The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Anyone else going to get to 16 for Rio and stop the nonsense

Dolph
1180 posts Professional
I don’t get a lot of time to play and would like to play with my actual team not these crap 1st owner teams.

Comments

• Futfanatic
    14756 posts World Class
    Yea that’s what I did
  • d3b4s1s
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Exactly what i did. Had 11 from last time, so avoided a lot of grind this time(which is a lot worse). Helps that i like him irl and had zeroed in on him.
  • Chriswhiteisright
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019
    Yeah defo thinking if doing this, had enough of these new swaps already not worth the grind.

Hope hes worth it though haha
  • Dolph
    1180 posts Professional
    Yeah defo thinking if doing this, had enough of these new swaps already not worth the grind.

Hope hes worth it though haha

Looks like he is, I was going to do Butra or Hagi but I don’t want to put up with the grind for them
  • Retro_G
    31385 posts National Team Captain
    I got Schmeichel, Zanetti. Done all the online challenges without losing, got a good few rage quits, didn't take too long. Doing the squad battle challenges the last two days, they've been a pain in the arse. Finished the last one about an hour ago, don't need the EFL challenge.
  • Boabdust
    4854 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Yea that’s what I did

• GT500
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Doing that with Zanetti
  • tworaf
    409 posts An Exciting Prospect
    done 12 and redeemed 8 for pep. now I have done 6/8 from online. only need 1 more win with ligue 1 and 4 wins with bundes. its the squad battle tokens that worry me, I cant stand that mode at all
  • SimenHP
    2091 posts Fans' Favourite
    I ended at 19 and did Emilio, but I was thinking about going Rio and Pep, but couldn't be bother to play more so ended with 19. I rather have a fun attacker instead of a good defender
  • Retro_G wrote: »
    I got Schmeichel, Zanetti. Done all the online challenges without losing, got a good few rage quits, didn't take too long. Doing the squad battle challenges the last two days, they've been a pain in the arse. Finished the last one about an hour ago, don't need the EFL challenge.

Is that you, God?
  • Senth6
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    The grind is driving my gf nuts lol, got ferdi, but carried on now got la liga left for online and efl and another set off offline ones ffs
  • Kove
    4146 posts National Call-Up
    GT500 wrote: »
    Doing that with Zanetti

• Jonboyparker
    5460 posts Big Money Move
    No more rubbish for me. DR has been ruined, not that it has ever been great but now it’s w pointless mode without any progression.

12-C7-F903-D099-4504-8-A01-E73-C82206-CAB.jpg

Rio will be one of the top CB’s until primes. He will hold his own alongside the current CB’s in the game. He’s free and it means I can save my coins for a beast later on when he starts to drop off. Doubt I’ll be bothering with objectives going forward.

• Jonboyparker
    5460 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    d3b4s1s wrote: »
    Exactly what i did. Had 11 from last time, so avoided a lot of grind this time(which is a lot worse). Helps that i like him irl and had zeroed in on him.

Forced myself to do 12 last time knowing I could get 4 in the first week this time round without pulling my hair out too much. No more objectives for me...

You should never feel forced into doing something. I’ll just play with my ultimate team going forward
  • Ben
    3743 posts National Call-Up
    I never started the nonsense . Was never worth the time or frustration. I play video games for fun , there is nothing fun about playing 20 squad battles games or trying to win games in div 4 with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players .
  • Dolph
    1180 posts Professional
    Ben wrote: »
    I never started the nonsense . Was never worth the time or frustration. I play video games for fun , there is nothing fun about playing 20 squad battles games or trying to win games in div 4 with **** players .

I would do that also but I only spend a little money at the start and only limited time to play so a free icon is worth a little grind
  • Ben
    3743 posts National Call-Up
    Dolph wrote: »
    I never started the nonsense . Was never worth the time or frustration. I play video games for fun , there is nothing fun about playing 20 squad battles games or trying to win games in div 4 with **** players .

I would do that also but I only spend a little money at the start and only limited time to play so a free icon is worth a little grind

It’s more than a little grind for those of us with families etc. plus there are regular gold players that are almost as good as icons. Playing division rivals and making 50 or 60k a week I’ve got a great serie a team that can compete with anyone. I’ve beaten Son and rashford teams so many times .
  • Dolph
    1180 posts Professional

It’s more than a little grind for those of us with families etc. plus there are regular gold players that are almost as good as icons. Playing division rivals and making 50 or 60k a week I’ve got a great serie a team that can compete with anyone. I’ve beaten Son and rashford teams so many times .

I have a wife and kids as well, I managed to do the first set fairly easy. But those seemed simpler or maybe it was because it was new, I only have 3 left to get rio, seems easy enough
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    I don’t get a lot of time to play and would like to play with my actual team not these crap 1st owner teams.

I didn't bother with any of the swaps OBJs. As you said, I play ultimate team to build and use my team. Not to spend more than half my playtime using cards that I would never even consider trying. I wouldn't mind if I had to include a single or a couple cards here and there. But changing the whole team every time I intend to complete one of these OBJs is just not worth the hassle for me. Afterall, I could probably trade my way to any of the available icons in less time than what it would take me to grind the OBjs.

I get that the swaps aren't made for everybody, and that's fine. But I have a hard time seeing who they're intended for exactly. I'm yet to see anyone enjoying this new system.
  • greif44
    3140 posts National Call-Up
    GT500 wrote: »
    Doing that with Zanetti

• Pranav
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Yea that’s what I did

Why not go for zanetti? I know you would have heaps of coins to afford messi so why go Rio?
  • joeyuk
    74 posts Park Captain
    I was going Rio and Pep. So needed all the tokens, did all 12 last time but ended up get Carlos instead so dint need todo the 4 squad battles and ucl online ones now.
  • Hrhrh
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I kind of went the other way, I sold my tradeable team because I don’t have time to play with it with all the objectives and built an untradeable team for WL with all these cards I’ve “earned”. Don’t think it’s too bad either. Invested pretty much all the coins instead

3-E629-ACC-7-D72-4-C44-B026-EC2760-F1-B15-D.pnG

8-D23-F993-998-B-4-B95-AA93-0-F84691-D208-F.pnG
  • Foxsake
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    Used Rio for a bit he is noting like last year
  • pudgyfudgy
    5988 posts Big Money Move
    Stopping at 19 for Gerrard. 1 token to go. This has been a rather boring week, even though I'm having no difficulty getting the wins with the required squads. Feels as pointlessly mundane as those RPG fetch quests, don't you think?
  • Dolph
    1180 posts Professional
    Hrhrh wrote: »

I kind of went the other way, I sold my tradeable team because I don’t have time to play with it with all the objectives and built an untradeable team for WL with all these cards I’ve “earned”. Don’t think it’s too bad either. Invested pretty much all the coins instead

3-E629-ACC-7-D72-4-C44-B026-EC2760-F1-B15-D.pnG

8-D23-F993-998-B-4-B95-AA93-0-F84691-D208-F.pnG

That’s quite a bunch of untradeables though, mine are like 78 rated randos