lot of different ones?

Different ones. Not all the same.
  • Springveldt
    6683 posts Big Money Move

Different ones. Not all the same.
    Sounds like you got really unlucky and someone bought all your different cards for some reason. Were all the cards required for a certain SBC or something? Would be strange for a random buyer to be buying all your different cards for some reason.

Either that or you transferred coins from another account.
  • hawky028
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi guys. So I sold a whole bunch of players in order to complete the Gnabry SBC when it came out, as I was really looking forward to it. For some daft reason that has been flagged as 'coin distribution', and I've been given a transfer market ban. This is absolutely ridiculous because I have a reasonably tame squad. My highest rated players are De Gea, and Salah, who I've packed as untradables, and Thiago Silva (SBC). I don't have any higher value players nor coins, and now I have a transfer market ban. I would have understood if I'd gone on a spree of getting players in, but this is just daft. Does anyone on here know how long this goes on for? How long before resolution? Is there a way to appeal it and can/should it be done?

i hope ur ban is Permanent....No one gets random transfer market ban....u r a coin distributor....EA should ban u on forum also
  • Liamooo
    1173 posts Professional
    hawky028 wrote: »

i hope ur ban is Permanent....No one gets random transfer market ban....u r a coin distributor....EA should ban u on forum also

Settle down Sherlock
  • H_Mus
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was wrongly banned, opened cases, nothing came out of it. Tough luck to us
  • asilvaspoon
    hawky028 wrote: »

Good day to you too, sunshine...
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t list cards for max bin.

It should help for the future.
  • asilvaspoon
    edited November 2019
    H_Mus wrote: »
    I was wrongly banned, opened cases, nothing came out of it. Tough luck to us

How long ago? How do you play now? I mean with no transfer market access, I can't get consumables, nor can I get players to do my SBCs...
  • asilvaspoon
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Don’t list cards for max bin.

It should help for the future.

Thanks. If I get access back, I'll bear this in mind