Chow and Liam's Opta RTG

Chow
2525 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 2015
lAGFnsN.png

View all the detailed Opta'esque player/team stats here (opens in the same tab).

Other RTG's currently on going...

Paint Your Target - A Dual RTG Experience by @Jmcgraghan
Sverige U21 RTG by @Sokker14
Klose to the Edge RTG by @BlitzersNL

With Team of the Season coming to a close, it's that time of year where Ultimate Team starts to settle down for a quiet Summer as we wait for the next FIFA. That said, in order to freshen things up, @Liam9lfc and I have decided to start our Ultimate Team journey from scratch in the form of a Road to Glory.

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Road to Glory concept...instead of adding lots of rules as to when you can buy X player after X amount of wins, we decided that we wanted as natural a progression as possible, thus for the most part there won't be any restrictions on the decisions Liam or I can make.

And while the end goal is still to win Division 1, this isn't really a competition between the two of us either. In fact, this is more like a way for us to keep a person record of our Ultimate Team.

5TSueBq.png

Opta

So where does Opta come into play? Throughout the RTG, we will both be recording a plethora of statistics for each individual player, as well as the overall team performance. These stats will range from disciplinary record, to pass completion, and even conversion rate. You can find all the detailed stats by heading onto the Google Sheet I've created here (opens in the same tab) - be sure to use the three tabs Chow's Player Stats, Liam's Player Stats and Overall Team Comparison at the bottom of the document.

Starting Out

Both Liam and I have picked one marquee player of equal value to start out as the face of the club. Personally, I have decided to go with SIF Shinji Kagawa, while Liam has gone for TOTS Harry Kane. Other than that, we will be selecting a 23 man squad from our starter pack + the free bronze pack you receive when you first create a club.

Progression

As I mentioned earlier, there won't be many restrictions as to the decisions we can make over the course of the RTG. In fact, there will only be one:

Before buying a gold player in a certain position, the club must have used at least one silver player for a minimum of five games in that position. For example, if I wanted to upgrade to a gold striker, I would have to purchase and use at least one silver striker for a minimum of five games before I could sign a gold striker.

Liam will being playing Seasons for the most part, while I'll probably mix and match between Online Single Matches, Cups and Seasons.

Player Reviews

Part of the reason we wanted to start an RTG was to give both of us the chance to use lots of different players that we hadn't got the chance to use over the course of this FIFA. If there's any players that we are currently using/have used, and you'd like our opinion on how they play in game, feel free to ask and we'll bring out a player review!

If you have any questions, suggestions, criticisms or complements, feel free to post!

Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• Chow
    edited July 2015
    #TweetBank

Here you can view all the tweets posted throughout the RTG...

6/7/15:
    WzU2MPF.png

ukEKfIu.png

lDvLlcr.png

Q2u7jCm.png

7/7/15:
    PVeFoNB.png

YOibDsO.png
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Match Report Archive

Here you can find a link to all the match reports throughout the RTG...

Chow:
    Liam:
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    Player Reviews

Here you can find a list of player reviews uploaded throughout the RTG. If you want a review for a player that hasn't been done yet, feel free to ask!
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Team Updates

Periodically we will post our current team sheet to show how our squads have progressed throughout the RTG...

6/7/15:
    Chow's Starting Squad:

aINMDYI.jpg

Liam's Starting Squad

78dcb2e82bc6526ca059ff3ea4490359.jpg

7/7/15: Chow's Current Squad:

Lyp6elD.png

7/7/15: Liam's Current Squad:

0a8786e8b4efc313d9cba0536ae71872.jpg

Post edited by Liam9lfc on
  • MJP
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    A RTG is definitely the best way to get some more playtime out of the game, especially at this late stage. Hope to see plenty of Southampton players involved.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    Love seeing Kagawa as the first player on the team :)

Play-a-making.
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 1): Current Record: 1-0-0
    Match Type: Online Single Match
    Result: @Chow 4-2 Opponent
    Additional Comments: First win on the board! Got hit on the counter twice after my tinpot defenders failed to deal with Balde, but Kagawa ran the show. B)

Squad:

aINMDYI.jpg

Opposition Squad:

rrJZ4Xl.jpg
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    WzU2MPF.png
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    MJP wrote: »
    A RTG is definitely the best way to get some more playtime out of the game, especially at this late stage. Hope to see plenty of Southampton players involved.
    @MJP I'll try to get Yoshida into the Japan links for sure!

