d3b4s1s
628 posts An Exciting Prospect

Comments

• Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    He was offside
  • d3b4s1s
    Did you see the replay? What about the defender standing close to the post?
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    d3b4s1s wrote: »

Ok and? It's offside
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    Hahaha don’t know the rules of offside!?😂
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional

Every replay it’s more clear that it is offside :)
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Hahaha don’t know the rules of offside!?😂

Exactly, opens a thread to have a go at EA when he's got no clue about the rules of the game.
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yup. Offside. Read the rules of the game mate.
  • ASlowPotato
    1017 posts Professional
    Yep, offside. Learn the offside rule.
  • Mmikey
    503 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2019

Ridiculous... But I'm sure it was offside due to the defender being behind the gk (something like that).

But anyway, I laughed after I seen you running over to celebrate at the corner flag.

• d3b4s1s
    Okay, maybe i don't understand the rule. From what i understand, if a defender is ahead of me close to the goal and i make a pass, it shouldn't be off-side.

Anyone care to explain what i'm missing here?
  • d3b4s1s
    Mmikey wrote: »

Ridiculous....

But I laughed after I seen you running over to celebrate.

I didn't run to celebrate, i waited to see the replay, the animation plays itself. Is everyone a troll here?
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Okay, maybe i don't understand the rule. From what i understand, if a defender is ahead of me close to the goal and i make a pass, it shouldn't be off-side.

You're beyond the second-last player of the other team as his keeper was running about like a plum.
  • Mmikey
    503 posts An Exciting Prospect

Ridiculous....

I didn't run to celebrate, i waited to see the replay, the animation plays itself. Is everyone a troll here?

I edited my answer.... Think that explains
  • Dukesy16
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on the villa
  • d3b4s1s wrote: »

Ridiculous....

Don't worry mate, many people would assume he's onside. The rule is there has to be 2 opposition players between the ball and the goal if it is played foward. Most people assume it's one because the keeper is the second man 99.9% of the time.
  • d3b4s1s
    Pieman25 wrote: »

You're beyond the second-last player of the other team as his keeper was running about like a plum.

Okay, i really didn't know about the 'second' last part. My bad.
  • d3b4s1s

Ridiculous....

Don't worry mate, many people would assume he's onside. The rule is there has to be 2 opposition players between the ball and the goal if it is played foward. Most people assume it's one because the keeper is the second man 99.9% of the time.

Thank you for that. I wish more of them here were like you.
  • Alex_cr
    5803 posts Big Money Move
    2 players need to be in front of attacker when ball is passed to your attacker.

Find it staggering how many people don’t understand this rule who play FIFA.
  • YMNn
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Okay, i really didn't know about the 'second' last part. My bad.

It's a common misknowledge, because keeper is rarely the one breaking the offside.
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    edited November 2019
    Maybe a tip to first know the facts before start to complain. Nowadays people start complaining before they know the rules, before they tried something else, etc etc.
  • TW1103
    2737 posts Fans' Favourite
    Defo onside, but thought I'd share my offside story... The other day, I was flagged offside for tackling a defender, then accidentally tapping A, but I then ran back onto it with the same player. Apparently it's offside when a player kicks it to themself 😂