I cant decide... Gerrard or Zanetti

Ronaldo
3901 posts National Call-Up
Having an icon midfielder helps so much with Links. But Zanetti seems just the beter card even if you play him CDM.

I plan on playing either of them CDM in a 4231 which one will I use longer?

Comments

• HDouble
    2595 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got red inform walker but even without him Gerrard was my only choice
  • James909
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have the same issue. Leaning towards gerrard for the easier links. But as you say Zanetti appears the better player.
  • Lfc23
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stevie g
  • Gerrard! yeah sure Zanetti is way more solid defensively (as he should obviously) but with that massive difference in shooting (in short Zanetti's non existent scoring capabilities) he can never be the better card over Gerrard as a midfielder.
  • Nobber93
    1882 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play Zanetti at RB and I am yet to meet someone who has tore him apart making me regret the choice. I imagine him and someone like Kante would be world class in the middle
  • Ishibum
    14390 posts Has That Special Something
    Took Zanetti. Fixes the Serie A RB problem and has the stats to go into cdm if needed.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Gerrard is amazing for me.
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wing backs don't come into the game as much when you compete against good players. They don't run down the wing like the previous FIFAs. Having players with great passing who can build play from the back and provide offensive options at the edge of the box are the keys to winning. Zanetti is hyped but what's the point of moving a RB to the CDM? Doesnt that tell you the RB is not as important or people wouldn't be getting him for that?
  • alvchong
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just played a fut cham match with gerrard at Cam. 2 down and he sparked a comeback with toko ekambi with 2 goals 2 assists. I love his burst into box. I won at penalty at last goal scored and decided by gerrard. I know zanetti is better stats but having an hard grinded icon always involve in goal is more enjoyable.
  • EisenErmin
    9031 posts League Winner

@protzbischof

Could you tell me more? Why and what he is good at, you know... a short (or long) review please ?
  • starfox1284
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gerrard....full backs arent that impactful to me compared to a mid
  • protzbischof
    edited November 2019
    EisenErmin wrote: »

@protzbischof

Could you tell me more? Why and what he is good at, you know... a short (or long) review please ?

Im playing him as a CM in a 4141. He just does everything for me. His passing and positioning is amazing. He can finish well on his right foot. The only downside is his left foot. I think he should be played as a CM or a CDM that is expected to go forward. He is wasted if you tell him to stay back imo.
  • First_touch87
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    Having an icon midfielder helps so much with Links. But Zanetti seems just the beter card even if you play him CDM.

I plan on playing either of them CDM in a 4231 which one will I use longer?

Get Sissoko and play him in that boring formation of 1 depth and drop back 👍
  • EisenErmin
    9031 posts League Winner

@protzbischof

Im playing him as a CM in a 4141. He just does everything for me. His passing and positioning is amazing. He can finish well on his right foot. The only downside is his left foot. I think he should be played as a CM or a CDM that is expected to go forward. He is wasted if you tell him to stay back imo.

@protzbischof

So he should suit me perfectly as I would play him in a posession based 4411 in the right CM spot next to OTW De Jong.
  • Durrani13

@protzbischof

@protzbischof

So he should suit me perfectly as I would play him in a posession based 4411 in the right CM spot next to OTW De Jong.

That's a perfect combo.
  • protzbischof
    Durrani13 wrote: »

@protzbischof

@protzbischof

That's a perfect combo.

agreed ! :)
  • AdamJK222
    55 posts Park Captain
    Zanetti has been world class for me. Anyone that attacks down the left just gets hunted down and immediately stopped. People say right backs dont have much impact but people run down the wings all the time trying to cut back and pass across goal. I think people just try to convince themselves that Zanetti isnt the best choice when deep down they know he is.
  • Durrani13
    AdamJK222 wrote: »
    Zanetti has been world class for me. Anyone that attacks down the left just gets hunted down and immediately stopped. People say right backs dont have much impact but people run down the wings all the time trying to cut back and pass across goal. I think people just try to convince themselves that Zanetti isnt the best choice when deep down they know he is.

Maybe or is it the other way around? Lol :)
  • Gerrard is crazy good , relentless running-shooting-passing-defending machine
  • EisenErmin
    9031 posts League Winner
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Gerrard is crazy good , relentless running-shooting-passing-defending machine

So Gerrard is it the for me. 2 more useless tokerns left then. I doubt I will do the Suad battles grind to get Schmeichel on top of Gerrard. And I also have 85 Lehman untradeable, who is horrible, but at least gives green links to german CB, while schmeichel links to Kjaer, Christensen and Vestergard :smile: So unless they give out a RTTF Christensen for free..... he is useless