The passing in this game is straight up broken

Southgatology
1549 posts Play-Off Hero
This is just 3 examples of how bad the passing system is in this game. Happens multiple times a game.

AA38-AB16-649-B-4500-AB50-D730-E2137-BBB.jpg

C3-E311-A0-3-F0-A-4-FCF-8-CA3-774-E5-B06-BCE9.jpg

E364-C9-A9-B128-4-A4-F-A4-A4-169-E0-F7758-FB.jpg

Comments

• BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t think it’s random. I’ve noticed the last few days these passes happen mostly when your attacking and totally kills the attack. It will either kill the attack or make the wrong pass to concede possession for the opponents to attack.
  • Danic123
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    I noticed on this Fifa that more than ever it comes down to how long you press the pass button for.

Example, even if I’m facing to who I want to pass too, if I don’t hold the button for the required power, it may still go off direction to a player closer (didn’t hold button long enough) or further away (held button for too long).

What also annoys me is the shooting, but I suppose even if I’m aiming right, if my player has low shooting or composure, or conditions aren’t right, it might still miss.
  • Finesse_4days
    17886 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    Far too much auto correct in passing related to power as someone has already said, there should be no auto correct in terms of direction its just a joke, also doesn't help that players take about 5 years to pass a lot of the time, don't get me started on keepers who apart from the very best can kick or control a ball for their life.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    The ideas here all have merit... one additional. The delay compensation system is causing the inputs to not be read in time. Therefore, the game servers are processing a different input than the console itself. I find this particularly possible on the power as that is the up and down events of the button. Getting that even slightly off can have a serious effect in-game. I have also noticed it is worse in "delay".
  • Edu
    7528 posts League Winner
    It is not random, the game allow you to pass right in low difficult and you miss in hard difficult.
    We are just puppets
  • Diggy
    15951 posts World Class
    Turn on the trainer for a few games this changed my game still have it on

Movement & mechanics & turn everything off except passing
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diggy wrote: »
    Turn on the trainer for a few games this changed my game still have it on

Movement & mechanics & turn everything off except passing

Makes no difference. Look at where the passing is aimed in those examples and which player is selected to pass to. It’s just broken.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    works fine for me. i suggest putting the right amount of power on your passes
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    works fine for me. i suggest putting the right amount of power on your passes

Sure...

C3-E311-A0-3-F0-A-4-FCF-8-CA3-774-E5-B06-BCE9.jpg

• Danic123
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    Edu wrote: »
    It is not random, the game allow you to pass right in low difficult and you miss in hard difficult.
    We are just puppets

You know, I wouldn’t mind if EA came out and said it was fixed in certain situations. It’s a game so no big deal. It’s the constant denial that’s crazy.

I used to play offline career mode a lot in past FIFA’s. I would initially hammer every team and then after a point every game was like I was playing in quick sand and had delay. Eventually I’d lose. Next game, as if by magic, I’m hammering teams again. It was blatant. And yet, still they denied.

No idea if this remains the case. Maybe since it’s an Esport they changed the fix. I mean I look at the top 100 and best players, and it always seems to be the same. If the game was rigged in some way surely there’d be some change ?