The community have never ever been this devided.

lolowalsh
306 posts An Exciting Prospect
Icon swaps are cool cause they give players access to icons that are usually 700k+ for playing the game, but the system is hindered by the fact that the best versions of the icon selection in set 1 will only obtainable by fifa points or the transfer market.

Icon sbc were cool because it made you grind at your own pace and get the best versions of icons " before EA added moments" plus some of the best icons in the game that are super expensive to buy were affordable by grinding champs and rivals... but it made the icons that are not good who should be 200k or less super expensive for the casual players.

I honestly dont know what EA should do to please both camps.

Comments

• Tech1000
    78 posts Park Captain
    Offer both.
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    They've got it completely wrong. The objectives are stupid.

Instead of giving them a difficulty, they should have made them an actual grind. Like "score 200 goals with a first owned EPL player in rivals". That way people who play more will get it done sooner and theres no need to relegate to a lower division making it more difficult for others.

Also the selection of Icons available is very underwhelming, by the time people have gotten all the swap cards they won't be improving many peoples teams.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2798 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Instead of giving them a difficulty, they should have made them an actual grind. Like "score 200 goals with a first owned EPL player in rivals". That way people who play more will get it done sooner and theres no need to relegate to a lower division making it more difficult for others.

Also the selection of Icons available is very underwhelming, by the time people have gotten all the swap cards they won't be improving many peoples teams.

The were never going to release gullit and R9 in batch one though were they
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    divided*
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    EA have messed up as usual but it’s also the players. You see multiple players bragging how good they are yet feel the need to relegate themselves for easier objective which is killing the game for casuals. There is no reason whatsoever for them not to include also the SBC other than the fact they enjoy to only keep some happy. I’m not against the way it is and just choose not to do them but it’s still has a huge effect on my games simply because of people dropping down the leagues. I play for fun now and that’s been take away. I guess a scummy community goes hand in hand with a scummy company.
  • Nobber93
    1882 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s a tough one. I feel like Icon swaps are good however the grind is a farce. They’ve basically flipped rivals so the bottom tier is horrifically hard causing the casual players to become disinterested. The icon swaps on offer at the moment aren’t exactly the best for grinding away. Who’s realistically gonna last till TOTS? Zanetti Rio Keane and Gerrard.

I believe prime icons should of been in packs from day 1 so the grind for the swaps wouldn’t be so harsh for the RTG or people who can’t spend FPs or don’t know how to trade. Why would you bother with getting a Mid Gerrard when the prime is there ready to buy.

I think EA should also have released icon SBCs let’s be real here they are never dropping prime Pele Maradonna R9 R10 in these swaps. I feel like these are the SBCs that should of been kept and released so at least people can do them at there own pace. That’s just my take on it.
  • MeeseeksandDestroy
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    No one is divided, everyone hates the game.
  • Jason1986

So I say 86 Schmeichel isn't interesting at all and you take it that I wanted to see the two best icons? Righto.

The fact that there's "batches" being released when EA decide you're allowed to have these cards is laughable on it's own.

Make prime Gullit the biggest grind. For instsnce;

3 x SBCs that total around 1m in coins to unlock the objectives for Prime Gullit;

300 goals in rivals with a first owner Dutch player, Chelsea player, Milan player and an Icon.
    150 goals in rivals with a first owner Sampdoria player and PSV player.

Much more enjoyable, the people who grind the game hard can get a Gullit fairly quickly and the casuals can play at their own pace.
  • madwullie
    6439 posts Big Money Move

So I say 86 Schmeichel isn't interesting at all and you take it that I wanted to see the two best icons? Righto.

The fact that there's "batches" being released when EA decide you're allowed to have these cards is laughable on it's own.

3 x SBCs that total around 1m in coins to unlock the objectives for Prime Gullit;

300 goals in rivals with a first owner Dutch player, Chelsea player, Milan player and an Icon.

Much more enjoyable, the people who grind the game hard can get a Gullit fairly quickly and the casuals can play at their own pace.

And I need to spend 3 weeks on my own time let strangers score 30 goals a match with a Dutch striker. BUT THEY'LL GIVE ME THE WIN.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ that.

If there's anything this debacle has shown, it's that the community can't be trusted with cool ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like upgradable cards etc etc
  • Jason1986
    madwullie wrote: »

And I need to spend 3 weeks on my own time let strangers score 30 goals a match with a Dutch striker. BUT THEY'LL GIVE ME THE WIN.

**** that.

If there's anything this debacle has shown, it's that the community can't be trusted with cool **** like upgradable cards etc etc
    EA are desperate for objectives to work, it was a suggestion for some sort of compromise. We all know objectives won't ever work how EA want them to, but they won't change.

SBCs for Icons was the fairest way to do it.
  • Stoz
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Icons should be 1 version end of story they start off with base stats and as you use them achieve milestones etc with them based on how you use them their stats then improve as you play and there is then a maximum level to this
  • madwullie
    Stoz wrote: »
    Icons should be 1 version end of story they start off with base stats and as you use them achieve milestones etc with them based on how you use them their stats then improve as you play and there is then a maximum level to this

No because people will cheat to improve their stats
  • madwullie
    madwullie wrote: »

**** that.

If there's anything this debacle has shown, it's that the community can't be trusted with cool **** like upgradable cards etc etc
    EA are desperate for objectives to work, it was a suggestion for some sort of compromise. We all know objectives won't ever work how EA want them to, but they won't change.

SBCs for Icons was the fairest way to do it.

Yeah I agree mate. It's crap frankly that ad a community we ruin stuff like this. Upgradeable cards based on performance would (within reason) be an interesting addition. Oh well.
  • Stoz
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Game is already full of cheats so would it even matter?