Richard
11478 posts Has That Special Something
Dead%20Cat%20Bounce.gif

39ba89ff50500fe12569bc99e529e4a1.gif

Discuss.

Comments

• iD33J91
    6061 posts Big Money Move
    Thank you for your analysis - panic commencing...

Waiting for the YouTube videos like :cold_sweat:
  • Danic123
    3121 posts National Call-Up
    Same as every year, I’ll not sell my players & then when I see the price crash hit home I’ll regret my decision.
  • WFCBagnall
    78772 posts Moderator
    I can't sell untradeables can I?
  • Hollandman
    3534 posts National Call-Up
    Crash already begun last week
  • Cloudio7
    2594 posts Fans' Favourite
    The crash before the crash during the crash into the crash after the crash before the crash is the real crash.
  • Moiizer
    9610 posts League Winner
    Is this the crash that hasnt happened since like Fifa 15?

HYPEEEEE
  • Nervous_Nick
    6356 posts Big Money Move
    89 rated cards selling for 23k...it can’t go any lower
  • Kieran1903
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    Black friday crash? The cards are already low...

Why anyone would bloody open promo packs on black friday is beyond me. Chances of making profit from an ultimate pack are slim to none
  • RebelRob
    6680 posts Big Money Move
    It won’t be a real crash, maybe a slight dip which isn’t anything to worry about.

It’s the RISE after that will catch people out this year.
  • RebelRob
    6680 posts Big Money Move
    Also, where you been @Richard ?

We’ve missed that gif!
  • xFATAL
    5034 posts Big Money Move
    This the first time we've had a major promo this close to BF?
  • CovLee_Candice
    4530 posts National Call-Up
    Buy player you want and play the game instead of worrying about crash.
  • Absting159v2
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Do we know for certain that Base and Mid's are OUT of packs? I'm debating on my Base Gullit. . . with them not being packed anymore - maybe these usable base and mids will hold?
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14479 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    BF crash is a myth
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25714 posts Player of the Year
    BF crash is a myth

A myth that creates panic :tongue:
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14479 posts Moderator
    BF crash is a myth

A myth that creates panic :tongue:

Like unicorns? They make me panic!

• Bangarang9
    79 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2019
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I can't sell untradeables can I?

Yeah just gotta keep trying you’ll get there
  • P
    7778 posts League Winner
    Was there BOGOF packs at BF or Chinese New year?
  • Fab
    19472 posts World Class
    Richy Rich!
  • Joestoe
    8551 posts League Winner
    I sold my team last week and bought it back a few days after, made 500k profit. Not gonna care besides that.
  • xFATAL
    5034 posts Big Money Move
    Joestoe wrote: »
    I sold my team last week and bought it back a few days after, made 500k profit. Not gonna care besides that.

I actually sold mine at the right time for once but I'm just sitting on coins now since I'm not playing the game other than trading. Tempted to build a team soon though.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6423 posts Big Money Move
    There is only 19 rare gold players worth over 100k , what's gonna crash?
  • James Libby
    7282 posts Big Money Move
    Are people really calling BF crash a myth? Prices don't go down (usually well before) this promo?
  • MikeyP_FC
    14204 posts Has That Special Something
    P wrote: »
    Was there BOGOF packs at BF or Chinese New year?

Chinese but iirc that was 2 years ago they last did it. Not last year, right?
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Are people really calling BF crash a myth? Prices don't go down (usually well before) this promo?

I think it's more about people not caring, especially since stuff tends to rebound to regain at least a decent amount of value. So it's basically being ok with that rather than having to search for the magical exact right time to sell and rebuy while not using the cards you like for a bit.

Personally i like to buy in crashes (to either keep or profit) but really cant be bothered to sell before.
  • James Libby
    7282 posts Big Money Move
    Whoman wrote: »

I think it's more about people not caring, especially since stuff tends to rebound to regain at least a decent amount of value. So it's basically being ok with that rather than having to search for the magical exact right time to sell and rebuy while not using the cards you like for a bit.

Personally i like to buy in crashes (to either keep or profit) but really cant be bothered to sell before.

That's a very fair take. I agree it rebounds, I agree the timing is tricky, and I agree it could be less than ever this year.

But prices definitely seem to go down. I would be pleased if I were wrong - for the record.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2019
    Not worried about crashes, I bought my main bundes team at the beginning of the game and it's now worth nowt and my 2nd team is all untradeable bpl players. I've got close to a 1,000 players in my club which are worth literal discard until EA release more league SBCs. If certain players drop in price then I might buy one or two otherwise I'm happy with what I've got.
  • Danic123
    3121 posts National Call-Up
    BF crash is not a myth, happens every year. I have 1.4m coins and won’t be buying until prices tank a bit. I’ve kept some players as I still want to play games. I’ve gone with a happy medium.

I’m still debating on a formation anyway. Anyone I buy I’d likely sell off and lose tax, so better to just use average players to get an idea on how I’ll play.
  • M98H
    13742 posts Has That Special Something
    Looking at meta cards last year, I wouldn’t say that they crashed, a slight dip maybe, then sky rocketed after BF
  • Fish88
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019
    M98H wrote: »
    Looking at meta cards last year, I wouldn’t say that they crashed, a slight dip maybe, then sky rocketed after BF

This, if you look at futbin graphs for last year, high rated meta went down a tiny bit around this week and last week after champs, then they went to some of the highest prices they ever reached all year on bf or the week after