DMZ For smooth gameplay

Vaughanster88
141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just wondering if anyone has put the console through DMZ instead of port forwarding. Been struggling with loads of lag and slow game play for weeks. Tired port forwarding but it was still just as bad. I read something this morning on changing the ps4 to go though dmz setting so changed it and it's made a huge difference. The game is so much quicker with hardly any lag so my question is has anyone else done this and seen an improvement or is it just coincidence

Comments

• Ben
    5496 posts Big Money Move
    De-milititarized zone ?
  • Verdi
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just wondering if anyone has put the console through DMZ instead of port forwarding. Been struggling with loads of lag and slow game play for weeks. Tired port forwarding but it was still just as bad. I read something this morning on changing the ps4 to go though dmz setting so changed it and it's made a huge difference. The game is so much quicker with hardly any lag so my question is has anyone else done this and seen an improvement or is it just coincidence

I don't know what sort of gameplay you were getting so I can't really judge.

But for me, putting my console in the dmz made no difference at all.
  • Liamooo
    1178 posts Professional
    I use it for mine and although it is definitely better the delay in WL servers is just awful. Nothing will save anyone from delay.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    What is DMZ ? I’ll try anything
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    edited November 2019
    Ben wrote: »
    De-milititarized zone ?

That's actually the correct technical term too. Yes.
  • RayS
    37774 posts International Superstar
    Ben wrote: »
    De-milititarized zone ?

i don't think we should play fifa in the DMZ
  • Vaughanster88
    It's defiantly less secure than port forwarding but based on the articles I read the ps4 and Xbox are secure enough without needing the extra security from the router. If I have got it right it essentially bypasses the firewall making communication quicker between the console and server
  • Dunkirk
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    makes no difference
  • bainaar
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yes it does help, it will give your german opponent an even smoother connection
  • BadSeedsFC
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    DMZ is your Hollywood source of gossip
  • Vaughanster88
    :)
  • Natureboy44
    963 posts Professional
    Makes no difference because EA made the game like this on purpose it's how they want it.
  • Johnyboy86
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just tried=no difference problem isnt our hardware/software it EA's side (servers are ❤️❤️❤️❤️) and they dont want to fix it because it eats into there profit's!
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    DMZ is your Hollywood source of gossip

You mean TMZ 😉
  • It wont make a difference.

Your connection enters EAs environment. Once you have connected there its outnof your hands.
  • Gooders66
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tried it, makes no difference whatsoever for me.
  • Headshrinker363
    6124 posts Big Money Move
    Makes no difference because EA made the game like this on purpose it's how they want it.

Tried everything, it’s on EA and their servers this time.