Bidwell wrote: »
    Love seeing Kagawa as the first player on the team :)

Play-a-making.
    @Bidwell "I try push Fellaini down 7 step. Fellaini resist, swat Kagawa like small Japanese fly!
    Why though Young and Robben on floor holding face?"
  • Liam9lfc
    8527 posts League Winner
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 1): Current Record: 1-0-0
    Match Type: Seasons (Division 10)
    Result: @Liam9lfc 2 - 0 Opponent (Opponent quit at 11' mins)
    Additional Comments: Easy first game to settle in. Harry Kane was clinical with a brace, and my opponent tapped out after 11 minutes.

Squad:

Opposition Squad:

9d5017b9708060ea504bb37a4010341f.jpg
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Liam9lfc
    8527 posts League Winner
    a8623a4f702f4c70ab3339e28cd883fa.png
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    GL lads, you will end up finding some bronze players to be absolute talents and others to be absolute specials you can't wait to get rid of.
  • Liam9lfc
    8527 posts League Winner
    Jmcgraghan wrote: »
    GL lads, you will end up finding some bronze players to be absolute talents and others to be absolute specials you can't wait to get rid of.

thanks! Already found two wonderkids in Joao Teixi and Taylor (The Central CAM)

The 2 CBs can jump in a fire though lmao
  • Liam9lfc
    8527 posts League Winner
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 2): Current Record: 2-0-0
    Match Type: Seasons (Division 10)
    Result: @Liam9lfc 5 - 0 Opponent (Opponent quit at 53' mins)
    Additional Comments: Harry Kane scoring 4 goals from 4 shots, scored a brilliant all round passing goal rounded off by Taylor which I will probably upload later.
    Squad:

Opposition Squad:

ac6272682fa264b30fd03a970ff89500.jpg
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 2): Current Record: 2-0-0
    Result: @Chow 4-0 Opponent
    Additional Comments: Decided to give Daniel Diaz the nod over Adam Jackson at CB after a horrific defensive display in the first game. The decision paid off with a clean sheet.

Squad:

aAnmhfG.jpg

Opposition Squad:

mro9vgt.jpg
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Liam9lfc wrote: »

Reported.

Good luck nevertheless, @Liam9lfc and @Chow ;)
  • Chow
    lDvLlcr.png
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    really interesting idea, would be even more interesting if lots of people got involved and you could then amalgamate the stats and compare between players.
  • TheWiseWizard
    811 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best of luck guys! Will be interesting to see how many 90+% passing accuracy games you manage to end up with in the end :)
  • Chow
    really interesting idea, would be even more interesting if lots of people got involved and you could then amalgamate the stats and compare between players.
    @benjisince93 Glad you like the concept. It would be cool if more people got involved, but quite frankly it takes ages for Liam and I to record all these stats after each game, probably an extra 20-30mins on top of the time spent playing to record all the data properly, write up the match report, etc. Ideally, EA would include all this information in your club already for each player, rather than have limited info on the card (no one wants to see previous club info either) and then temporary info at the end of each match.
    Best of luck guys! Will be interesting to see how many 90+% passing accuracy games you manage to end up with in the end :)
    @TheWiseWizard Danke. :) And yeah I'm certainly aiming to maintain above an 85% pass accuracy, something which just isn't possible on seasons because of the pass accuracy bug.
  • Chow
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    Liam9lfc wrote: »

Reported.

Good luck nevertheless, @Liam9lfc and @Chow ;)
    @Sokker14 Rumour has it both #Totaalvoetbal and #FutsalFC are lining up a mid-season friendly with the Sweden U21 squad. ;)
  • Chow
    Q2u7jCm.png
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 3): Current Record: 3-0-0
    Result: @Chow 1-0 Opponent
    Additional Comments: Rotated the lineup to give some players a rest - bringing Digard in certainly helped against loan Messi and Lewan. Inui had a relatively quiet debut, and while the scoreline only reads 1-0, it was a fairly comfortable win, Kagawa could have had a hat-trick but hit the bar twice from long range finesses.

Squad:

DwdI8fg.jpg

Opposition Squad:

J5dP0Qk.jpg
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    Chow wrote: »
    @benjisince93 Glad you like the concept. It would be cool if more people got involved, but quite frankly it takes ages for Liam and I to record all these stats after each game, probably an extra 20-30mins on top of the time spent playing to record all the data properly, write up the match report, etc. Ideally, EA would include all this information in your club already for each player, rather than have limited info on the card (no one wants to see previous club info either) and then temporary info at the end of each match.

Completely agree with this. (also yeah I did think it might take too long)

I don't know whether there is perhaps some sort of misguided belief that the casual gamer just doesn't care?

I know many casual FUT players who would always be checking detailed stats if they were available. The majority of modern followers of sport really are obsessed with stats it would really add to the game - how hard could it really be to implement?
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something

I don't know whether there is perhaps some sort of misguided belief that the casual gamer just doesn't care?

I know many casual FUT players who would always be checking detailed stats if they were available. The majority of modern followers of sport really are obsessed with stats it would really add to the game - how hard could it really be to implement?

Agree strongly. I would love to see the overall pass accuracy of all the different midfielders I've used, just to see how much of a difference the 'short passing' stat actually makes. (Perhaps I've arrived at why EA doesn't keep those stats eh? :wink: )
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    Orikoru wrote: »

Agree strongly. I would love to see the overall pass accuracy of all the different midfielders I've used, just to see how much of a difference the 'short passing' stat actually makes. (Perhaps I've arrived at why EA doesn't keep those stats eh? :wink: )

@Orikoru
    Haha, get that tinfoil hat off!

though yes, might show the mechanics up a little!
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »

@Orikoru
    Haha, get that tinfoil hat off!

though yes, might show the mechanics up a little!

Haha. Obviously you can see the difference between say, 75 and 90 short pass, but it would be interesting to see the difference between 80 and 85, say. Not just on passing anyway, shot accuracy would be handy as well as just goals per game that we have now. I would make a lot more informed decisions about my teams with a full range of stats to look over. I mean, when it comes to centre backs, all you have to go on is incidents that you remember happening in matches and how they dealt with them. I don't even trust myself to remember things like that in an unbiased way, if you know what I mean.
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 4): Current Record: 4-0-0
    Result: @Chow 4-1 Opponent (70th minute rage quit)
    Additional Comments: A few things happened this game. This is the first time my opponent's rage quit, and this was also the first game where I crossed...turned out I scored from said cross. However, I did encounter the fabled attribute card John Obi Mikel at striker. Not a threat right? Well...

For whatever reason the screenshots got corrupted so I can't get a high quality copy. Had to use a lower quality version via twitter...

Squad:

CJUBhqTWEAIQk9d.jpg

Opposition Squad:

CJUBZddWIAAmYKS.jpg
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    @benjisince93

Absolutely, I love looking at stats, and while they can be misleading at times, a lot of the time they help me to make informed decisions/opinions on different matters (as @Orikoru said), whether it be player selection on FIFA, etc.
  • Chow
    edited July 2015
    Match Report (Game 5): Current Record: 5-0-0
    Result: @Chow 1-0 Opponent (25th minute rage quit)
    Additional Comments: Ended with 86% possession and 100% pass accuracy (68/68 passes) after 25 minutes of being camped outside the opposition box. Opponent lost his head early doors and threw his console out of the window or something, causing the game to disconnect.

Squad:

2TVS2ac.jpg

Opposition Squad:

U1sMd4y.png